New WTC Tower Design Made Public

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Justin, Jun 29, 2005.

Justin

Justin See you there

If you go to the site, there are pictures and a slideshow.
    CNN.com

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You destroy our towers, we just build a taller one. Now there's NO way to crash a plane into it.

Wait a minute...

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

This may sound a little morbid, but I thought back a while ago to 9/11. I was just thinking, that if I were a terrorist and I was trying to cause as much damage and kill as many people as possible and was one of the guys who took over the planes, wouldn't I be able to achieve that if I flew the plane into the towers at a lower level and at an angle?

Yeah, I know you're thinking that I'm such a sick and inconsiderate bastard right about now, but look. I know what it's like to lose a family member, a friend, someone you care about, etc. This was just a thought, and I don't mean any harm by it.

Minus

Well in most cases the foundation of the building is usually the strongest point, hence why the building still stands.

I don't know if the problem with the old WTC was structure. From what I remember, the buildings survived the crashes just fine, it was just the constant fire that melted through the metal, and there was no way to predict that planes would crash into it.

Although I do agree that the best way would be to aim low. That way elevators and stairs leading to ground floor would be eliminated.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

"Freedom Tower"? Pfft. America overuses that word.

It looks cool.

You're right, Cameron. There's nothing morbid about it, you're just thinking logical.

TheZackStump

TheZackStump Member

FreeYourMind

FreeYourMind Well-Known Member

Let's hope it stays up.

Weezy

Weezy Well-Known Member

Freedom fries, freedom tower, the United States of Freedom... funny how these freedoms are being taken away, eh?

lol. :lol:

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Exactly what I was thinking.

It's funny....I read Mr. Bush's latest adress to the nation. It was pretty much the same tired things he's been saying since 9-11. I regret that I was too blind to see through the statements when they were first made.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Exactly what I was thinking.

It's funny....I read Mr. Bush's latest adress to the nation. It was pretty much the same tired things he's been saying since 9-11. I regret that I was too blind to see through the statements when they were first made. [/b][/quote]
    Actually, it's one of the first times Bush has admitted problems in Iraq.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Actually, it's one of the first times Bush has admitted problems in Iraq. [/b][/quote]
    Right, I'm aware of the differences, sorry for not making that clear. I was referring to the catch phrases he threw around to motivate the country's populace.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Lets hope Bush doesn't knock it down again.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

the freedom tower?

:whistle:

unless theyre freeing slaves in that building, i dont see what the point of calling it that is. these "patriotic" americans are so tacky.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

The "Freedom" Tower? What the hell is wrong with calling it the World Trade Center? :mellow:

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Those idiots...you're building a taller building than the World Trade Center, you're naming it the Freedom Tower, and it's taller than the WTC. Anybody see nothing wrong with that?

As MinusXero said, you're building a taller building, [sarcasm]must be impossible to it.[/sarcasm]

Second, everything is based on Freedom. I mean come on, WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE BASED ON FREEDOM?! You're naming foods after freedom. Secondly, what did 9/11 have to do with freedom? 3,000 people died, I don't see any freedom there.

And really, why the fuck are you going to build a building again? You're going to spend a shitload of money on a building called the Freedom Tower. I'd spend my money on drugs rather then pay the taxes to do that. Why the fuck don't you put a few aisles of walls that list the names of those who died there? That would seem much better than to build that kind of builiding.

The design is cool and all, but I'm really against this.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Freedom from the Patriot Act, I guess.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I swear down these designs were made public a while back. Or maybe that was before they had picked this design or something... :mellow:

Minus

I say we make these buildings underground. No way to crash planes into underground bunkers, eh?

They're calling it Freedom Tower because only people who work there will be free. :lol:

Ant

Ant Ambient

First of all, you people are making way too big of a deal over it being called the "Freedom Tower." Is it a horrible name? Yes, but it's not hard to understand why they want to call it that.

Minus

Because Freedom Fries never took off? :lol: