Z-Trip Makes 'Good Music'

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

PopMatters Music has put up an interview they conducted with DJ Z Trip, in which he discusses his collaboration with Chester on the track 'Walking Dead'. Here's what Z-Trip had to say:

Z-Trip: He and I actually met each other on the road -- I'd opened for them three times on three separate tours. We've spent quite a bit of time together. I'm friends with the band, we're all homies. They've always looked out for me and I try my damnedest to look out for them. I think they're real genuine people, and I dig where they're coming from. It was just one of those things [where] I'd always wanted to do something with Chester, not even so much because he's Chester from Linkin Park -- that's obvious. I wasn't really that excited about that aspect, as much as I was about this [other] aspect, which is the bigger thing which I think is a shame because I don't think a lot of people are going to know -- but he's from Phoenix and I'm from Phoenix. There's a karmic element there for me with that song. You've got two guys who came from nothing and have made something for themselves, and that was the thing I was trying my hardest to make happen, and see happen. Just two guys making music. Z-Trip and Linkin Park aside, it was Zack and Chester. "Hey, what do you want to do? Let's make a song."

Click Here To Read The Full Interview

HurQlez03

HurQlez03 Well-Known Member

I am going to bookmark that streaming site for The Walking Dead, until I am willing to pay 10 bucks on iTunes for the Ztrip album that wont allow me to buy the Walking Dead track by itself.

finaldude14

finaldude14 Well-Known Member

Well Best but is selling 'shifting gears' for 6.99. Dont be THAT Cheap just buy it you will LOVE IT.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's the most genius marketing scheme ever. Thanks Hollywood Records.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

i think shifting gears is a pretty good album.. i didnt buy it tho.. downloaded it a while back.. but walking dead is still tight..

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Yah I listened to Shifting Gears today at work and its a pretty good album. Its only gonna be like 9.99 when out dtore gets it in. I'll definitely buy it.

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

listen to the dj is awesome

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

ill listen to any album with a guest appearance by supernatural.
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.