Legalization: Marijuana

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by arT saveS, Jun 15, 2005.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I've been smoking weed for two years and my grades have gotten better. I went from a B & C student to a straight A student. Go figure.

Melonman64

Melonman64 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I believe some of the risks from marijuana are too much for the "desired effect"

1. Cancer is more likely - I already have a pretty high chance of skin cancer, so why make other cancers just as possible?
    2. Memory loss - Only short term but... If you can't get memories, then how do you have a long term memory?
    3. Unpredictable behavior - Do I want to suddenly find out my friend is dead, and then find the gun in my hand?

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

Isn't it also legal to drink at like 14 over there, too? I have a friend who's moving to Holland, and she's told me all kinds of stuff like that is legal.

[/offtopic]

Shinoda_baby

Shinoda_baby Banned

i think its stupid

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Thank you for adding something worthwhile to the discussion

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Well, do you want to know the craziest shit? I've smoked weed for 2 years. Every experience was fucking great. Never had a problem. I've seen a lot of people have some weird trips on weed. Maybe they would stare off the whole time, or rock back and forth. I always thought they we're crazy. Well, I had a bad trip. A bad. bad. trip. I don't know how many people on these board smoke, or if any of you have had a bad trip. But I had one. Last night...let me explain what happened.

Me and a few friends get high. It started out good, I felt fine. We was smoking out of a pipe with a carb, I was stoned as hell. The sense of relaxation swept across me and it was all good. We went to my other friends house, where I was spending the night, and the relaxation was suddenly gone. I felt extrememly uneasy. This was around oh maybe 5 or 6. We bought an 8th and started smoking until 4 in the morning. We went to bed and woke up around 1. We smoked the rest and all hell broke loose on me. I have never experienced what I experienced yesterday afternoon. The temporary memory lapse that usually happens, minor like about something you was talking about earlier and you forgot what it was evolved into a complete loss of memory. I don't know what happened. My heart sped up and and I tried to grasp reality and understand what was happening to me and calm myself down. But it was no use. I couldn't remember where I lived, what my house looked like, nothing. I don't know how much we smoked, but I do know I smoked more than ever before. I've never been that high and I just couldn't handle it. It happens. But you will never understand the terror of complete loss of memory. I told my friends, and they told me too just calm down, but it wasn't possible. I couldn't remember anything. They started saying stuff, asking me questions, describing stuff like what my house looked like, anything to get me to remember something, and I finally I came down enough to remember stuff. I walked home, a nice mile from my house which sobered me up a bit more and then took a shower, but I'm still high, and it's 1:32 in the morning, and I haven't smoked since 2 in the afternoon.

Anyways, let me get something across. I have never been that high, and I never want to be again.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

Thank you for adding something worthwhile to the discussion [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

well pot is a fellony here in NV. It's rediculous!!!! i mean, pot is NOT that big of a deal! here you can brutally beat your wife and get less time in jail then if you're caught while under the influence or w/ any on you. i hate Nevada sometimes......all of the time, actually <_<

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

People say not to legalize marijuana because it funds the terrorists (this isn't directly to who said that in an above post). Well what the fuck? Ban cigarettes too, they fund the companies who make the cigarettes. Are those companies any better than terrorists are? Think about it.

Also, let me clear something else up. Cigarettes have thousands of chemicals, that even just one of them by themselves could cause death. I did some more researching, oh and here's a short little list of some of the ingredients in cigarettes...

Butane (lighter fluid), methane (sewer gas), nicotine (insecticide, like Raid), hydrogen cyanide (gas chamber poison), arsenic (the most deadly poison to man), stearic acid (candie wax) ammonia (toilet cleaner), formaldehyde (used to preserve dead bodies), acetone (paint stopper), aceatic acid (vinegar), carbon monoxide, methanol (rocket fuel), hexamine (barbecue lighter fluid), and of course cadmium (also known as battery fluid.)

Wow, the legal version of meth. Looks pretty damn tasty to me.

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah I actually heard that smoking one joint a day makes you brighter.

... As long as someone isn't stoned the entire day, because I don't think that makes you very bright.

--
    Buying alcohol in stores in Holland is allowed when you are 16 years old, same as in cafés, clubs, etc. But if you're not 16 yet it's easy to get to alcohol, just ask your friend who can get to it. But that's everywhere, not only Holland.

Muri

Muri It never ends.

Yeah I actually heard that smoking one joint a day makes you brighter.

... As long as someone isn't stoned the entire day, because I don't think that makes you very bright.

--
    Buying alcohol in stores in Holland is allowed when you are 16 years old, same as in cafés, clubs, etc. But if you're not 16 yet it's easy to get to alcohol, just ask your friend who can get to it. But that's everywhere, not only Holland. [/b][/quote]
    Man. Really? Woah. :mellow:

---

Anyway,it's not everywhere. Like in here,you can't get alcohol if you're 16. You have to "wait until you're grown-up,as in 18". The same goes with cigarettes too.

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

Although i am aposed to the use of marijuana and would never use it myself. Most likely for this reason.
    But if governments have legalised cigarettes then weed is no worse. I think it would almost be better to stop cigarettes and replace them with weed. As fall into sleep stated. Cigarettes have a shitload of damn poisonous chemicals. So really to legalise one and not the other is pretty hypocritical, especially (in my eyes) when you are legalising the more harmful one.
    What i believe stops it from being legal is the more powerful immediate effects. I mean it makes you confused and less alert. which in turn will make you more prone to accidents etc.

So really when cigarettes were legalised the immediate effects were not that bad, people wern't so aware of long term effects which we now know are vey damaging. While with marijuana the effects that can result in the person being injured due to the lack of awareness and the short term merory loss is apparent.
    So now if governments want to ban cigarettes and make there stance on drugs alot firmer it is going to take a shitload of work and a shitload of money which no one is willing to have anything to do with. Therefore we have cigarettes legal, and all these other drugs (which in the long run are probly less harmfull) banned.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I am, most basically, completely for the voluntary choice of an individual, as long as it's not inhibiting anyone elses inherant rights. Though the logic of drugs such as marijuana is self mutilating, it's an individuals right to control what's put in their body, in their long, intrinsic, life long quest of making themselves happy. If that harms said individual, that's unfortunate, but everyone able to make the choice, adults, are also able, with the knowledge and education present, to forsee the reprocussions of their actions. The fact that a government is involved in a case like this is unnerving.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

It doesn't impair your judgement like alchohol does. Even at that, I don't see too many drunks blowing another human beings head off. Once you've smoked Marijuana for awhile, you get the hang of things and can practically act sober.

IMO, We should either legalize Marijuana or illegalize Alchohol. People are too misinformed about the drug.

cooljelly

cooljelly Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what I think anymore. I wouldn't touch the stuff cuz I already a bit loopy up there anway, don't need to go even more crazy. lol.

But I think everyone has the right to do what they want to themselves. But then again, the effects of takin dope cud mean u freak out and kill sum1 cuz of the paranoia. So even if u don't intend 2 harm any1 u cud end up doin sumthin stupid!

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

Holy fuck.

I'm for legalization. I used to smoke weed, then I broke the habit.

fallenangel

fallenangel Well-Known Member

i am for legalisation but i think that it should be controlled up to a point. like we have pubs for drinking in, we should have the same idea for marijuana.

Geki

Geki >.

I would never smoke Marijuana, but I think it should be legal since Cigarettes kill more people a year then Marijuana does. Especially with sick patients, they may need it and if they're going to die, what the hell does it matter anyways?

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

This is how it should be: It's legal to sell and posses and be under the influence; privately and publicly. If someone is high, and they are doing something wrong, like spray painting a car or harrassing an old man (unless he tried to run you over with a mower), arrest them, I don't fucking care. Don't take away the experience from everyone else because there is such a thing as morons.

And also, those who say "I would never smoke marijuana", could you explain why? I mean it's understandable if you just don't want to do it, that's fine. But I hate it when people say it because they are misinformed about pot and think they will smoke it and die. (Although during my bad trip a few days ago, I thought I was going insane and I'd never return to normality.)

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I am for legalizing marijuana and illegalizing cigarettes.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Because I think it's stupid to alter/hinder my senses. I'm a sentious being, and without them, I'm not myself, or at least...I'm not running on full efficiency. Anyone who wants to do whatever to themselves can, but because it alters my perception, I would never do it.