Anti-Abortionists: Going To Far?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, May 16, 2005.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Are these Anti-Abortionists going to far with their message? Making a billboard that shows a graphic image of an aborted fetus? What the fuck?

I think they've finally crossed the lines. Picketing outside a clinic and calling the pregnant women heretics (depending on if the picketers are religious), sluts, whores, etc. was wrong in the first place, but this?

Ugh. I won't show the picture out of respect for those that are easily disturbed. If Mark or someone says I can, then I will. If not, oh well.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Indeed, people are going to extremes these days.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

They went too far when they starting bombing abortion clinics. Pro life my ass :rolleyes:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

You can link to the picture. But make sure you give ample warning in the link to it.

Absolutely despicable. If I lived there I'd go paint over the entire thing. They have no right to tell a mother how to deal with herself. It affects these protestors in no way. Ridiculous.

I Don't Need No Accuser

I Don't Need No Accuser Well-Known Member

I think that's out of line to have it so open, but I'm for Anti-Abortions in a way. Condoms and birth control make it ''okay'' for kids to have sex. However I think there is a simple solution. If you get pregnant when you're too young, give the kid up for adoption.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

So put the pregnant woman through a painful 9 months and expensive doctor visits and hospital bills?

I hate anti-abortion protestors too, I'm just so fucking sick and tired of them. Its a womans body, let them do what they want. I saw some protesting along the street a few weeks ago and wanted to run them all over with my car, but I was in the wrong lane :shifty:

Mark

Why should a young person ruin her future for a mistake? Maybe the condom broke. Maybe she was raped. Should she have to go through the agony of giving birth to a child just because someone who has no business telling her how to treat her body tells her not to? Of course not.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Why should a young person ruin her future for a mistake? Maybe the condom broke. Maybe she was raped. Should she have to go through the agony of giving birth to a child just because someone who has no business telling her how to treat her body tells her not to? Of course not. [/b][/quote]
    I was going to comment, but Mark stole my words.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

i think abortion is generally wrong. even the thought is OK, but in general is bad. it ruins the womans body and all, or atleast from what i hear. anti abortionist are going WAY TO FAR, protest and all, just dont call hurtfull names, thats WAY too far.

fallenangel

fallenangel Well-Known Member

my thoughts exactly! i think it is better to relise your mistake early instead of bringing an unwanted child into the world cause who knows what kind of life this child will have.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Reiterating the idea for the millionth time, they are taking this too far and have been for the past several years. I am also sick of these anti-abortion people.

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

Even though I'm "pro-choice," I can see where these people are coming from. Because lets face it, no matter how you spin it, abortion is disturbing.

That said, I think they have no right to impose their views on unsuspecting people like that.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

ugh, i hate those pro-life assholes. im trying not to offend anyone really, but whenever people like this try to tell you what to do with your own body, it offends me personally, as well as a lot of other people.

LD50

LD50 Well-Known Member

I can possibly see some good coming out of this for pro-choice people. This will make the pro-life people look really bad (and goddamn crazy, at that).

No one has the right to tell a woman what to do with her body. And no one has the right to try and disgust people into not having abortions if they choose to have one.

And it's a good thing you didn't post that pic, I'm eating pretzels and Easy Cheese.
    :x

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

haha my sentiments to the letter!

i also agree with:
    <!--QuoteBegin--PyRoMaNiaK
    @May 16 2005, 07:20 PM
    ugh, i hate those pro-life assholes. im trying not to offend anyone really, but whenever people like this try to tell you what to do with your own body, it offends me personally, as well as a lot of other people. [/quote]

i think, its my body (or thiers), who has the right to tell me what to do w/ it?

Weezy

Weezy Well-Known Member

I hate how people can't just keep their ideas to themselves. If you don't believe in abortions, dont have them. But you have no right to tell someone else that they cannot abort if they want to.

Besides, the world is already overpopulated.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

That's happened to us. Kids don't need to see this.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Dude, without protesting...you wouldn't be living the way you are today.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

Dude, without protesting...you wouldn't be living the way you are today. [/b][/quote]
    well, i think theres a difference between protesting for your rights and protesting against other peoples rights.

Mark

well, i think theres a difference between protesting for your rights and protesting against other peoples rights. [/b][/quote]
    Very well said.