Foo Fighters

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Louis, Jun 17, 2005.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Your thoughts on the band and their albums.

Ant

Ant Ambient

I don't mean to sound rude, but is it really necessary to make a dozen topics about different bands only asking " Your thoughts on the band and their albums."?

insanechica007

insanechica007 Well-Known Member

They're okay. I mean, I don't own any of their albums, but I've heard a few of their songs, and they're okay.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Dave Gohl just proves how talented he is.

And to create a band like this after being in Nirvana... Foo will always have to live in their shadow, but they're still making great music.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

They used to be awesome, The Colour and Shape, imo, was their best album. I think they've gone a bit down hill though. They'll still put out a good song now and then.

Soulful Chaz

Soulful Chaz Member

I always have and always will love Foo Fighters. I think they're an amazing band. I haven't heard/bought their new album yet, though.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Foo Fighters are good but their old stuff like The One,Monkey Wrench,Breakout,Big Me and Everlong is better than their new stuff like Best Of You etc.

TBH I don't actualy like Best Of You at all :mellow:

Louis

Fact: Dave Grohl doesn't know if he'll perform Best of You because when he was in the studio blood would get into his throat.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Foo Fighters are awesome. I love 'In Your Honor'. 'One By One' was probably their worst album, the only decent songs in my opinion were "All My Life" and "Low". But 'In Your Honor' is such an improvement. I'm in love with "Still", "End Over End", "Free Me", "The Last Song", "Friend of a Friend", "DOA", and "Best of You".

I don't think anything beats "Everlong" and "Hero", though.

linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

I'm a big fan of the foos i got there new album last week and so far i like what i'm hearing. Although it will take a couple of listens for me to decide fully.

Mark

I recently bought 'The Colour And The Shape', and it is incredible. Foo Fighters are steadily climbing my favorite bands list. They've got so many great songs and Dave Grohl is so awesome. 'TCATS' is so amazing. There isn't one song I dislike.

Ant

Ant Ambient

IMO, that's their best album followed by "In Your Honor."

Mark

IMO, that's their best album followed by "In Your Honor." [/b][/quote]
    That's a really tough call for me. I haven't heard each album enough to pick a favorite. But those are definately their two best albums.

'The Color And The Shape' is probably their best ensemble of songs, but I like some of the songs on 'In Your Honor' more than those on 'TCATS', so I'm at a stalemate.

Louis

I make topics for a reason. I just wanted to know what people thought about the Foo Fighters...and the other bands I've posted about. I still post my opinions on it. The Foo Fighters are great. It would be worse if I asked about Britney Spears or Shakira.

And as for Mark's comment, One by One wasn't as good as I thought it would be. All My Life and Times Like These were probably the best songs on the album. The Colour and the Shape totally blew my mind and In Your Honor shows they are living beyond expectations. "In Your Honor", "Best of You", "DOA", and a few other songs off of In Your Honor are excellent.

Evi

Evi Super Member LPA Super Member

I don't know much songs actually. Well, the ones I know are good.

I'm going to see them live on Sunday.

Ant

Ant Ambient

I make topics for a reason. I just wanted to know what people thought about the Foo Fighters...and the other bands I've posted about. I still post my opinions on it. The Foo Fighters are great. It would be worse if I asked about Britney Spears or Shakira. [/b][/quote]
    This may be true, but when I made that comment I looked at the topic list and there were 7 or so topics from you that all had a band's name as the topic title and then you asked the exact same thing (i.e. copied and pasted it) in the actual topic. All I was asking was if that was really required.