Albums that shocked you

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Link, Mar 22, 2005.

Evi

Evi Super Member LPA Super Member

After Forever - Invinsible Circles. Probably the best gothic album I've ever heard!

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Hybrid Theory - Blew me away... the only song I had heard was One Step Closer.

The College Dropout - Never Let Me Down... such a great song.

De-Loused in the Comatorium - One of the best albums ever.

The Grey Album - The Beatles mash up with Jay-Z... makes Jay-Z sound even better, IMHO.

peripeteia

peripeteia Ambient

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory. its jut priceless. its one album that i've NEVER regretted buying.

Christina Aguilera - Stripped. i know that she's an excellent singer. but i never knew that she was THIS good.

System of a Down - Toxic city. Perfect.

Lacuna Coil - In a Reverie. something about this album makes me feel at bliss.

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Slipknot - Volume 3 (subliminal verses)

Ok i have to say i used to think slipknot were alright, just a bit more noise than music, but the i heard some of the songs off this and woke up to what they really were.

Story of the year - Page avenue

i heard 'anthem of our dying day' on lauch ages before i even knew about the album and didnt really like it that much, then a few weeks after hearing that my mate brought the album into school, so i listened to it and fell in love with it

Sum 41 - Chuck

having heard all of the sums songs before this realese i expected another great pop-punk album, but when i heard the whole album i was completely suprised, because at the time i was jsut getting into heavyer stuff, and its like the changed to my tastes, this album has never left either my hi-fi, dvd player, pc or personal cd player (its always in one of them) and it is my all time favourite album ever

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

'Frances The Mute (Album)' - The Mars Volta

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

All the Weezer albums, Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory, and Green Day - American Idiot.

Sold My Soul To Yo Mama

Sold My Soul To Yo Mama Well-Known Member

Meteora by Linkin Park shocked me when I first heard it, I thought it was the best album I ever heard and I could not stop listening to it. It's funny, when I first heard Hybrid Theory I wasn't digging it too much but it grew on me and now I love it.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Akon - Trouble

I usually don't listen to RnB/Reggae but this ablum blew me away. There is not one track on that CD that I don't like.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Alter Bridge - One Day Remains:
    I never was the biggest Creed fan and expected this album to be a lot like Creeds music, but i was wrong. The album blew me away and there isn't a bad track on the album. There is nothing bad i can say about it. This album has put Alter Bridge firmly on my "favorite bands" list.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I might as well go and say it...

Linkin Park & Jay Z - Collision Course
    I'll admit, I wasen't too fond on having one of my favorite rappers and my old favorite band make an album. But in the end, it didn't even matter (no pun intended). The CD turned out great and the mashup sounded awesome. Word.