Suicide

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Louis, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I hate cutting. I absolutely despise it. No offense to you or anything. I don't see how it is supposed to make you feel better. It ruined one of my relationships and everyday I think about it. People should know better than to cut themselves or burn themselves.

2. hybrid_fan

hybrid_fan Ambient

maybe you hate cutting but for me it is a way to express a pain that I have inside

3. Louis

To who? A fucking sink? I understand your reasoning, but it's stupid. I leave it at that.

4. cooljelly

cooljelly Well-Known Member

I cut my girlfriends name into my arm ("STACEY"). I was depressed @ the time but I never considered killin myself. Just a cutter. I also have a very random "W" on my hand!?! Dunno why I did that. As I say, probably cuz i was down in the dumps then. LOL. Did it in an english lesson. Any1 else done enything similar?

5. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I hate cutting. I absolutely despise it. No offense to you or anything. I don't see how it is supposed to make you feel better. It ruined one of my relationships and everyday I think about it. People should know better than to cut themselves or burn themselves. [/b][/quote]
    Cutting is a basically a way some people find is the only way they can bare with emotional pain.

Some people just cannot handle the feeling of negative emotion, so therefor physical pain "hides" the emotional pain, because to them, it's not their say, "heart" that is hurting, it is the wound they have inflicted on themselves.

In some ways you can say cutting makes cutters feel better because it's basically fooling yourself, and I hate to sound so blunt about it. Cutters make themselves believe that it's the physical pain that is hurting them and that is their way of coping with the problem. Some may talk about their problems, others may do a hobby of theirs, cutters cut themselves.

Cutters, I believe do not usually believe in self-mutilation, though (yes, cutting yourself is considered mutilation). It's technically not a problem of theirs in the sense that some don't choose it. Sadly cutting is in some sense the easiest way to cope with emotional problems. Cutters, usually like others are just as afraid to find the help they need so they do in fact just stick with carving pieces of themselves out to cope because it's too much of an effort to find the help they need.

However, I just want those who cut to know that people can help, and you shouldn't be afraid of that help. I'm sure you don't want to cut yourself over everything that gets you down when you could be using that drive you have to cut yourself to something else, don't you think?

Anyways, so yeah, cutters, if you don't understand, find cutting to be their gateway away from emotional pain. Much like a drug addict or alcoholic. Their sense of "covering up" emotional pain is done differently, and sadly not all ways of coping are positive, and thus that's where help is needed; so that people can cope with emotionally distraught-ish situations with a positive outlook rather than a dwelling negative hurt-yourself result.

6. Louis

Cutting is a basically a way some people find is the only way they can bare with emotional pain.

Some people just cannot handle the feeling of negative emotion, so therefor physical pain "hides" the emotional pain, because to them, it's not their say, "heart" that is hurting, it is the wound they have inflicted on themselves.

In some ways you can say cutting makes cutters feel better because it's basically fooling yourself, and I hate to sound so blunt about it. Cutters make themselves believe that it's the physical pain that is hurting them and that is their way of coping with the problem. Some may talk about their problems, others may do a hobby of theirs, cutters cut themselves.

Cutters, I believe do not usually believe in self-mutilation, though (yes, cutting yourself is considered mutilation). It's technically not a problem of theirs in the sense that some don't choose it. Sadly cutting is in some sense the easiest way to cope with emotional problems. Cutters, usually like others are just as afraid to find the help they need so they do in fact just stick with carving pieces of themselves out to cope because it's too much of an effort to find the help they need.

However, I just want those who cut to know that people can help, and you shouldn't be afraid of that help. I'm sure you don't want to cut yourself over everything that gets you down when you could be using that drive you have to cut yourself to something else, don't you think?

Anyways, so yeah, cutters, if you don't understand, find cutting to be their gateway away from emotional pain. Much like a drug addict or alcoholic. Their sense of "covering up" emotional pain is done differently, and sadly not all ways of coping are positive, and thus that's where help is needed; so that people can cope with emotionally distraught-ish situations with a positive outlook rather than a dwelling negative hurt-yourself result. [/b][/quote]
    I understand your viewpoint, and your reasoning on the issue is the reasoning a person who cuts would have.

I have talked to a couple of people who have cut themselves. They say it gets the pain out, but I don't understand it. You're inflicting more pain on yourself. And you are inflicting pain on the people who care about you. I always felt shitty when my ex-girlfriend told me that she would cut herself. And she would promise me that she wouldn't, and a week later she would tell me that she broke her promise. It was one of the causes to lead to the abrupt end to our relationship.

I see no fair reasoning in cutting due to my experiences. Hearing about it makes me sad and I really want to have nothing to do with it. My first knowledge of it was from a friend, which isn't exactly something I would like to hear. Leaving marks on yourself...I find no common sense in it.

And what makes my knowledge of cutting worse is that there are some people who it because one thing happened. And I mean, something that isn't extremely serious or life-threatening or anything. I knew a girl once who cut herself because her boyfriend broke up with her and honestly, I wanted to yell at her. How in the world would you ever find proper reasoning in that? It's pretty much insanity.

Cutters, I understand your true emotional reasoning, but I find mutilating yourselves (as Keaton mentioned) just wrong and extremely saddening. There is no peace from cutting, only horrible memories.

7. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Who are you to judge anyone? I don't cut myself, but I find it insulting that you're saying it's insanity for people to do what they feel like with their own bodies. That girl might have seriously been in love with that person, and I know how she must have felt. She lost someone important in her life. Not to death, no, but that feeling of belonging and being loved is gone.

I don't know where you get off trying to understand something which you seemingly never will understand, since the last time I checked this thread you were having the same discussion with someone else, trying to wrap your heard around why people cut. It's simple, really. Physical pain takes their mind off the mental pain, which in some cases can be worse than physical pain, if only for a second.

I would ask you to stop trying to understand why people do it, since you probably never will unless you've actually attempted suicide or something remotely similair before, but I'll go ahead and assume you haven't.

8. Louis

I said that the one situation I mentioned was insanity. It's not insanity that people cut themselves. They have a right too, even though I don't find the best reasoning of it. I mentioned how I understood their reasoning.

And don't think I don't understand, because I do. I started this thread because I had knowledge of Suicide. Don't think I'm some niave boy with no idea. I have a pretty fucking good idea. I've seen people who cut themselves. I see it every fucking day of my life. You know what, it kills me. I hate it. They can do what they want, but still, I hate it. You can't criticize me for that. You can't.

And you think that I've never attempted suicide? Think again.

You think I don't understand cutting? Think a bit more.

I'm sick of people thinking that I'm not knowledgable of these things, when I am. That's why I started this thread, for people to explain. So people can understand. I've learned much from this thread. So don't think I misunderstand things so easily.

I'm sorry if I sound pretty hateful, but I can't believe what you are saying. I find what you're saying to be insulting to me.

9. $pvcxGhxztCasey

You've attempted suicide, but yet you're criticizing those around you that have thought of, or attempted it before?

Uhhh.

10. Louis

You don't think I regret trying?! You don't think I criticize myself for trying to do such a thing? Even more insulting.

11. $pvcxGhxztCasey

You know, I'm sure the people around you that have tried or thought of it don't really need someone who has tried it before telling them what they're doing is wrong. They're already in a worse off state, you're not helping them any.

Let me guess, that's even more insulting, yes?

12. Louis

I understand your point.

But still, it may be wrong...and I have mentioned this in previous posts.

People have their own morals when they are really emotional and they would think that Suicide is right at that time. After me attempting it, I don't think it's right.

13. goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

Back to a point made earlier...

Some people cut themselves because they're so pissed or sad that they can't express it adaquetly with words. Its kind of like punching the wall. When you get really mad, instead of talking it out calmly with someone, you punch the wall so hard your knuckle bleeds and breaks. Even if it hurts, you HAVE to do this because it conveys the extent of your anger more accurately than words.

14. Louis

Now that is a good point. I am extremely comfortable with how you said that. I'm glad you mentioned that. Best way you can explain it man. I give it to you.

15. Geki

Geki >.

I agree, some people cut themselves or punch things just because they'd cant express it verbally. I punch things myself, but usually a pillow or something until I calm down. Somewtimes I have even punched mysself. I feel bad for a lot of people that do that because they have issues and people aren't always understanding, I know. All people do is recommend a Counselor or Therapist, and it pisses me off a lot to have people do that. I can't talk to people, especially people like them that treat you like a caged monkey. And what's worse is sometimes they tell your parents what you say, and it S-U-C-K-S believe me, unless you get a confidential counselor. I don't trust people, a lot of them are backstabbers, but that's just my opinion. I can talk to myself to relieve stuff, but it sucks. I usually listen to music and it calms me down, especially Linkin Park. Or I tell people online things to express.

16. Louis

I usually throw things at the ground and start breathing really hard...

I also put on music to calm me down.

17. aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I saw a T.V programme about people who cut themselves. It said that around 50% people who cut themselves are sexually molested and abused. Though I don't know if you were ever (hybrid fan).
    Mainly they (the cutters) do it to feel pain which they are going through physically. I personally do not think that it is crazy or weird, for I myself was once sexually molested so I understand through whatever feelings one might go through.

18. Natsumi

Natsumi Member

I had thoughts about suicide. But it was long time ago, and now I know I'd never do that. Probably because I'm afraid of death.

19. Louis

Yeah...but I have three friends who cut themselves who were never molested.

20. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

^_^