Best MP3 player?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Awesome*Kryptonite, May 29, 2005.

Awesome*Kryptonite

Awesome*Kryptonite Well-Known Member

I was wondering which is the best mp3 player to you? I'm thinking of buying an ipod do you have any advice when buying/using an ipod?

hybrid_soldier

hybrid_soldier Well-Known Member

Well i have the Samsung YH-920, its not the best but for the money that it costs now i think its a pretty good deal. Its round £140 and its 20gig it also has fm radio and you can record (audio) as long as you want.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Personally, all MP3 players are decent. I don't think there is a best because one player has this and the other has that.

I plan on buying an iPod though.

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

iPods are your friend. Well, they're not friends of Canadians.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

My iRiver works like a dream. 5GB, color screen, voice recording, fm radio, photo and text capabilities. I love it.

Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

I have the Rio Carbon. It's 5GB and it has a 20+ hour battery life. I rarely charge it. It also has a user customizable EQ and Voice Recorder. I love it.

The BEST all around Mp3 player is the iPod. It's affordable and it has many great features that are not found in other Mp3 Players, such as On-The-Go playlist. The only thing that I don't like about it though, is the popularity. It's whored by celebrities.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

To my knowledge, iPods have the longest included warranty (1 year). I believe most others are like 90 days, which is a big reason why I went to Apple.

I agree with the others: they are all about the same. I simply chose iPod to be on the safe side since it's the only company I would trust. And I haven't had one problem with mine since I bought it ^_^

WalmartvsKmart

WalmartvsKmart Extremely H! Vltg3

I have an IPod mini and it works perfectly

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'd say iPod, but here's some advice:

The iPod Shuffle and iPod mini are a WASTE OF MONEY, in my opinion. For $100 more, you can get ten times more storage space which you'll use sooner or later. You think 5 gb is a lot, but in fact, it's not. And the Shuffle is worse. 1gb of music that is randomly shuffled. Must suck when you're on that one song you just HAVE to hear over and over again (face it, it's happened to you before), and you have to press back every time because there's no repeat. function.

MariosLP

MariosLP Super Member

I have an iPod so i will say...iPod :)

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

best MP3 player?

Winamp. :shifty:

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

iTunes. :p

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Winamp: it really whips iTunes ass :lol:

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Well Im gonna go anti-iPod for a moment. I've learned from personal experience that the iPods are not all they are cracked up to be. My iPod had constant battery problems and sometimes the screen would not show up when I would turn it on. Sure, I heard music but I couldnt change the song or anything. I ended up selling it and buying a Creative Zen Micro and it works like a charm, I've had no problems with it yet at all...and I really enjoy the removable battery because you are basically fucked if your iPod battery dies but if the Zen's battery dies, they give you a backup battery when you purchase it and you can buy more to replace it.

According to a friend of mine, his iPod stopped working with iTunes and he was unable to load or unload songs from his iPod after awhile so he ended up returning it. I just would not reccommend an iPod. Go with Creative. Some of the Creative players can house 40 GB for the price of a 20 GB iPod. Sure, they're bigger, but hey...40GB for like 300$ isnt bad at all.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Well, the battery doesn't die so quickly in an iPod. I mean, you have to recharge it every now and then which is not convienent, but it's long lasting if you know how to take care of it. One of my dad's college students helped make the iPod.

Chris.

There have been many reports of iPod's batteries dying after about a year.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

There have been many reports of iPod's batteries dying after about a year. [/b][/quote]
    The iPod batteries are just as good as any other lithium ion battery. LiOn batteries have limited charge cycles, whether the battery is in the iPod, the Zen, your cell phone or anything else. Its the same reason your car battery goes dead after a few years...its not that the battery is drained (Well it would be if you left the ignition in ACC for a long time, but thats another topic), as long as your engine is running, the battery gets charged, but after so many charge cycles, it can't hold a charge anymore and dies. So don't claim that the iPod batteries suck unless you want to say the Zen's battery sucks just as much.

Besides, chances are, when the battery does crap out, it will be years later and you'll want to upgrade MP3 players anyways.

Chris.

The iPod batteries are just as good as any other lithium ion battery. LiOn batteries have limited charge cycles, whether the battery is in the iPod, the Zen, your cell car car batterygoes dead after a few years...its not that the battery is drained (Well it would be if you left the ignition in ACC for a long time, but thats another topic), as long as your engine is running, the battery gets charged, but after so many charge cycles, it can't hold a charge anymore and dies. So don't claim that the iPod batteries suck unless you want to say the Zen's battery sucks just as much.

Besides, chances are, when the battery does crap out, it will be years later and you'll want to upgrade MP3 players anyways. [/b][/quote]
    Difference: You can easily replace the Zen battery. Which was my original point.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

:eek: Lies!

I'm thinking of getting an iPod, from what I've heard, it's not that bad.

Awesome*Kryptonite

Awesome*Kryptonite Well-Known Member

:D Thank you all! I'm going get an iPod mini 6g :) i used to hate ipod but im over that lol. I think my main reason is the fact that i'll have soo much space on the ipod mini 6g that i feel that will never run out. If i got a cheep mp3 player with say 1g storage space i'd think i'd used up that space in as soon as i loaded all my songs on it by the way i have like 500 songs. I hate Creative Zen Touch 20GB Mp3 player becuase they have copied Ipod thats not cool lol.