Wal-Mart Heir Dies in Crash

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Louis, Jun 28, 2005.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Full Article

Surprising.

Weezy

Weezy Well-Known Member

That's 1 down...

(I know I sound evil, but they're an evil company.)

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

his ultralight aircraft. i totally feel sorry for him now.

eh, people die everyday. it would be weird for him to get more sympathy and recognition than, say, a person starving to death in a third world country.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

hah RIGHT!

to bad...oh well who is next on the list?

tunnelvision

tunnelvision Active Member

AHAHAHAHA!!!!!AHAHAHAHA!!!
    that is HILARIOUS!!!im sure his family were very upset but.....the fact that it's only significant to some people because he was "heir to walmart" is just goddam excruciatingly funny.
    hahahaha.....oh my god. youre killing me.
    *straightens face and gets up off floor*
    but of course i deeply sympathise with the family. pfffft.......
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

You shouldn't be making jokes like that. How would you feel if someone close to you died and someone was laughing about it like that?

Might want to think about your actions. ;)

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah, you're cool. :rolleyes:

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Some people on LPA just siken me.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

R.I.P

i wish I knew him to be on his will.

Ant

Ant Ambient

You read my mind. I read 5 posts in and had no sense of humanity from those posters.

R.I.P.

Jila

You read my mind. I read 5 posts in and had no sense of humanity from those posters.

R.I.P. [/b][/quote]
    ill assume youre talking about me as well. you know what? i dont really need to give him any recognition because he died along with the other thousands of people that die everyday, its about 150,000 people a day i believe. so unless hes actually done something worth while than just be known as an heir to wal-mart, i dont really feel the need to acknowledge his death unless im acknowledging everyone else who died as well.

so you can say i have no sense of humanity, but im just being logical.

Ant

Ant Ambient

ill assume youre talking about me as well. you know what? i dont really need to give him any recognition because he died along with the other thousands of people that die everyday, its about 150,000 people a day i believe. so unless hes actually done something worth while than just be known as an heir to wal-mart, i dont really feel the need to acknowledge his death unless im acknowledging everyone else who died as well.

so you can say i have no sense of humanity, but im just being logical. [/b][/quote]
    So because he's rich it doesn't matter that he's one of the "150,000" that die everyday? Please. Why are you judging someone you don't know at all... perhaps I could see if this was a court case involving him killing someone, but tell me, what do you know about the man? Because he's a heir to Walmart you simply don't care, because he's rich and lived a good life?

Your post absolutely amazes me. You show no sense of respect for the deceased. Tell me, if you died would you want people looking in the obituaries and going, "eh, she's dead, who cares?" or saying, "she never did anything for me, but her picture is ugly so she must be a bad person." Because this are basically the things you're telling me... that he doesn't matter because you don't know him. You're automatically assuming the worst of him for no reason other than he's a heir to the Walmart throne. Perhaps instead of being extremely crude and disrespectful you just shouldn't have posted at all, to show that you don't need to acknowledge him... because right now all you're doing is trashing the man, instead of ignoring him like you stated you were going to do.

Oh, and for the record... the "ultralight" aircraft wasn't some sort of Howard Hughes experiment. It was this aircraft: http://www.cgsaviation.com/

(I'm assuming you're a she based on your username, sorry if I got that wrong.)

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

So because he's rich it doesn't matter that he's one of the "150,000" that die everyday? Please. Why are you judging someone you don't know at all... perhaps I could see if this was a court case involving him killing someone, but tell me, what do you know about the man? Because he's a heir to Walmart you simply don't care, because he's rich and lived a good life?

Your post absolutely amazes me. You show no sense of respect for the deceased. Tell me, if you died would you want people looking in the obituaries and going, "eh, she's dead, who cares?" or saying, "she never did anything for me, but her picture is ugly so she must be a bad person." Because this are basically the things you're telling me... that he doesn't matter because you don't know him. You're automatically assuming the worst of him for no reason other than he's a heir to the Walmart throne. Perhaps instead of being extremely crude and disrespectful you just shouldn't have posted at all, to show that you don't need to acknowledge him... because right now all you're doing is trashing the man, instead of ignoring him like you stated you were going to do.

Oh, and for the record... the "ultralight" aircraft wasn't some sort of Howard Hughes experiment. It was this aircraft: http://www.cgsaviation.com/

(I'm assuming you're a she based on your username, sorry if I got that wrong.) [/b][/quote]
    You need to read people's posts better Ant. Jila wasn't judging the man, she wasn't trashing the man, and she wasn't disrespectful. I agree with Jila, so many people die on one day, you don't and can't feel sympathy for all those people. Why should this Wal-Mart heir be treaten differently? because he is rich? I care just as much for him as for any other person that died on that same day. That doesn't mean I don't care, that doesn't mean it's disrespectful or cruel. It's how life goes. In my eyes, all people I never knew in person or ment something to me, and die, are equal to me.

edit:

I agree with Paul. Those few people who were laughing and whatnot need to learn that laughing at the dead is not right and very disrespectful.

Ant

Ant Ambient

No, you're right... she wasn't judging him. I was merely implying with the blatant disrespect for a life that she was doing something far worse.

I don't know about you, but over 90% of the time I feel sympathy for the deceased whenever I see news about them, be it on the local, regional or national level. Why is it that everytime someone rich dies people say things like, "oh, he's rich, I shouldn't feel empathy for him because people die all the time,"? A death is a death. Perhaps if Mr. Walton was murdered I would take Jila's posts in this topic lighter, but he wasn't.

And, you're exactly right: why should this Walmart heir be treated differently? Why should we all say, oh to heck with him, he's already got people mourning for him? Do you mean to tell me if someone in your town died from the same incident (dying in a minature plane that they bought) that you wouldn't fell bad for them, or say "rest in peace"? Maybe it's just how I was brought up or my manners, but I certainly would.

It is disrespectful. It is disrespectful to come in and say "people die every day" and then leave -- even if it's only in a thread, it's disrespectful. You wouldn't go to a funeral and say "people die every day" and just leave if it were for a person that you didn't know. Why? Because it's disrespectful! Have you ever heard the saying 'if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all'? I believe that is very apt in this situation. Instead of coming in here and saying "people die everyday," how about keeping your thoughts to yourself?

I just don't get why it is everyone has to act like they have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to deaths of the rich and famous.

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

I think you are taking it too heavy..

Alright, I'll try to explain again. Why was this topic posted? because it wants sympathy from people. But why? Does he deserve it more than someone else who died that day or any other day? It isn't disrespectful, it is what Jila said, logical. People are people and I would feel bad and have some sympathy if someone I knew or someone my family, friends, or people I see at the supermarket knew, died. When you're at a funeral you obviously care. But this is the internet, not everyone can feel sympathy for one out of thousands who die every day.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

<!--QuoteBegin--tunnelvision

AHAHAHAHA!!!!!AHAHAHAHA!!!
    that is HILARIOUS!!!im sure his family were very upset but.....the fact that it's only significant to some people because he was "heir to walmart" is just goddam excruciatingly funny.
    hahahaha.....oh my god. youre killing me.
    *straightens face and gets up off floor*
    but of course i deeply sympathise with the family. pfffft.......
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
    [/quote]

Here's a spoiler for the end of your life: You will all die virgins.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

You are officially the worst human being I've ever seen. I hope you have a good time burning in Hell. Your post completely disgusted me. How about (let's say) your father dies, and someone starts being a prick like you are. How would you feel? Im even debating right now whether or not to warn you for this.

Ant

Ant Ambient

For some reason I don't have the feeling that the topic was posted becasue it yearned for your sympathy, but rather because it was national news.

And I still stand by my statement that it's disrespectful... I don't think I need to repeat myself as to why.

Jila

"i dont really feel the need to acknowledge his death unless im acknowledging everyone else who died as well."

apparently you like missing that part.

i dont need you to tell me im being disrespectful because you obviously cannot comprehend what im saying and what i mean.

and thank you leones, at least you know what i was talking about.

Ant

Ant Ambient

No, I do comprehend what you're saying and what you mean completely. Perhaps you should read my posts all the way through. I didn't skip that part at all -- and I still contend it's extremely disrespectful to come in here and say something like that.

Perhaps if you were following your own advice (about not needing to acknowledge anything) then you wouldn't have replied to the thread in the first place.