Do you get Migraines?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Suffice, Jun 7, 2005.

fallenangel

fallenangel Well-Known Member

time of the month...it's sucks being a girl... :wth:

Muri

Muri It never ends.

I get them every now and then. Headaches occur a lot frequently though. I get dizzy,feel like I wanna puke and my head always aches when I get a migraine.

Once I blacked out. It seriously didn't feel good. :unsure:

DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Ambient

I have a terrible headache.. I don't know if it can be called a migraine, but I usually have it when my bloodpressure is assumed to be low, and I suddenly make a move like stand up from a siting position, or lying down or something like that. They usually are preceded by a pressing headache on a few points in my skull that continuously but slowly gets more noticable.. And on the moment itself, my vision explodes into white stars and black blobs, and it takes between 2 seconds and 5 minutes to reassert itself, after wich I have a headache for anything between 2 hours and 2 whole days.

Little headaches are easy to cure with some meditation techniques, but I haven't found anything to cure the main headaches yet. I do use ibuprofen (I don't like it; I hate any chemical medicine), wich does lessen the pain a lot, but the blurry vision and disorientness every time I make a sudden move stays.

I've had this for quite a few years now, but it's steadily getting worse. I do suspect it's a combination of low blood pressure, a very high standard body temperature + a very fast.. how do you call it? intestinal track? (I've burned off anything I eat within an hour or so, that's how I never can reach optimum weight, I'm always too thin no matter how much I eat) Anyway, a combination of those things and the fact that I smoke for 11 years now, wich lessen the amount of oxygen your lungs can pick up and, consequently, the amount of oxygen being carried by your bloodstream.

Suffice

Suffice Well-Known Member

You sound a bit similiar to me. The thing you said about your vision going weird when you move quickly, that happens to me too but I don't get a headache afterwards. I also stuff my face every minute of the day and never put on weight and I smoke too but not for as long as you. I never really get a light headache, I always get a migraine with visual disturbance one but they dont occur very often so it's not too bad. What I did do the other day which was stupid was smoke before I had an exam and as SOON as I walked out the exam room I started getting auras.

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

I sometimes get migraines, not that often. And yes, they are a shithead. I usually get blindness, I vomit and my head hurts like fuck, and it usually clears up in a few hours.

Suffice

Mm, migraines are a bloody shithead *shakes fist*

tunnelvision

tunnelvision Active Member

god, i haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate them. im the same as some other people, supposedly with migraines theres meant to be a "pattern", but i dont have a pattern, theyre completely random, and nobody can find a cause. SO......ive been to see about 3 different doctors, a neurologist, an osteopath, and now im on special diet from a nutritionist, who was the only person who seemed to know their head from their feet and realise what the hell they were tallking about. all the doctors ever did was give me more pills!! more pills!! more pills!! more fucking pills!! and none of them ever worked!! which included ibuprofen. and they just kept getting stronger and stronger, both the pills and the migraines. yeah....so mine, i have noticed, could be related to stress(and also noticeable i have a lot of parent stuff too, hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm), but its just the tiniest things that can set off a little twinge which only grows bigger. like, oh no,i didnt apologise to that person for stepping on their foot, what if it hurt them?? what if they got really offended??theyre gunna think im a mean and uncaring bitch who has no respect for anyone!! then everythin stats to spiral out of control and totally unrealated things are brought into my chain of thought which can bring on one hell of headache.i tend to get really overly stressed about things and i think that might have something to with these goddamn sledgehammer-with-a-chainsaw-in-your-brain headaches. so yeah....to everyone out there....i feel your pain....literally. and all your side effects. does anyone else get like a fuzzy head, like one side all tingling?? and your arms and stuff?? i get that a lot. oh yeah, and i do get "floaters" all the time. i thought i was just weird. just from looking at my phone i get them.

Geki

Geki >.

I never do. However, I suffer from stomach aches a lot.

Suffice

Yeah mine are random aswell tunnel and i get floaters from looking at phone too

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

I think i have one right now. I have had the worst headache ever for the past 7 hours! Im so NOT kidding. 7 hrs of horrible pain. I can barely move. ive taken pain meds....im tempted to take some of my left over Vicodin......i can't take this much longer. it hurts jsut to sit. I FEEL HORRIBLE!!! 7 hrs is fucking rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Shinoda_baby

Shinoda_baby Banned

yeah i do. but i only get it when i eat too much of white chocolate.

beyond the veil

beyond the veil Member

I used to get them alot, but we discovered it was a side effect from some tablets I have to take. So my doctor put me on some other ones, and now I hardly get them.

Hope everyones feeling ok today!

Suffice

My exam are over so hopefuly i won't get any soon. Although I have had alot of other stress lately.

Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

i get migrains when i look at a screen for to long.