LP not on at Live 8?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ROFLcopter, Jun 30, 2005.

ROFLcopter

ROFLcopter Well-Known Member

I've just been browsing the Live 8 website (www.live8live.com) and I noticed that LP are not on the list for any of the concerts.

Please tell me what going on, ive seen ads (In Australia) that they are playing.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Linkin Park are playing in the Philly show on July 2nd. It's guaranteed and has been confirmed by both sides.

ROFLcopter

Cool.

bennylp

bennylp Guest

FUCK, I HOPE SO!!!!!! IT"S BEEN ADVERTISED IN AUSTRALIA, IT"S BEEN SHOWN FUKING EVERYWHERE, SHIT IF THEY AREN'T ON, I'M COMPLAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Save on the caps lock dude.

Tekkiji

Tekkiji Well-Known Member

iTunes has the list of each artist and where they are playing for Live8. I wanted to start a new thread for my question, but I thought i'd just slide it in here. Does anyone know if Live8 will be released on DVD? if so when?

Justin

Justin See you there

Somebody posted the news that EMI had secured a DVD deal in the 'Got News' Section.

Linkin Park are on the live8live.com site.

ROFLcopter

If all of the concerts are on at the same time, will the TV network just change coverage from concert to concert?

There will most likely be a Live8 DVD, for more funds I presume. They need all the money they can get.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

My ears/eyes!

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

if the dvd comes out in Singapore im gonna buy it....

Tekkiji

Tekkiji Well-Known Member

that was a good question. All I know is that they are airing the Live8 concert from noon to 8 at night. But I want to know if they've divided it up into certain blocks or if it's just gonna be one huge show.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I would believe that certain broadcasts, when broadcasting the Live 8 concerts, would actually transfer from performance to performance during the show. I don't think they would stay on an artist the whole time. That's what I've heard.

~Diamond Feorsteorra~

~Diamond Feorsteorra~ Well-Known Member

I watched Live8 last night (In Australia) and I didn't see any Linkin Park. The only bands I saw that I liked were Coldplay and U2, and Keith Urban is alright and he played in the same place as Linkin Park. Will the DVD show all the bands that were suppose to play there? My mother said that the last Live8 went for 3 days!

ROFLcopter

Did u watch it on channel 9? If u did, they only had the London concert. Fox 8 on cable TV had all of them. Linkin Park came on at about 6.30am sunday morning.

And you're mother is soo wrong. It went for about 10 hours.

~Diamond Feorsteorra~

I watched it on WIN, I don't know whether the main land has that though. It was the only one I can get cos' I don't have Austar or Fox or any of them. A friend of my sister has Austar though so she taped it. Did they do a good performance?

ROFLcopter

They did 8 songs. People in australia only got to see 3.

it sounded pretty crappy.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Different countries got to see only 3 songs. Like Holland, Singapore and other countries.

LP4ever

LP4ever Well-Known Member

in my place, Hong Kong, i couldn't see their performance on tv.. so many of you were really lucky...

~ immortal soul ~

~ immortal soul ~ Well-Known Member

I think ~Diamond Feorsteorra~ means that his mother said that the first Live Aid of 1985 went for about 3 days because that's right... The current Live Aid went for about 10 hours in London, this was the longest time... In Berlin it went for about 4 or 5 hours...

Linkin Park were definitely on Live Aid in Philadelphia and in Germany their gig was broadcoasted by several TV programs.

And yes, there will be a Live Aid DVD in November, distributed via EMI... It's written in here: http://www.pitriff.com/modules.php?op=modl...rticle&sid=1912

~Diamond Feorsteorra~

I think ~Diamond Feorsteorra~ means that his mother said that the first Live Aid of 1985 went for about 3 days because that's right... The current Live Aid went for about 10 hours in London, this was the longest time... In Berlin it went for about 4 or 5 hours...

Linkin Park were definitely on Live Aid in Philadelphia and in Germany their gig was broadcoasted by several TV programs.

And yes, there will be a Live Aid DVD in November, distributed via EMI... It's written in here: http://www.pitriff.com/modules.php?op=modl...rticle&sid=1912 [/b][/quote]
    Ah, thank you ~immortal soul~. Just to pick you up on one thing, although I didn't take it offensively, I am a girl.