Official, I have seen Star Wars Episode 3

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by sickcycle, May 19, 2005.

sickcycle

sickcycle Well-Known Member

Wow, was really allot better than I thought it would be walking into the theater. Lots of fan boys were there, dressed up and decked out in Jedi gear. Let’s start with a mini-review.

The Good

The movie had allot of good, first and foremost, the action was spectacular, the acting from Obi-Wan and Sideous were excellent, they were able to pull off otherwise cheesy lines and make them seem cool. Anakin and Padme seems seemed a litter better, if not for the dialog, then for the astounding beauty that Natalie Portman has. The movie was dark, really dark, and excellent, it shows well how the entire Jedi order could be wiped out; I loved the scene were the kid Jedi, no older than eight, took out five clone troopers before he was finally killed.

The Bad

The dialog still lacks in allot of ways, and Yoda flees the scene of a draw between him and Palpy, what the hell Yoda, get back up and continue! We don’t see Jar-Jar get killed, in fact he shows up at the end in one piece, damnit!

Any way, that’s my short review, there is allot more to say, but I am tired and must go, so please leave your comments here only if you have seen it.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I thought it was pretty good.

Mind you, I haven't seen Episode I or II, so I can't appreciate it as much as others.

The Good

The ending fight scenes between Annakin and Obi-Wan, and Yoda and Sidious were very well done. And long. The moves were choreographed very well. The graphics were done amazingly, especially in the opening space fight scene with the explosions. Great acting from Hayden Christensen and Ewan MacGregor. It was a much darker film, and I liked it that way. Yoda had some very memorable scenes.

The Bad

The worst acting I've ever seen from Samuel L Jackson. Some cheesy dialogue. Some scenes they cut to were only 10 seconds long and contributed nothing to the plot. In addition, there seemed to be too many cutscenes interrupting one another.

Overall: 9/10.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Sweet Buddha, I can die now.

The Good
    The music. Makes me want to play a band instrument, but there were a fair amount of string shit too. Just climactic.
    The battles were the shiznit.
    The many "that turns into a [insert Original Trilogy item here]" moments that I had.
    Samuel L. Jackson's almost killing Palpatine scene.

The Bad
    My god, some of the dialogue and scenes sucked. I think the predictions of Padme's death looked overall very cheesy.
    I think it's very strange how this scene went.

"I am a Sith Lord."
    "Oh shit, I better just leave and tell the council right now."

Also, Darth Vader's emotional scene at the end was humourous.

The Ugly
    Anakin's body after his fight with Kenobi... ick.

There's so much more to say, but I'm STILL absorbing it in.

9.5/10

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Order 66 is the best sequence in all 6 of the films.

LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

It was amazing.

Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

i seen it and i have to say my hands were shakeing it was sooooo amazing

the good:
    lightsaber effects
    force powers
    anikans story
    diologe

the bad:
    :eek: :eek: they killed samuel L jackson :eek: aw well i already knew but i just wanted to see the lengend die lol

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Thanks for that.

Minus

That was such a riveting scene, the execution was well done.

Even though I knew it was coming, even though it was only PG-13, that was such a frightening scene because you knew what was going to happen.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Thanks for that. [/b][/quote]
    1. It does say 'POSSIBLE SPOILERS' in the thread sub-title.
    2. If you've seen Star Wars: A New Hope... alright, even if you know a decent amount about the original trilogy you'd most likely know/have a vague idea that all of the Jedi (bar Yoda and Obi-Wan) were killed off/converted to the dark side by Palpatine and his allies.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Holy shit, I just got back from seeing it and wow. Mind-blowing. I have to see this again. I sat in the theater for a good 5 minutes after the credits started, just in shock.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

The Review as done by Katie:

Hayden Christiansen should NOT have been chosen to play Anakin Skywalker; however, his craptasticness of acting is partly due to the atrocity that was the script of this movie. There were certain great lines, i.e. Natalie Portman's "This is how democracy dies", and Ewan McGregor's "You were the chosen one!" Also, Chancellor/Emperor Palpatine's role was well executed. Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu was a bit flat, and Yoda (as expected) kicked.

Far and away, this was the darkest and best of the prequels. Perhaps it didn't quite measure up to the original trilogy, but this viewer wasn't expecting a masterpiece after the disaster of 1 and 2. Amazing special effects, with a nice return to the classic look we so loved in the original trilogy. CG Yoda seemed a bit more natural in this episode, although I will always prefer the Muppet Yoda. Palpatine's transformation was smooth and effective, as were all the effects. Easily the most powerful sequence in the film was Order 66 and the execution of all the Jedi Knights, save certain few.

One thing that still bothers me--how does Chewbacca end up on the Millenium Falcon? All other loose ends neatly tied up.

Overall, I enjoyed this movie, if certain actors/lines did drag it down a bit. I recommend seeing it on the big screen for the full effect. Don't wait.

Rating: 7.5/10. Could have been better.

Edit: Yes, I did see it at midnight. Great costumes.

sickcycle

Did anyone find the death of Kidadi-Mundu [sp?] the most saddening? It was snowing, and it showed him absolutely kicking ass in front of all his soldiers until they turned on him, the look on his face was so sad, like your buddies you fought beside for years, the one whom you saved from death and maybe him you, just stopped, and raised his gun, at you!.

withnoapologies

withnoapologies Well-Known Member

if the diologue didn't suck, i would have enjoyed that movie uberly.

but... i believe i have found a hole in the plot.....

according to Princess Leia in episode 6,(in referance to her mother, not corectly quoted) "she died when i was very young, she was very beautiful, and kind...... but, sad...." Padme died like three seconds after Leia was born.... SHAZZAM!

but it was a good movie, i guess.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I just got back from it.

I can't judge a movie the first time, especially this one, since I was too busy marking the fuck out for Anakin's eventual slip into the Darkside. Nice to see how Emperor Palpatine finally gets scarred the way he was in the original three. I loved the final few minutes, what with Anakin finally getting into the Darth Vader outfit, and the construction of the Deathstar. The light-saber battle between Vader and Obi-Wan was good, but not amazing like alot are making it out to be.

I friend & I walked to Wal-Mart after the movie was done and I wanted to buy the original three, but all together they costed $40+, and I only had about $24. <_<

Minus

It's all described in the Star Wars books, more specifically, the young Han Solo trilogy.

In short...
    When the Empire took over, the Wookies were enslaved by the Trandoshan and set to work in boiler rooms, etc. in Star Destroyers. As a young guy, Han was working for the Empire in his early years (hence why he has Corellian Bloodstripes on his pants, seeing as Corellia has been associated with the Empire for years and years), and rescued Chewie after Chewie saved his life. And then Han went smuggler.

That's your Star Wars history for the day.

sickcycle

Many believe one of two things, A. She is talking about her adopted mother, maybe having no knowlage at all of a real mother. B. She saw her through the force, much like she knew about Luke being her brother.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

I saw the movie on the midnight showing, I seen it opening day and I went back to see it again today. I love it.

Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith" earned an incredible $50 million from 3,661 theaters on its first day, breaking the record set in 2004 by Spider-Man 2:

The $50 million opening, which includes $16.9 million from midnight screenings, blows away the $40.4 million opening day record held previously by Spider-Man 2 from 4,152 theaters, and it also marks the biggest single day ever at the North American box office, beating Shrek 2's $44.8 million from 4,163 theaters.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Ok, now I don't feel bad AT ALL about it downloading as I type this...

:whistle:

I mean... while I order my tickets online....

:chemist:

Minus

I'm listening to the music... just awesome. The way they incorporate the Imperial March, Duel of the Fates, and the Revenge of the Sith theme together in the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan fight is awesome.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

The Good:

The story was just amazing. One thing I couldn't believe the most was the battle between Obi-wan and Anakin. That was, by far, the best battle in all of the movies. Battles in previous movies were bad...(i.e. Battle in between Darth Maul, Qui-Gon, and Obi-wan; Yoda and Dooku) and the trilogy battles were a tad bit flat. Yoda definitely showed much more of himself in this movie and definitely kicked some hard ass. The battle between Mace Windu and Sidious was tight, but abruptly short, but it was a pithy battle (yes, pithy is a word). The scene with the younglings saddened me, but the youngling kicking clonetrooper's ass for a good 5 seconds was by far the best part. Yoda and Sidious was probably next best to Anakin and Obi-wan. Padme had a pretty good role this time, surprise how she was pretty much the only star female character in the movie. When they were putting the costume on for Darth Vader...that was too freakin' awesome. Also, the fight between Anakin and Count Dooku was tight.

The beast that Obi-wan was riding is my idol. And my favorite part next to the kick-ass youngling was when they were showing Sidious and Vader watching the construction of the Death Star.

The Bad

The lovey-dovey stuff between Anakin and Padme. As much as it may be a part of the story, they put too much of it in. Such as the "Love has blinded you then?" part and such. Mace Windu's part sucked ass, except for the battle with him and Sidious. He was by far the tightest there then in Episodes I and II. I didn't like how the fight with Dooku and Anakin was so short, but it was pithy as well. I didn't like the whole chase between General Grevious and Obi-wan though. But when they fought, it was good. I also didn't like how Padme just...you know...died after birth. Why couldn't she live a little longer and then die? She was sort of my favorite character. I liked her. I didn't like how Chewbacca's part was short and they didn't really show more of the wookies. It would have been interesting if they showed Han Solo as a kid running from like, destruction of clone troopers or something like that.

Overall, this movie is a definite 9.5/10. I'm seeing it again today and hopefully I'll see something I didn't see last night.

And thank God Lucas didn't go shit-free on SFX.

-----

I thought this would be funny, since I went with a friend who had never seen Star Wars before. I didn't want to go all nerdy on him, so I tried explaining Star Wars to him like this.

Alright, so these homies, called Jedi, protected the peace dude. Then came along this homie, called Skywalka, who they thought was a pimp. The thing was that these homies wanted to kill the gangstas. The otha thing was, Skywalka became Angst Man and kicked homie ass. He became a gangsta and joined the mafia (Empire), that's where we call him Vada, k? So, before he joined the Mafia, he had two Skywalkas who eventually became homies against the Mafia. The boy Skywalka finds that Vada is his pappy, and that the otha Skywalka is his sis bitch. So, he busts a cap in the Mafia's ass and then the homies rule.

Sorry if it scared you. Lol.