Cutting

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Shinoda_baby, Jun 22, 2005.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

Punch something and break your fist. You won't be sad anymore, and you'll get the attention you wanted. I've done it, I admit to my selfishness.

~Diamond Feorsteorra~

~Diamond Feorsteorra~ Well-Known Member

Wow.......
    it's so scary how many people have been in this situation. I hope to never be like it again. Hugs all the people been depressed

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Trendy. If it were an impulse thing, I'd think it be a more legitimate cry for help, but if you heard about someone else doing it and started to then that's just foolishness.

LPfreaK1852

LPfreaK1852 Well-Known Member

i hate when ppl do sumthin to get attention and when it comes to cutting............................
    i use to cut myself so i noe how that shit feels, but i diditn do it cuz i was depressed or wanted to get attention, just did it a couple of times to get the blood out i like the taste. call me anything you want for that....yeah im stupid but then sum ppl started to notice and think that i am depressed sinse well i like wearing black and dont walk around like an idiot smiling the whole time......but that attention pissed me off and i stopped rite there

forgottenlp52

forgottenlp52 Well-Known Member

i have a friend who cuts herself. Shes really bad. She cuts everywhere, her legs and arms. Shes supposed to be going away because of this but she said shes just not gonna go. She said shes addicted. I dont understand why destroy yourself. You cant like scream into a pillow or punch something, but cut yourself?

xXLPGurlXx

xXLPGurlXx Member

See that is a very good question to ask, but for 'cutters' its not. It releases all the worries, anger, and tension going on for a lil, once its gone, your fine. But it keeps coming back. Then it gets addicting, uncontrolable. It is true that its addictive. I had a research project about this, plus I kno this first hand. But its just like the pain or tattooes and peircings, but they may be doing it for attention, for closure, or to release anything they need to get out. So yea... I wish I never knew anything about this subject at all, then I would have been okay.

forgottenlp52

forgottenlp52 Well-Known Member

Ye, i know its supposed to release pain. And she says its very addicting. She told me shes tried to stop but she cant.

So for everyone out there dont start.

xXLPGurlXx

xXLPGurlXx Member

It will take her awhile for her to stop.. The only think you can do is try to keep her away from sharp objects and tell her that whenever she is down she can call or talk to you whenever. Lucky for me I wasn't so addicted I could stop. Just dont get mad at her, make sure she knows that you care and stuff that like. this is the only wat it will have her stop.

~Diamond Feorsteorra~

~Diamond Feorsteorra~ Well-Known Member

After you've done it a couple of times for depression, your brain starts to tell you that if you do it you'll feel heaps better. That's how it becomes addictive. I was never addicted but I read about it on a teen support site.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

so people that walk round smiling are idiots?

i hate to say it.....but yes i agree with you. You WERE stupid.
    :lol:

tunnelvision

tunnelvision Active Member

thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. all i can say is THANKYOU for posting that, finally someone with some actual concrete answers which is what most of us have been searching for. you summarised everything i wanted to say but didnt. THANKYOU.

and extra special hugs to fallen angel and evan, the beauty of this is that its all anonymous and you guys made my contribution worth my while and dredging up things. ^_^ it helps to have people say stuff like that, thankyou.

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

:mellow: I thought it through, and I realized besides looking at it as something somebody does to get attention, or to numb the pain, or that it is supposed to soothe, or as a act a devotion, it can also be seen a fetish....just a thought. A strange one.

Don't mind me.

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

The idea or principle of one's own self-destruction, to some may be slightly, romantized in one's mind. An infactuation perhaps, or tragedy of one thing or another.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

whooosh. over my head.

JohnnyB

JohnnyB Well-Known Member

It's sad, but cutting is like a drug. It can kill you and it is very addictive. :( Ive been depressed before, but I have never cut because I know that if I do, Ill regret it later.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

im i the only one who find it hilarious that people post some chain letter that says "1% of the population self-mutilate blah blah blah, if youre part of that 1%, repost!!"

the funny thing is, not only is it quite obvious that they want attention, if it were really only 1%, the chain letter would go absolutely no where, and i wouldnt have seen it so many times.

i dont know why its turned into such a trend. whats there to worry about? relationships. there are people dying in third world countries. compared to them, all these kids cutting themselves have a much better life. i know i say that a lot, but its true.

lpassailant

lpassailant Well-Known Member

I'm feeling down... I need something to help me feel better... the first thing I think I ABSOLUTELY DON'T want to happen, is for me cut myself. :unsure:

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

It's really sad
    certenly the people who do it cause they think it's cool

but you can't hate people who need help
    they just need HELP :mellow:

Ackie

Ackie Well-Known Member

that's tru an they also need u =)

Ackie

Ackie Well-Known Member

an thats exactly the attitude ppl should have but unfortunatly they just don't think at tymez