Brad... Talentless or just being held back.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by maxiscool, Jun 21, 2005.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

Well, he biffed it up and Chester had to stop it becuase Brad was making himself look kinda foolish. [/b][/quote]
    lol.....how does that define talentles...or does it?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

lol.....how does that define talentles...or does it? [/b][/quote]
    If you can play the guitar solo from Sweet Child O' Mine (which Brad didn't) then you definately have some ability.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

If you can play the guitar solo from Sweet Child O' Mine (which Brad didn't) then you definately have some ability. [/b][/quote]
    If you can do the intro to Sweet Child O' Mine then you're basicly a guitar pro because even Slash has said himself its hard to do and the intro was actualy just a joke at first but then became an intro to one of the greatest songs of all time.Brad cannot do the intro let alone any key parts of the song.

Although having said that much Chester kinda screwed it up aswell,he started with the second verse for some reason.

I think Brad has every capability to progress in his guitar skills and guitar solos wouldn't be impossible since Mike plays the guitar aswell but lets be realistic,would a guitar solo suit Linkin Park? I really don't know about that one.

But it is true,Brad defenatly needs to start progressing with his guitar skills. :brad:

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Dave is a better guitarist than Brad as far as I'm concerned, but as a bassist, atleast in the band, he doesn't show much talent. Once again, the hardest bass part is the verse in Forgotten, which seems to be there most talented song to date, it's not complex, just more moving around the neck, it's actually fun to play though.

I agree with solos not a sound you'd expect from Linkin Park, but if they wrote them I'm sure they would fit. Problem is I doubt they will be written, and if they are I don't know who Brad expects to hire. Stop using excuses that the kind of band Linkin Park is, the simple riffs sound right. What the fuck? That's because that's all you have heard from LP. They could be a much better band if all of them would step it up, but no. It's sad, though, that from what I've heard from Mike, Chester, Brad and even Dave playing guitar, none of them are very good.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

Dave is a better guitarist than Brad as far as I'm concerned, but as a bassist, atleast in the band, he doesn't show much talent. Once again, the hardest bass part is the verse in Forgotten, which seems to be there most talented song to date, it's not complex, just more moving around the neck, it's actually fun to play though.

I agree with solos not a sound you'd expect from Linkin Park, but if they wrote them I'm sure they would fit. Problem is I doubt they will be written, and if they are I don't know who Brad expects to hire. Stop using excuses that the kind of band Linkin Park is, the simple riffs sound right. What the fuck? That's because that's all you have heard from LP. They could be a much better band if all of them would step it up, but no. It's sad, though, that from what I've heard from Mike, Chester, Brad and even Dave playing guitar, none of them are very good. [/b][/quote]
    o...k so bsaiclly they all are being held back from playing better music...?

Dean

For all you know, he could be able to solo. It doesn't take a Jimmy Page, even Benji fucking Madden can.

And who knows, maybe they will step it up for the next album.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

For all you know, he could be able to solo. It doesn't take a Jimmy Page, even Benji fucking Madden can.

And who knows, maybe they will step it up for the next album. [/b][/quote]
    Benji Madden (as much as I hate to say this, I don't like good chocolatte) is a better guitarist than Brad, from what I've seen. You right, Brad might be able to solo. *cough*

Dean

Benji Madden (as much as I hate to say this, I don't like good chocolatte) is a better guitarist than Brad, from what I've seen. You right, Brad might be able to solo. *cough* [/b][/quote]
    Benji does show better guitar ability than Brad, it's true. But honestly, have you heard him solo? Sure you can discount him for not trying if you haven't, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can't.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

You know Brad doesn't have to shred and be a Jimmy Paige to be a talented guitarist, right? We're all on this message board and fans of their music so he must have done something right.

~ immortal soul ~

~ immortal soul ~ Well-Known Member

I don't think that Brad is talentless, by no account... But it is true that his guitar-playing is very simple... My friend started playing guitar about a year ago and now he is able to play all LP songs. So that shows that even beginners are able to play the LP songs soon after they began guitar playing... However, I think that Brad has the capacity to play more difficult songs because @ Rock am Ring 2004 he made some cool guitar interludes between the songs that were more difficult... And I hope that he will show all of his capacities at the new album because I'm really into never-ending guitar solos and would love seeing him with a solo... :)

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Benji does show better guitar ability than Brad, it's true. But honestly, have you heard him solo? Sure you can discount him for not trying if you haven't, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can't. [/b][/quote]
    If you mean have I heard Brad solo, then yes. I've heard him try. Sweet Child O`Mine. And he fucked it up. Now I give him a little bit of credit for trying, and also that the solo is very hard, and Slash is a good guitarist, but all of that credit is lost when you take in consider the fact that Brad made himself look like an idiot even attempting it.

inventionofitstime1004: I didn't say he had too be a shredder, or a soloer to be a talented guitarist...and yes I know he doesn't have to be a Jimmy Paige, he doesn't have the ability to be a Jimmy Paige, let alone a shredder.

As I've said, I'm sure Brad is a better guitarist than what he portrays of himself, but I'm also sure he's nothing spectacular.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i think you guy are talking this way too seriously. brad plays what he does because linkin park arent a 'guitar band.' like what has been said before, linkin parks roots arent souly in metal or rock (or whatever genre you put them in)

for example look at the xero (these are mainly hip hop or rock/rap tracks). again the guitar parts are really simple but they fit with the mood of the song, look at stick'n'move and fuse. as most of you know this is linkin park in their early days, and to be honest they have moved on that much musically. they have matured a lot however.

tracks found on the ep, hybrid theory and meteora follow this basic guitar pattern. theres nothing wrong with doing it - look at how many albums they have sold.... there is just better recording quality and the sound is much more clear.

they stick with the same patterns, becuase they know that they work. brad could probably play much more complex stuff - but he choses not to because linkin park arent about complex riffs. they are about cacthy beats that appeal to many people.

brad and dave arent held back as such, they are just doing what is needed of them. there is no need to drop a 2 min guitar or bass solo in a track - its just not linkin park.

well thats my opinion anyhow ^_^

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Some of the older, HTEP guitar parts, we're more complex than the chords Brad writes now.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

true but they still fit the pattern and arent really that complex

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

true but they still fit the pattern and arent really that complex [/b][/quote]
    They are complex compared to what he has written on other albums, especially Meteora, the guitar riffs were so generic, it disgusts me.

maxiscool

maxiscool Well-Known Member

Again im trying to say that linkin park doesnt need to put in giant solos and super complex guitar shredness they just need to step up from 3 powerchorded chorus with only 2 different riffs per song. Korn would be an example. I mean dont become a metal band but try something new. Brad is actually good at making melodic stuff too just listen to by myself live in texas and the intro to pushing me way with the harmonics. Oh and about the sweet child of mine the intro isnt hard at all and alot of beginners learn that. The solo on the other hand takes alot of skill and you need to be good with the wah peddle.

maxiscool

maxiscool Well-Known Member

Oh yeah and i just like to mention that if musically linkin park dont evolve or something that it may be hard for me to stay a fan.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Dont double post. Edit the first one.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

They did that in Faint, Crawling, and a few others. I read something in Total Guitar Magazine that he was being held back by Don Gilmore and that he can really play well.

Or maybe that was Mick from Slipknot... :mellow:

Anyway, I just want to hear something like octaves, something simple like that.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

They did that in Faint, Crawling, and a few others. I read something in Total Guitar Magazine that he was being held back by Don Gilmore and that he can really play well.

Or maybe that was Mick from Slipknot... :mellow:

Anyway, I just want to hear something like octaves, something simple like that. [/b][/quote]
    Mick Thompson is a badass guitar player, one of my favorites.