LPA Tribute Album

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Derek, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Well, I hope you don't mean like two guitarists have to do one track together, because that'd be stupid. I understand that you want more than one guitarist to do different songs but I think one guitarist is should be, "assigned" a song for themselves. But even though you want multiple people for each position, I think there should be on vocalist (Chester) and one rapper (Mike). It just wouldn't sound right with different vocalists. This is my opinion so please don't kill me for it :D.

And let's decide what songs we should do too! I suggest...

Somewhere I Belong
    From The Inside
    By Myself
    In The End
    Crawling (might be tough for vocalist)

All of those have both Mike and Chester (even Crawling) so that's why those are good choices in my opinion. [/b][/quote]
    Well some songs do have 2 guitars, cause theres split parts.....Crawling I agree would be difficult for some vocalists but I can sing that....but anyway, what i think they mean is not one person will play the same thing for every song, like you could play OSC's guitar and someone will play i dunno, Lying From You....wouldnt be too fair to people if the same people kept doing everything and didnt let other talent in.

2. tori

tori Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, I understand there will be more than one guitarist even though I wanted to be the designated one.

As for more than one guitar for a song, of course I know that! For example in Somewhere I Belong, there are two gutiars but I could make two seperate tracks with guitar one and guitar two and multitrack them. It's quite simple. That's all a part of mixing.

And if someone can't play a LP song that everyone wants to do, I'll do it :). But that probably won't happen since LP songs are easy.

3. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

.. ahh my new home o.o too bad I can't help with the tribute.. I can only pass down my ideas.. as my Acid Pro. 4.0 is out of commission DoPE!

4. Oblivion

Oblivion Guest

LP_HybridTheory_Xero, what makes you think you can. Sorry if I am coming off a little harsh but I havn't seen samples from you, and Derek hasn't posted we have a DJ. You can't just say I am doing cure for the itch and session, which you can't do alone. Session was more Mike then Joe. So there not all just pure Scratch.

Tori, hell you could be the only guitarist no one else is auditioning.

And PtsOfAthrtyLP17, have you auditioned? Cause if you can sing Crawling, as you say, it better not just be all talk.

Come on people, audition!

5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Totally.

AUDITION! Don't talk. Show. Or else, why dont you just

forfeit the game, before somebody else takes you out of the frame, and puts your name to shame....

Bottom line, your not on this project if you don't audition or have auditioned and totally sucked.

I'm very serious about this whole thing.

As for the songs we can do(thanks to tori):

Somewhere I Belong
    From The Inside
    By Myself
    Crawling
    In The End (with Enth E End's lyrics)
    Forgotten (with Frgt/10's lyrics)

Thanks to Will for those last two ideas, I agree with them totally. We just wouldnt do Motion Man or Chali's verses. They don't fit the song much anyways lol. They are dope, but not totally Linkin Park lyric wise.

So thats 6 tracks. A normal CD is like 13. Although Reanimation had 20, which I suppose we can do. Yes Will wants to do 25, but 20 is more evened out.

6. Oblivion

Oblivion Guest

What if we did like a longer crawling with Wills Remix lyrics with the raindrop part, but with our beats.

7. tori

tori Well-Known Member

I can play any LP song though. And why are we doing the Reanimation lyrics?

And people, post your stuff! Maybe you should add "Post your audition here" or something to the thread title.

8. Remasterbated

Remasterbated Banned

I can play any song also , I have been expanding my horizon on learning bass chords , i can play any LP song

9. tori

tori Well-Known Member

Oh, one more thing, if you really want to do the Reanimation lyrics, we have to make sure they are can be in time with the guitar riffs/bass lines and drum beats or else it can't be right.

I'm not a fan of Reanimation at all but since I'm not the vocalist, you guys choose :). As long as the lyrics are in time.

Reanimated you should post yourself playing.

10. Oblivion

Oblivion Guest

Then post it!

11. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

We're doing Reanimation lyrics as well as original lyrics, because that's the choice of the people in charge. :)

12. bkwoodroff

bkwoodroff Active Member

hey um, i'm auditioning, i posted a short clip, i'll make more if u want, and i emailed you derek, so yea, i play guitar, i'm auditioning, i said it many times :p anyways, *hopes this gets read* :p

13. tori

tori Well-Known Member

Hey you or Derek should post the clip here. I wanna hear it! What song did you do?

Will - Oh good good. I was thinking that we wouldn't do the original lyrics.

14. bkwoodroff

bkwoodroff Active Member

i posted it a few pages back, i'll do more, and better quality, its just that i need somewhere to host them, i use my pc for basic server stuff, but if a whole bunch of ppl try to get it at once (anything over 10) my connection hits the fan, so check back, i think it was on page 18 by my counting, and yea, if someone has somewhere to host, i'd be grateful.

btw, i did a couple sections of one step closer
    oh and off topic, but if you ever wanted to hear what eminem and lp sound like...i did a The Real Slim Shady Vs. Enth E Nd mix this afternoon, nothing fancy, but i did it.

15. Jhhead08

Jhhead08 Active Member

send it to me... ( as long as its less than 5 megs) ill try and host it.. i havent done it before... but its worth a shot! :p

16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Lemme stop for a second and say why im so strict with the talent. You see I don't value this as a simple fan project. It originally started off as that but now that it's getting serious I'm putting my foot down on who's horrible and who deserves to be in the project. I've seen a lot of tribute albums on the net (Tribute to LP and Projekt LPU) fall victim to bad talent. Both projects looked promising but unlike with me they threw whoever was interested on the project without scrutinizing on who sounds good or not.

Take into example: "Forgotten" by Projekt LPU, not only did they not create ANY of that instrumental, rather steal it from a song not even by Linkin Park, the two vocalists (Kito and his halfwit sidekick) have absolutely NO recording voices what so ever, and the track is painfully done, with terrible results. Also, although I never got to hear it, according to will P.LPU's Somewhere I Belong was so terrible he was in hysterics from laughing so hard.

That's exactly what I don't want to happen on this project. I don't want someone to listen to a song and bust out laughing because it is so terrible. I want the person to take a listen and go "Now these people really put thier hearts into this project!" and like what they hear.

I know my cover was liked..but I could have something in a few weeks that owns the cover you see now.

I can mix the parts together i just need amazing talent that can PRODUCE me those parts.

Like the new name of the CD; Street Soldiers: Dedicated (thanks to the mind of our very own Will on staff) we who are in charge of this project are DEDICATED to this idea, and will not stop until we have something we are proud of.

So to all my currently enlisted soldiers: We Salute You. ;)

-DJ

17. tori

tori Well-Known Member

Heehee, where can I hear those other tribut albums? Were those started on forums like us or what?

18. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

No, they're supposedly "professional" tribute albums, but they suck horribly.

19. Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

:lol: ya they do.

20. tori

tori Well-Known Member

Derek, since you are mixer, can you mix a simple little thing for me?

Mike's Part
    Brad's Part

Can you download those and put those together? They're probably out of time so you might have to slow down or speed up one of them. If you can do that. Once you put them together, it should sound like the Somewhere I Belong intro. And then post for us to hear! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.