EXCLUSIVE! Full Live-8 Concert Rip!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

*cries* :'(

I can't wait to get rid of 56k. <_< [/b][/quote]
    Same here. When I get back to Arizona, I'll be able to listen to them.

But no need really, I got my tapes. Muahaha.

Yet, I still haven't gotten to Linkin Park's performance. :unsure:

obiwanws2

obiwanws2 Well-Known Member

well they were definitely the best at philly, but i think they were just behind pink floyd overall. And the reason chester sucked is quite simple. One he was out of practice and two he started out with a bad song, you can not start out with something like crawling, you have to move up to it which is y they neve started out with that song. They probably were told what and what not they could play though, which is y we didn't hear a place for my head, one step closer, runaway, or with you. which i am gonna say i would have much rather heard

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I had to switch to alternate hosts as in the last like 14 hours, I've transferred over 30 gigs. That's over 1000 downloads! This is awesome!

Geki

Geki >.

I wouldn't even mind if all Linkin Park sang were Hybrid Theory and Meteora songs. But they play annoying Collision Course songs like it's a new album or something. Just because they made big bucks on Numb/Encore doesn't mean they have to play Collision Course at all live performances now. I thought LP used to be a Hip-Hop/Metal band, but recently it's been different like a easy listening/rap band. They don't even scream anymore. And even worse Chester, tries doing Jay-Z's rap!! I think Chester is becoming a poser. He's not even funny anymore, he acts likes he's ghetto. I hope LP comes out like a new album soon, it's getting old with the remix albums as excuses like Reanimation and Collision Course.

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

In all fairness....I think Chester has been feeling really left out latley....he was the last of the members to join.....and has no real hip-hop background. All of a sudden this whole collision course thing takes off....and LP has gotten more and more into the Rap scene....I think Chester is just trying his best to get involved in it....
    and to say hes not funny anymore is kind of dumb, especially since most of his interviews lately have focused more on music for relief and other serious matters.....Like Live 8

Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Man, What the hell is acting ghetto <_< ?

How can dude be a poser, when Hov raps what is chester supposed to walk around and stay quiet, he knows the goddamn words after playing the song over and over so why not help back jay's vocals up, obviosly from the recording jay's mic wasn't too loud.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

Man, What the hell is acting ghetto <_< ?

How can dude be a poser, when Hov raps what is chester supposed to walk around and stay quiet, he knows the goddamn words after playing the song over and over so why not help back jay's vocals up, obviosly from the recording jay's mic wasn't too loud. [/b][/quote]
    word.

cheers for the mp3 neil!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'll show you guys ghetto! :lol:

Check the front page, I edited this article again with some pictures taken by my brother.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Didn't he also go to E3 with a press pass?

Son of a bitch.

No offense to your mom, Derek... :lol:

How should I say it... lucky guy.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

your brother must have been moving around quite a bit during their performance.

Atsuzen

Atsuzen Super Member LPA Super Member

I can't get to the site. :wth:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

He went to get a drink and struggled to get back to the front row, so thats why (in reverse) from 5 to 1 he starts to get closer and closer.

And yes, my brother also saw the PS3 before anyone because of his 'press credentials'. :rolleyes: :p

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Same here... :wth:

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

The site must be down from all those downloads. :lol:

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

That's a shame, i never got round to downloading it with being away all weekend.

TheChase

TheChase Well-Known Member

its dumb to say that chester's a poser only because he tried rapping. obviously hes anything but a rapper and i have much respect for him rapping.

and no one could expect chester will sound awesome on the philly show. i mean hes out of his routine. you cannot compare this show with rock am ring for example. its bullshit. also his voice did develop a lot. compared to some old live stuff of the ban (2000/early 2001) his voice sounds way more pure and clean. therefore his shouts got better by sounding because there is a straight difference between his singing vocals and his screaming vocals now. i guess its fresh and maybe even better than before. i dont know. whatever..

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

And besides, Chester was only backing up Jay-Z anyways.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

'During Jay-Z and Linkin Park's electric rap-rock mash-up - by far the most exciting, and loudest, performance of the day - a white middle-aged mom and her teenage daughter impressively got their swerve on in the VIP section, rapping along to every word of "Big Pimpin'."

^^ i seems jz/lp were the ones that really got the crowd going in the end. I think they are just playing collision course songs whenever jay-z is around. They played with jay only twice and thats Live8 and that tsunami benefit concert. Now you dont expect linkin park to always be on the same bill as Jay-z. They just playing collision course shit because its the latest thing people have heard from both artists. ;)

I Don't Need No Accuser

I Don't Need No Accuser Well-Known Member

'During Jay-Z and Linkin Park's electric rap-rock mash-up - by far the most exciting, and loudest, performance of the day - a white middle-aged mom and her teenage daughter impressively got their swerve on in the VIP section, rapping along to every word of "Big Pimpin'."

^^ i seems jz/lp were the ones that really got the crowd going in the end. I think they are just playing collision course songs whenever jay-z is around. They played with jay only twice and thats Live8 and that tsunami benefit concert. Now you dont expect linkin park to always be on the same bill as Jay-z. They just playing collision course shit because its the latest thing people have heard from both artists. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Yea, while anything Linkin Park plays live bores me, even my mom's boyfriend said, ''Man these guys are amazing live.'' He hates ghetto rap and he thought Jay-Z and LP together was great. It's the freshest stuff they have out. Even Breaking The Habit live doesn't excite me anymore.

forgottenlp52

forgottenlp52 Well-Known Member

The way it seemed there they did the best. They did much better than Destinys Child, Keith Urban, Kaiser Chiefs, and everyone else. I like alot of the other performers but seeing them play just made the whole concert for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.