Terry Schiavo

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Mar 21, 2005.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Todd, I told you, one more time and I'm taking your chicken privileges away.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

BACK ON TOPIC! :lol:

Minus

I like how once we get on topic, nobody has anything to say. :lol:

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I do.

Fucking let her live her life out. Everyone has a right to life. Disabled or not.

Minus

But you do know that she doesn't even exist anymore, all that's left is her body. Her mind is gone. She can't feel, percieve, etc.

It's her body parts that are going on, Terry Schiavo ceases to exist.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

But you do know that she doesn't even exist anymore, all that's left is her body. Her mind is gone. She can't feel, percieve, etc.

It's her body parts that are going on, Terry Schiavo ceases to exist. [/b][/quote]
    I just don't know how they can know that.

Who knows if she's still thinking and just can't find any possible way to express herself. For all we know, she sits there, every day thinking of a way to tell people what she's thinking.

Nobody can tell me she's just a vegetable. She just can't express herself as a normal person.

Then again, I may be wrong... I usually am.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Neil you also have to take into consderation she told her husband if anything were to happen and she ended up in that state that she wants to die. She doesnt want to live like that and her parents are not respecting her wishes.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

i think very1 deserves to live dead or alive....if god didnt let her die it has a reason.

Minus

I just don't know how they can know that.

Who knows if she's still thinking and just can't find any possible way to express herself. For all we know, she sits there, every day thinking of a way to tell people what she's thinking.

Nobody can tell me she's just a vegetable. She just can't express herself as a normal person.

Then again, I may be wrong... I usually am. [/b][/quote]
    They check her brain activity. Scientists and doctors know what it looks like when someone is thinking through brain waves. If they don't see it, the person is not thinking. And so on and so forth.

And to elaborate Eva's point of view, if we just let God decide who lives and dies, Terri would be dead anyways. It's medical equipment that keeps her alive, and last I checked, medical equipment is not a sign from God but the human race trying to imitate God by deciding who lives and dies.

And people with sicknesses would die all over, because it's God's decision of who recovers, not the doctors who prescribe medicine.

I think the 'God lets this and that' argument is like the ultimate version of laissez-faire (sp?).

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

Considering the time in which she has been braindead, I'd have to say her fate is obvious. Sure, there may be the slight chance that she comes back, but even then, how would life be for her after 15 years of absence? I wouldn't want to come back after 15 years of not being around. I just wouldn't. I think it's time to just take away the machines and let fate do it's job.

According to the law, however, the choice is to be made by the next of kin unless otherwise specified in a will by Terry. So, really, it's up to the law right now as to whether Terry should continue living through machines or not.

[Th3 Wkng De@d]

[Th3 Wkng De@d] Banned

I agree with the thread starter.

Personally, they need to let this woman die. She's brain-dead. There's an extremely, thin as a thread chance that Terry Schiavo will even show a sign of recovery. Her husband has the right to leave her. Since she's pretty much a living dead person.

Her parents want to keep feeding her...you are making her suffer! End the suffering, and let her die in peace. You can't save her.

Hard to believe they are making a big deal of it and taking it to court. But they are her parents and it's typical.

Just let her die, is what I'm saying.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Ditto, They should just let the woman go already and the governement shouldn't be getting involved in this no matter what. Some dumbass from my local town wrote a letter to president Bush demanding him to do sometihng about this, I mean I dont see why these people would even care its not their issue. If it was one of my family memebers in this situation i wouldn't want anyone else involved but my family.

Evan™

i think ill change my mind over wad i said earlier....well techically her body is "alive" or rather a living corpse.....wads the point of living on man......

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

There's no sense in fighting over it anymore. According to most medical experts she's way past the point of recovery (this past weekend was the deadline) as she's been starving for way too long.

When your body goes without nutrients for over a week, it's hard to get that back. President Bush, Jeb Bush and the families have tried all they can do, but now she's past the point of recovery.

If she was to get her tube back in today, making a full recovery, it'd be a miracle.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

leave her unplugged..

JasonB

JasonB Well-Known Member

Personally,I think Terri needs to die,it's for her own good.But,I don't think her husband wants her dead becuase of this,he wants her dead so he can move on with his life and forget about her.The day you marry somebody you are agreeing to be by each other side forever.Instead,he's ran off and found himself another women and had kids with her!!I wonder how Terri would've felt about that if she had a full brain.If you ask me he's cheating on Terri,doesn't matter if she's brain dead.Which leads me to believe that he doesn't care for Terri has much as he claims he does.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

She was originally from an area somehwere around where I live in Pennsylvania. But, all I'm going to say is that if I was in her 'state', I'd wanna die sooner than later. Living like that in a bed where you have absolutly no clue what the hell is going on around you is no way to live a life productively.

Her feeding tube has been removed for over a week now, it's only a matter of time before she passes, peacfully.

dj sampson

dj sampson Member

Although it appears that she currently has no brain functions, several of the doctors agree that she could recover. and her condition is not so severe that they do not know if she is self-aware, aware of those around her, but unable to respond.

i'm sort of on the fence with this. on one aspect, Terry could be in alot of pain just being kept alive on life support... but maybe she doesn't feel it?

but what if she really is just wishing to be let go, but cannot express it. no one knows to how much of an extent that she is actually brain dead.

it sort of scares me though to think, that (even though this is a very extreme case) if Terry is killed just because of her disability, that this sort of thing could happen to anyone. i know that is very extreme... but right now, Terry has no say in what happens to her. People that do not even know her, or have ever knew her, are deciding wether she is to live or die. seems very.... controlling. i mean, if the authority figures start deciding when certain people are "too disabled to live", what is next?

personally, i think that the only way Terry Schiavo should be allowed to die, is if all her family, including Michael Schiavo and the parents all agree to allow her death.

because as of now, even if Terry is brain-dead, her parents are not and will very much feel the impact of her death. after 15 years of trying to save your daughter, would you not be crushed if people just decided to do away with your daughter, and you had no say? that must be the most AWFUL feeling in the world. the parents of Terry Shiavo must be feeling heart-broke and powerless... which really is not fair at all.

only if everyone who is close to her agrees to let her go, should she be allowed to go.

Evan™

errr....rite.....but if she did ever recover will she be fully sane without any brain damage that might leave her paralyzed etc....

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

i seriously think that her husband is trying to marry someone else or something. why else would he wait for this long to say that he wanted her off the machine? this is not fair to anyone.

the government should not have been involved. now people are going to be swarming the courts with these issues, and it is a family thing, not a political thing.