Mudvayne

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by arT saveS, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

This is my favorite band, they have been ever since I heard Not Falling on Fuse. I then sought out to buy "LD50" and "The End of All Things to Come". Then I found out they had a earlier EP, "The Beginning of All Things to Come", downloaded it, it wasn't bad, not great though...

They just released "Lost and Found" not too long ago, earlier this month. I love it. My favorite songs are "Rain.Sun.Gone", "IMN", "Determined", "Happy", and "TV Radio". But all of the songs are very good.

There bassist, Ryan Martinie, is great. He's my favorite bassist, but in this album the bass isn't as pronounced as the previous two. Still very good basslines though, lots of slapping/popping and tapping. (Some people may not care about that at all, but I'm a bassist so I said it.)

Anyways, what do you think of them?

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

They seem pretty good. Happy? was an amazing song and i haven't really checked out any other album besides Lost & Found, although, it seems they aren't melodic enough for my liking as there are only a couple of songs on Lost & Found i liked, the rest was just screaming.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I think "The End Of All Things To Come" was their peak in every way. It was an improvement over "L.D 50", and the lyrics in TEOATTC were just superb, in my opinions.

Really creative band when they want to be. "Lost & Found" is a real departure from the Mudvayne I first discovered on MTV2 one night after church. There's no songs like Dig or Not Falling on this record. It's good, but it's just not the Mudvayne I know and love.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Uncle raj: Check out The End of All Things to Come. (The album, not the song. The End of All Things to Come song is pretty odd.) It has more melody. Especially World So Cold. Extremely good song, one of their best.

Casey: Determined is supposed to be the Dig/Not Falling rival. I do know what you mean, Lost and Found isn't the same, but that makes me happy in a way. Personally I thought LD50 was the best sonically, it was just so raw, and lots of talent. TEOATTC was held back a little bit, I think it could have been a lot better, but I loved it anyways. The lyrics on TEOATTC was definately the best Chad has written.

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Happy is the only song from Mudvayne that I've liked. But then again I havent heard many, so I'm open to suggestions.

WalmartvsKmart

WalmartvsKmart Extremely H! Vltg3

I like Mudvayne alot. Mudvayne are one of ym favorite bands they have good lyrics and good guitar

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

Mudvayne is a pretty good band. Some songs are pointless, but overall the band is talented in what they do. "Fucking Determined" is my 2nd favorite song off of Lost and Found. "Happy?" would be first. :D

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I used to have TEOATTC, but I lost the disc at school. Classic stuff. The instrument playing members are great, especially the guitarist who I count among the most creative around.

LD50

LD50 Well-Known Member

Yay. We need another Mudvayne topic, mine got lost under some dust a long while ago. >_>

Currently my favorite band "No way! The name and the sig don't give it away at all" you say. "You're quite the clever cat" I reply.

Anyway. I only have the 4 CDs, because I'm too lazy to find out if there are any more obscure ones, and I don't buy singles >.<; but goddamn what a great band.

LD50 just blew my mind when I heard it. End of All Things (which I actually picked up first, thinking Dig and Death blooms were on it), started me off. And Lost and Found is just a work of bloody art. Then there's the re-release of Kill I Oughtta -- The Beginning of All Things to Come -- but I digress. Great great band.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Kill I Oughta
    The Beginning of All Things to Come
    L.D. 50
    The End of All Things to Come
    Lost And Found

If you have the above albums, you have them all. I don't know about singles, I don't buy them either, but there are no other albums.

I didn't like Kill I Oughta/TBOATTC that much, they were both basically the same I think, pretty much same songs and everything. I hated Poop Loser, but hell I love all of their other songs, as I said, my favorite band.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Heh, it makes you happy.

Bad pun, I know.

I do like Mudvayne very much. Death Blooms is my favorite song

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Well i checked out The End Of All Things To Come & it sounds brilliant, better than Lost & Found on first listen. Although, Happy? & Fall Into Sleep are both amazing.

LD50

LD50 Well-Known Member

As far as I know, the only difference is that TBOATTC has 2 Dig remixes and "A version of the interludes in their entirety from our album L.D.50" other than that, they say "this recording is an unaltered version of a demo that we had originally put together for solicitatrion purposes... "etc.

Well, good to know I pretty much have it all then (not like LP - I have bloody 13 disks of official stuff XD).

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Man I love Mudvayne.Chad Gray has probably the best vocal range

Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

I listen to Mudvayne...pretty good bassist. :)

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

I love Mudvayne, I remember when I first bought L.D. 50, I hadn't really heard anything by the band and purchased the album on impulse alone but it blew me away, it was the first Mudvayne album I bought and by far my favourite, even though I love all their other material.
    Their bass player is amazing and Chad has an amazing vocal range, overall Mudvayne are by far one of my favourite bands.

Oh, and Death blooms has got to be the best Mudvayne song ever. :p

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

My thoughts= Adam's

@ Adam:Have you heard Death Blooms on the Ozzfest 2001 CD?You gotta check it out.It has everything-Great Bass work,Melodic singing and Brutal screaming by Chad

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

My thoughts= Adam's

@ Adam:Have you heard Death Blooms on the Ozzfest 2001 CD?You gotta check it out.It has everything-Great Bass work,Melodic singing and Brutal screaming by Chad [/b][/quote]
    I haven't heard it on the Ozzfest 2001 CD but I thought it would of been the same as the album version, but if it isn't I may have to go check that out. :)

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

I haven't heard it on the Ozzfest 2001 CD but I thought it would of been the same as the album version, but if it isn't I may have to go check that out. :) [/b][/quote]
    I'm sure, since it's live, it has fills and different parts that aren't in the album version...

Xero_

Xero_ Well-Known Member

Mudvayne's 1 of the few bands that i'd buy every single album. Unfortunately I can't couse their album are not released in Bulgaria,and i'm an unemployed student so I can't afford them :angry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.