Same-sex marriages legal nation-wide in Canada

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Glenn, Jun 29, 2005.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

i agree, thats absolute bullshit

this kind of makes me want to go back to canada now. even though im not gay, its nice to know the majority has a high mental capacity.

Weezy

Weezy Well-Known Member

Hoorah for Canada! I'm glad to see that there are smart people left in the world..

Well, I'm sure they're more safe with two mothers or two fathers than alone.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Oh my God! Unartificial intelligence! *faints*

Link04

Link04 Ambient

"children are safer with families with mothers and fathers instead of two mothers or two fathers.

Because...you know....heterosexual parents always raise heterosexual kids..... ;)

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

Horay for Canada! yeah!!!

Now the U.S. and the rest of the world should follow thier lead :D

fallenangel

fallenangel Well-Known Member

i think this is a good thing. pity the rest of the world doen't think so.

i mean if two people love each other, then why not get married. that's what it's about, isn't it?

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

exactly what i was thinking.

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yay. I'm glad to hear that. I agree with fallenangel aswell. Love is love, so why does gender matter?
    I'm really happy it's already legal here in Holland aswell.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

In the United States this anti-same sex marriage thing is pure discrimination. Last time I checked the Founding Fathers wanted any American citizen to have the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". Denying anyone the right to have a marriage with a person of the same sex is truely unconstitutional. I believe we will look back at these events 30 years from now and think of it just like the segregation against African Americans before Martin Luther King Jr.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'm even more proud to be Canadian. :)

Very well said, Mr. Martin.

adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

I don't even see why this is an issue. If two males or two females get married, how does that effect someone living down the street or across the country? The world is so fucked up sometimes.

Glenn

Well, I'm sure they're more safe with two mothers or two fathers than alone. [/b][/quote]
    True...or better off than an uncaring, abusing mother and/or father.

Justin

Justin See you there

That's a good point; not only is marriage a spiritual thing, but you get benefits from the government too. I'm not sure what they are though. :p

I thought that up until this event, Alberta was the only province to not permit same-sex marriages.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

My question: Why wasn't this done earlier?

Like most people here, I really don't understand it: whats the big deal about same-sex marriages? Its great that Canada has given rights to them, and I hope that the rest of the world does the same....glad that our country is still taking giant steps forward in terms of social issues. The United States, in terms of policies (although the majority think like us :)) are years behind us and most developed nations and I hope this may give a bit more exposure to the situation.

Glenn

The biggie about it is that stupid religious fanatics believe that sex should only be to produce babies (hence the frowning upon of anal sex, birth control, condoms, sex before marriage, etc). Our government (mainly George Bush) is run by these conservative beliefs and will not give up his idiotic discriminative ways. The world is blessed with sane leaders who believe in love and will allow same-sex marriages (I praise those leaders of Canada, etc). On the other hand, the world is full of incompetent assholes that like to piss people off by cutting off every useful solution known in this universe.

This is the big problem about same-sex marriages. [/rant]

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

The biggie about it is that stupid religious fanatics believe that sex should only be to produce babies (hence the frowning upon of anal sex, birth control, condoms, sex before marriage, etc). Our government (mainly George Bush) is run by these conservative beliefs and will not give up his idiotic discriminative ways. The world is blessed with sane leaders who believe in love and will allow same-sex marriages (I praise those leaders of Canada, etc). On the other hand, the world is full of incompetent assholes that like to piss people off by cutting off every useful solution known in this universe.

This is the big problem about same-sex marriages. [/rant] [/b][/quote]
    IF you believe that same-sex marriages are wrong it doesnt make you an incompetent asshole.

Honestly, same-sex marriages disqust me. But thats just my opinion.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

IF you believe that same-sex marriages are wrong it doesnt make you an incompetent asshole.

Honestly, same-sex marriages disqust me. But thats just my opinion. [/b][/quote]
    Okay, elaborate. Why are they disgusting?

Glenn

IF you believe that same-sex marriages are wrong it doesnt make you an incompetent asshole. [/b][/quote]
    You're right...I was mostly referring to George Bush being an incompetent asshole. People who believe that same-sex marriages are wrong are just assholes and not incompetent assholes because their beliefs don't disqualify them from any sort of position.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Hell I'm moving to Canada.

...but not BECAUSE of same-sex marriages, but rather the tolerance of Canada.

Get your mind out of the gutter!