I Propose

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Alacrity, Jun 26, 2005.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

I'll come on and off. There's no way I could be on here that whole time. :mellow:

But.. I'll do either the MSN Chat or The LPA Chatroom.

Preferably the LPA Chatroom, though. But either way is fine with me, except don't you have to be invited to an MSN Chat, as opposed to just joining it?

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Yah i think alot of members here use msn, if they dont they can sign up its easy.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

That can be easily done. We'll just register the new E Mail with one of the key players who is definately going to do this chat all night, i.e, myself or Alacrity etc, and then we'll publically post the E Mail on the boards, or PM it to everyone so we get no outsiders joining. Then they can add the E Mail, then just simply ask the person to invite them to the covo... and they're in.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

That can be easily done. We'll just register the new E Mail with one of the key players who is definately going to do this chat all night, i.e, myself or Alacrity etc, and then we'll publically post the E Mail on the boards, or PM it to everyone so we get no outsiders joining. Then they can add the E Mail, then just simply ask the person to invite them to the covo... and they're in. [/b][/quote]
    Sounds like a plan. I can't do it any other time than this week, though...

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I agree that we should do it in the LPA Chatroom. I, myself, don't have MSN and wouldn't install it just for this purpose. I remember installing other applications similar to AIM and remember that it was a bitch to delete them.

I think what we should do is pick a certain time period. One half should be dedicated to the chatroom and the other half should be dedicated to the forums. I like the idea of using the test forum (or something similar) exclusively for the over-nighter and other events.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

hmm yah, next weekend probably wouldn't be good unless its saturday, cause its Canada day on friday and there are gonan be major parties here.

Joe

Sounds like a plan. I can't do it any other time than this week, though... [/b][/quote]
    I'm up for taking responsibilty for the E Mail etc, i'll definately be there, we just need to figure out a time for everyone.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

there many, many days during summer vacation to do this stuff. we could do the forum idea next time, this is kinda a fly by the seat of your pants mission here.

Kris

Kris Well-Known Member

I'm up to try anything but i can't stay on for long periods of time. I can't tie up the phone lines and my parents would make me go to bed.
    I don't know if we'll ever find a time that is good for everyone though. :unsure:

Joe

Yeah, it'll be imposible to make everybody happy and find a time everyone can do. We can just find out what the majority can do and base it around that, i can personally do it antime next week, and most days this week. I'll try and fit the chat around everything, so i should be fine.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

Can we make it a while from now, though? I need to catch up on sleep! I've only gotten 3 hours in the past 2 days. (Damn hotel beds)

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Well that's sweet, I'd like to meet you too. You seem like a nice person as well. ^_^

Fiona: I think it should be in the LPA chat as well, rather than on MSN.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

It should be on the LPA chat room. Or we could have a forum that's post-count locked, but I doubt that'll happen.

Lets not do it anytime soon, my sched is kind full till after july 5th.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Do it on a Friday night. :lol:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

In my mind, if you don't know someone on this site as well as you think you should, than that's your fault. Why create a subsection of the board for a one day event? I'm thinking it'll be used to postwhore and boost postcounts, unless postcounts will be turned off in that little subsection.

So, yeah, count me up as the first person to be against this idea. If you want to get to know people better, PM them, or give in and download a chatting program.

Yeah.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I think it's a great idea.

Nothing like an all-nighter to bring people together, personal experience.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Meh, I don't think its a wonderful idea. Staying up for 24 hours online to talk to people doesnt really excite me or anything. But I'm not going to stop it from happening.

Brentaliath

Brentaliath Revived 2012

I'll try to be in on it. I got Drivers Ed soon so I don't know.

Danielle

Danielle Well-Known Member

I think the msn idea saounds cool! Count me in!

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

Hmm. LPA Chat. And since I've just finished university, I'm getting a fulltime job. So yeah, Friday or Saturday works good.