Official Tomb Raider: Legend Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Derek, May 10, 2005.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I didn't know Lara Croft even had a personality in the originals :p

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yes she did. They were called her "tits". :lol:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Yes she did. They were called her "tits". :lol: [/b][/quote]
    I like to call them "assets."

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

On a sidenote, the most Lara Croft-ish I've ever seen Angelina Jolie was not in any of the TR movies, but in Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Derek, I think that you would be the PERFECT candidate for Croft's voice. [/b][/quote]
    You want to die a slow painful death?

Anyways updates. Apparentely there's another reason for me to be shit on because I dont own an Xbox. Check this out:

JUKEBOX? AHHH. Someone lend me a used Xbox!

[Fool]

[Fool] Banned

:wth: damn you microsoft.......again you've done me out of a decent game for X-Box, although i dont thi8nk i care as long as i get to play it :p

Derek

Eh I probably wont need music to workout in the mansion. And if I do? I'm sure the PC version will have mp3s that can be overwritten (much like The Sims allowed you to play Linkin Park in buy mode if you replaced the files).

Derek

For now on, if posts are almost or more than a week apart (i.e. 6+ days) I'm just not gonna consider it a double post. Cause yeah, a double post by policy is a 'back to back' post by the same member.

This is a few days later..so anyways...REALLY POSITIVE article here guys, check it out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Derek

I figured I might as well update this thread before it becomes a dead topic and I have to waste my time making a "Pt. 2" when the real info comes.

A whole assortment of new screenshots and information has been released, and the game is looking better than ever. Apart from these drool worthy new screens, the official site (www.tombraider.com) is set to be updated anywhere between Friday and Sunday with some new goodies for you all. But until then:

PSW Scans:
    http://www.tombraiderforums.com/cgi-bin/ul...21;t=001790;p=1

Game Informer Scans:
    http://www.tombraiderforums.com/cgi-bin/ul...c;f=21;t=001771

Official PS2 Magazine (UK) Scans:
    http://www.tombraiderforums.com/cgi-bin/ul...c;f=21;t=001738

Drool away folks, drool away.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Played the first 2 games but then it got bad (3,...)

This really looks like the game is back from where it went wrong :eek:
    NEED TO HAVE THIS ONE B)

Derek

They're basically forgetting/pretending the sequels ever happened. Since Toby Gard (original creator of Lara Croft) is now on board, they're approaching the game like this:

"If the REAL Tomb Raider 2 was made 10 years after Tomb Raider 1..what would it be like?"

Dont get it confused though, as this is a completely new story that isn't connected to any of the previous Tomb Raiders. In Toby Gard's words "It's a completely new start for Lara Croft". He too agrees that the sequels (which he was not a part of) were not all that great or different from the previous iterations, so he's treating Legend as if it was the first sequel to Tomb Raider 1, almost ten years later.

http://www.tombraider.com has been opened to the public (click on the american flag) and you can now read a Q&A with Toby Gard, drool over new screens, check out new concept art and much more.

Also if you take the time to register for free and become a "Croft VIP" you'll be able to access a newly added "VIP Screenshots" section.

Worth a look imho, this game proves with every update why I'm so interested in it. 'Overrated series' or not, this game is setting itself to be better then most games in 2006.