Do you smoke?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Justin, Jun 22, 2005.

?

Do You Smoke?

1. Regular Smoker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Occasionally

100.0%
  3. Have Tried, But Quit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Have Not Tried, But Have Considered

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Have Not, And Never Will

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

I smoked a little piece of paper once... :wth:

A friend of mine recently bought a pipe, and I seriously don't want to be like him now that I've seen what's been up with him lately.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

yeah, ive lived in las vegas for about 12 years now, so im pretty used to second hand smoke.

i personally havent tried/used "smokables" (my friend says that and i just think its the coolest world ever).

and i dont really plan to. i just see no point in it.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Never tried cigarettes. Don't plan on it. I plan on smoking a big cigar to celebrate my 18th birthday though and I plan on smoking weed sometime in my life.

tunnelvision

tunnelvision Active Member

wow, do i feel out of place. like a black sheep in a sea of white. i first started smoking when i was....14 i think, but that was just occasional, like a pack of 20s would last 6 months. when i first did i thought "oh my god, never again". but then it became kind of like a stress relief. and plus it was like my little rebel against the world, cos i had to sneak out and hide in a bush to do it (hey. i was 14). then i moved in with my dad, and he started buying them for me.....i dont smoke so much now, but at least once a day. most of my dad's family smoke and im real close to them so i guess it's like a culture thing. also after a real stressful day, well everyone unwinds somehow, i just like to sit outside with a smoke and stare at the stars.
    i've done weed a few times and it wasnt anything special, but i dont think ill ever try anything harder than that, on account of too many people i know and love screwing themselves up.

mash_master

mash_master Banned

My dad has been smokin for 30 years and im only 13

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

*points at topic title*

Bexyboo

Bexyboo Well-Known Member

I never plan to smoke. I absolutely HATE smokers, and feel no sympathy for them whatsoever.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yeah, I smoked a cigarette today. Richmonds... they may smell like raisins but smoking them is like the edible (I use that term losely) equivalent of dogshit. Probably.

Ppr:Kut

Ppr:Kut Y2K

well, I love smoking cigarettes but I dont smoke occasionally. still I have to give it up. meh...

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I have never smoked and I don't plan on smoking ever. ^_^

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

That was pretty rude, and possibly offending to some people. You don't see me saying I hate you because you don't smoke although it's people like you who make me hate people in general. Ignorant.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

That was pretty rude, and possibly offending to some people. You don't see me saying I hate you because you don't smoke although it's people like you who make me hate people in general. Ignorant. [/b][/quote]
    Would you have any sympathy for someone who tries to commit suicide by shooting themselves, but the gunshot wound isn't fatal and they live, but are paralyzed or in great pain or whatever? I wouldn't, after all, the entire reason they're in that situation is because of their actions and only their actions.

Smoking is like committing suicide, only you don't ever succeed in doing it until you've been trying for years and years and cancer finally gets the best of you.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I smoke pot and cigarettes when it's avaliable.

I wouldn't smoke crack or meth, that shit is whack.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Would you have any sympathy for someone who tries to commit suicide by shooting themselves, but the gunshot wound isn't fatal and they live, but are paralyzed or in great pain or whatever? I wouldn't, after all, the entire reason they're in that situation is because of their actions and only their actions.

Smoking is like committing suicide, only you don't ever succeed in doing it until you've been trying for years and years and cancer finally gets the best of you. [/b][/quote]
    If you are beaten everyday by your father, have no friends whatsoever, have no life and you aren't successful at anything, not to mention your mom left you and you have a severe case of depression, and then finally bring an end to it all by commiting suicide, but to stay closer to your scenario they live but are paralyzed just to add to everything else. You wouldn't feel sorry for them? I like you, and no disrespect, but that's inhumane.

NofxPants

NofxPants Does your house have stairs?

I'm a drunk-smoker... mainly because when i'm drunk i'm really stressed and yeah.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

Just being around cigarette smoke gives me a horrible headache so no--never have, never will.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Nice stereotype, not everyone kills themselves for those reasons.

And would I feel sorry for them even if that was the case? Probably not. They pulled the trigger, they have no one to blame but themselves. I feel sorry for them that their parents beat them, but I don't feel sorry for them because they're paralyzed or whatever.

Same reason I don't feel sorry for people who are spending the rest of their lives in jail for killing an abusive spouse or parent. Yeah, it sucks you got abused, but thats what the cops are for, don't take the law into your own hands.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Nice stereotype, not everyone kills themselves for those reasons.

And would I feel sorry for them even if that was the case? Probably not. They pulled the trigger, they have no one to blame but themselves. I feel sorry for them that their parents beat them, but I don't feel sorry for them because they're paralyzed or whatever.

Same reason I don't feel sorry for people who are spending the rest of their lives in jail for killing an abusive spouse or parent. Yeah, it sucks you got abused, but thats what the cops are for, don't take the law into your own hands. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: Well since we both have our opinions that won't be changed, I supposed I will withdrawl from this particular argument. Even though I still disagree.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

Cigars and pipe tobacco are my favorite. I've chewed before and occasionally I smoke marijuana, but I don't like to do either.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

No way, I detest it, personally. I'm not one to want to destroy my body from the inside.