Cleared Up!

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by USAF.07, Mar 29, 2005.

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

Okay...I would like to get the rumors cleared up for the people who continue to pursue these demos:

And One Demo
    Plaster (OSC Demo)
    Paranoia (Papercut Demo)

From the mind numbing research I've done, file searching I've done, and the posts I've read, none of these demos are publicly available (at least not to most of us) "And One" demo was supposedly released on a cd prior to HT, but is it shocking that the two are identical, probably not because they are, this is NOT the demo. Plaster as it's known only exists in the hands of a few lucky people (prob straight from a band insider) and just because you download something of a P2P network under that name doesn't mean it is, and as far as I know Paranoia isn't available on any of your standard P2P networks. I think the people claiming they have these rarest of the rare demos because they are just better searchers than the rest of us are kidding themselves; read the facts, look into the specifics of each song, and unless you were inside the studio were it was recorded you probably don't know what that demo sounds like anyway, so stop claiming you have them and give up just like me, you'll save a lot of stress, you can't have EVERY Lp song in existance, I bet most of the band themselves don't collect the demos, you know things have gotten bad when the friggin' Wizard Song was ripped :lol:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

The "And One" demo was put on a 9-track demo disc, but it is the exact same as the HTEP version, and therefore not a demo.

The "Plaster" and "Papercut" demos, ("Paranoia" was never a name for the "Papercut" demo, from what I've heard) are not available online, nor do we know if they're even real.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Plaster did exist, and when Linkin Park was moving up to the known, it was posted on a few sites. I've checked the sites, they no longer host it. Most people deleted them or lost them etc.. but some people DO have it. I believe it was released on a tape with the With You demo (Now I See)

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I've had the And One demo forever...instead of Mike rapping: Cut Myself Free, Chester screams it....thats all I could really notice.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That's the Part Of Me demo.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

That's 'Part of Me' n00b... not 'And One.'

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

You're right my bad....geeze...no need to be an ass about a mistake dude. Settle down.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

pwn3d :lol:

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

pwn3d :lol: [/b][/quote]
    lol Yes I made a mistake thanks.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

lol Yes I made a mistake thanks. [/b][/quote]
    Shame on you for making a mistake.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Do not ask for/post MP3s
    Asking for MP3s on this site is not tolerated. It is against the law for us to put copyrighted MP3's up on the forums for people to just download. If you're found asking for MP3s, you will be warned. Staff will give addtional warnings as they see fit. It is also requested you do not post links to MP3s, unless from the band's official site (or from a site where they posted the MP3 themselves, such as purevolume.com), as that is copyright infringement and cannot be allowed on these forums.

Now, please, Franny Zanzibar, tell me what part of that you don't understand.

I Don't Need No Accuser

I Don't Need No Accuser Well-Known Member

I can hear differences in the And One (Demo) and And One

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

There was never a tape with Plaster and Now I See, but there was a tape of OSC and With You, released after Hybrid Theory became Linkin Park. I do believe Plaster's real, though, because I've heard that some sites had it (I myself went to a site that supposedly had it and it wasn't there, but I also found there that the site did promote LP at the beginning).

As for the And One demo, I haven't heard it, but I'm sure it's the same as the original.
    And as for the Papercut demo, a.k.a.(?) Paranoia, that's in the verge of fantasy and reality.

USAF.07

Yeah I'm just about convinced that the And One Demo is the same thing as And One and disagree with those who say that there are differences, I won't be a believer until those differences are explained to me and then I get a chance to hear it myself.

As for Plaster and Paranoia, I'm convinced that they either don't exist or are so rare we as LP fans should no longer hunt for them.

I Don't Need No Accuser

I Don't Need No Accuser Well-Known Member

I will list the differences when I hear the songs more. I listened to the And One Demo one time and heard a difference and I will listen to it more to see if there really is a difference. IMO I doubt Linkin Park would put out a demo called Paranoia, then later change the title back to the working title.

And also, there IS a plaster. It has probably just never been released. I read an interview where the interviewer asked Mike about the demo and mike confirmed that there was a demo and it was called Plaster.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

There isn't and never was a papercut demo entitled 'Paranoia'.

Ever.

Plaster was used to promote the band on websites in the early days.

USAF.07

It seems like the Paranoia/Plaster question has been put to rest, Paranoia doesn't exist at all and Plaster was a rare track used to promote HT in the early days but is no longer found, but everyone seems divided on the And One Demo issue, the doubts lie in that 9 track sampler. If it can be said that it's different from And One on Hybrid Theory EP and recorded BEFORE Hybrid Theory EP then it's the demo, otherwise it would be a different version.

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

There's no demo for And One, the track in the sampler is the exact EP version.

USAF.07

I believe you're right, but there's too many other people who need to be educated of this fact; it needs to reach them! lol.

Tekkiji

Tekkiji Well-Known Member

I have 2 versions of And One on my computer. I have the one from HTEP and the live version. The live version is the same, only it ends different and there is no rap solo. Is this the "demo"? Who knows...it may just be the way they perform it.

As for Plaster and Paranoia. That's just rumors. We don't know if they are real or not. I can see Plaster being real, but not Paranoia.