Sorry for these previous posts

Discussion in 'Newbie Camp' started by Energy, Jul 12, 2005.

Energy

Energy Active Member

Hey,
    I really hope mods here don't mind me posting this. I'm sorry mods if you feel you wish to move it.

It was brought to my attention by LPA Admin that over the past couple of days a member signed up calling himself SimonGibbsEnerGy. He generally seems to of posted pointless and idiotic threads and argued with another, now banned member.

Now I am the real Simon Gibbs and the real Energy and I have had an account on the LPA for a long time and I visit the site regularly. Even though I am the admin of lpfuse, I do respect LPAssociation and think that they are a great site. I even visit here every other day! Being an LPU mod has caused people to dislike me and I think the person got bored and generally wanted to cause LPA some annoyance.

I haven't read all the threads that were posted, however I would like to apollogise to anyone who was insulted or offended by what this user said. I hope the person has the guts to contact me and apollogise for his actions.

Sorry for any incovinence.
    Energy
    (oh and enjoy your time on LPA!) :)

Link

Link lolwut

*Doesn't really buy it, couldn't care much less*

Energy

Energy Active Member

Man why on earth would I create a user named after my own to spam the boards? - whatever. LPA admin contacted me and informed me of the situation. I'm sure Derek will post confirming that I wasn't involved.

Link

Link lolwut

Well, cool. If someone posts and clears this, then it's all turkey. But I don't really care, so I'm not going to argue with you, and I'll give you the benefit of a doubt. Or however that expression goes. What I say doesn't matter anyways, so don't worry about it.

Energy

Energy Active Member

To be honest I can understand your doubt. Sorry if I seem grumpy. I know it probably didn't even affect you, but your reaction is the whole reason why I posted the apollogy. The fact that many members who don't know me will just assume we're the same person.

Whoever it was put me and my website in to a bad light, and I just want to clear it up.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

To be honest I can understand your doubt. Sorry if I seem grumpy. I know it probably didn't even affect you, but your reaction is the whole reason why I posted the apollogy. The fact that many members who don't know me will just assume we're the same person.

Whoever it was put me and my website in to a bad light, and I just want to clear it up. [/b][/quote]
    I believe you man. You do seem honest.

To admit this out loud shows that what you're saying is true, and that you don't mean any harm whatsoever. Whoever created that spammer name after your name is a real idiot and as you assume, probably meant it against you.

Anyway, I believe that the administrators here on the Linkin Park Association will read this and believe you. I doubt that you would be a spammer.

Even though this is not my deepest concern, I hope that everything works out for you. I would assume that you've already read the rules, so enjoy your time here and have fun posting.

Energy

Energy Active Member

I've read the rules look @ my join date :) lol.

However after getting on the LPU (mod), ST, and having my own site (then trying to manage a social and work life!) I don't get much chance to post msgs on the LPA forum. I chat with some members of admin every now and again. Been reading through some of the threads, it's nice to see a decent LP forum @ this moment in time.

Anyway thanks for the support.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I've read the rules look @ my join date :) lol.

However after getting on the LPU (mod), ST, and having my own site (then trying to manage a social and work life!) I don't get much chance to post msgs on the LPA forum. I chat with some members of admin every now and again. Been reading through some of the threads, it's nice to see a decent LP forum @ this moment in time.

Anyway thanks for the support. [/b][/quote]
    Yes, it's quite hard to post like many of us on the LPA due to working and things of the sort. But whenever you get the chance, you should post.

And about the support thing, no problem. ;)

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

thats pretty lame if someone coppies your identity (name/whatever).

i find it hard enough to post souly on LPA - nevermind all the sites and other things releated to LP you are involved in. therefore respect to you!

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Guys, Simon would never do that. I can vouch for him. He's a great guy and you guys shouldn't jump to conclusions over it. Sorry, Simon.

I thought it was alittle weird, but I didn't believe it was you making those topics. :)

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

energy is one cool guy i know that - i talk to him now and again on msn

Energy

Energy Active Member

It was strange cause derek contacted me about it this morning. I'm hoping derek will give me a bit of the info I asked for and I can handle it from there if I really have to. ;)

*boogies on down to gorillaz*

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Ok, so now who was the other guy? :lol:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

cindy_lp anybody?

Amyways, I've visited LPFuse a lot and it just irked me that there was someone so immature posting under the name, so I knew it was false.

That and I knew you had signed up already, so a big WTF was in my head.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

*High fives*

Simon is an awesome guy :D

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Nope. Derek and I traced it back to an old bannee who went under the name 'yoo'.

Minus

Nope. Derek and I traced it back to an old bannee who went under the name 'yoo'. [/b][/quote]
    Sorry. Twas being sarcastic. Forgot my little :lol: afterwards.

yoo... WTF kind of name is that? :lol:

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Yoo'd have to ask yoo about that. :lol:

*badumtshh*

Minus

If that was your attempt at stand-up comedy...

Sit down.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Hey guys, Energy is telling the truth..as I was the one who contacted him to make sure he had absolutely no part in this at all. Also if you look at his join date he joined here well over two years ago.

He is a mod at the LPU and some pissed off warned member must've tried to exact some revenge on him. He's handling it as we speak :).