LPA Tribute Album

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Derek, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Ok guys, I go to sleep, come back and it seems like more then a handful, don't like the way Elie raps.

Of course you can have your opinion but, I personally like the way he raps. That's me though :p.

Will may disagree but I feel one or two of you dissed him hard. Once again you are allowed to have your opinion but I know I wouldn't diss someone unless I could do it better.

Elie can rap in my opinion. Plus I feel right in my decision to include Elie in this project, and I'll stand by that.

I mean, he only rapped fast like that to show people that part of his talent, doesnt mean he'll be 200MPH on the actual song he does ;) .

2. sup103

sup103 Ambient

I should get a recorder and show off my drum talent. Of course, ill need practice, I only know Papercut, Forgotten, and Crawling. Easier to Run would be really hard, but I could try it.

3. linkinfan42

linkinfan42 Guest

how do you record stuff on to the computer ? cause i would like to and were would i buy something to record it on to the computer and how much is it going to cost?

4. elie

elie Well-Known Member

It's basically free. If you have a mic, pop open your SOUND RECORDER on Windows, and start shouting into your mic! If you need any help, let me know.

5. linkinfan42

linkinfan42 Guest

yeah i dont have a mic so thats a problem..but were can i get one ?

6. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

A store.

7. linkinfan42

linkinfan42 Guest

A store. [/b][/quote]
    no ####...what type of store..circut city..sam goody...be more specific

8. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

no ####...what type of store..circut city..sam goody...be more specific [/b][/quote]
    Any electronics store.

9. elie

elie Well-Known Member

no ####...what type of store..circut city..sam goody...be more specific [/b][/quote]
    No need to get nasty with the man. I mean, for computers' sake, it's just a mic. He said a "store" because you obviously get it from an electronics store. You don't go to Ralph's or Carls Jr. to pick up a microphone...you set yourself up for such a reply.

10. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

I have no idea why you needed to flame me for stating me opinion.

1) I said I thought will was better. Not that you were bad.

2) I was talking about him rapping over the Enth E Nd intrumental....not Faint....which did seem to have mikes vocals still in it....

3) The only reason i mentioned mike's timing is because you said he wasnt rapping with the "Song's beat"....but with "mike's beat". Implying that mike's rapping beat was not the same as the song's beat. I made a joke about you insulting mike's timing. I knnow what you meant....but thats not how it came out :p

Dang....people get angry so easily over nothing..... :/

11. Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

OK...from now on, anybody who is intrested in doing this tribute please PM/AIM Derek and he will work w/ you from there...

Perhaps I will open this up in a few days once you've all calmed down

- Jail Guard Omar

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I re-opened this only because it's easier to control the album through here, but I see #### starting up again and this is going to be closed faster then you can say "Poop.".

Ok here's the current list of instrumentals I have for us to work with(If one of the rap vocalists is interested in one of the full ones, please claim it)

Full Instrumentals:
    Enth E End
    Frgt/10
    One Step Closer

Almost-Full Instrumentals:
    An 80% unofficial instrumental of Pushing Me Away (pieced together via the DVD instrumental), all but the climax is instrumentaled. May not be official but we could work with it/tinker with it.

Incomplete Instrumentals Under Two Minutes
    Papercut(Intro, Verse and Chorus music)

Incomplete Instrumentals Under A Minute From The DVD:
    With You(half of intro, and all of verse)
    Forgotten(verse and chorus)
    Runaway(last chorus, into bridge)

--

For the ones that aren't complete we can either: A. Use those parts and remix the rest of the beat, or(altho messier and not totally my choice)recreate the entire instrumental Via our guitarists/bassists/and drummers.

Only reason I don't totally agree with this is most people dont have excellent mics like me and Will do and it could lead to the guitars sounding low quality/blared out or even distorted. But if there's any people interested in these instrument parts PLEASE post so.

13. elie

elie Well-Known Member

I'm insterested in whatever you need me to do Will. I'll be happy to do Paper Cut, Enth E End (though Will does do this one better than I), and Forgotten.

Wat I suggest, if Will does Enth E End, he said he doesn't like Motion Man's parts, and neither do I. If you want, I can rewrite the lyrics to somewhat go with Mike's good lyrics, and I'll do Motion Man...under the name Elie of course. What you think?

Basically, I'll do whatever song, whatever speed, etc. Just put me where you please. I'll be serious, unlike the samples I put up before where I was screwing around...

14. sup103

sup103 Ambient

Hmm, I should have a drum set within two months maybe, and I need a microphone.

15. Bryan

Bryan Guest

No offence, but if you dont even have a drum set yet, you're not going to be able to just sit down when you get it and play a Linkin Park song.

16. sup103

sup103 Ambient

No offence, but if you dont even have a drum set yet, you're not going to be able to just sit down when you get it and play a Linkin Park song. [/b][/quote]
    I need a new one, I have one right now. Ive been playing for four years.

17. linkinfan42

linkinfan42 Guest

i can do some vocals... if you want :mellow:

18. linkinfan42

linkinfan42 Guest

can i give it to someone to post up ?

19. Remasterbated

Remasterbated Banned

I can do Bass Guitar if you need , i'll send you a demo of me playing "Forgotten" or any other song

20. Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I can do the keyboard parts for Papercut, One Step Closer, Crawling, In The End and A Place For My Head! :p A lot of people say im good but im not :p If you really want them I might be able to get my friends mic... but im not sure if she still has it :wth:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.