The Artist or Song that got you into music

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Louis, Jul 15, 2005.

amanda_diane

amanda_diane Well-Known Member

No specific band got me into the rock genre, my friend Dana got me into rock music. She would listen to it all the time when I went to her house, I was about 11 or 12 and she was like 13. I never really liked it but I got used to it and now love it! My Mom and Dad always listen to country so of course I didn't get it from them.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

As a kid, my uncle would be stuck with driving me around to school and all that jazz (he lived with us at the time). So my first exposure to music was what he listened to, which was a mix of rock and rap. Jane's Addiction being the top, then stuff like Nirvana, Master P, Tupac, Smashing Pumpkins.

Afterwards I kinda spread out, listening to the radio and just going off of what I thought was cool.

I remember Usher first got me into R&B, which I am heavily into today.

And then I remember going to a friend's birthday party and seeing a bunch of my friends rave to a remix of Sarina Paris' Look At Us. This was the first song I downloaded off of Napster (the remix, that is). It also got me into club music like techno, trance, breakbeats, etc.

When I remember more... I'll post it.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Tupac Shakur got me into rap music. Incubus got me into Rock.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

When i first listened to music i was really into country and was a hard core Albama fan. Then wehn i heard the Smashing pumpkins double album thats what got me into rock. As for liking rap i tihnk i was finally able to build a tolerance to rap when i got into linkin park.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

I never really got into music until the fourth grade. I got hooked on Eminem and became a rap listener, which is funny because now I can't stand rap. I got into Linkin Park when Somewhere I Belong came out, and then went through the obsession I think we all had. I got my first guitar almost two years ago, and I got hooked and wanted to get an electric. I got my Squier Strat on my 11th birthday, and then started piano a while after. I've pretty much quit piano because I just really don't like it, but I'm pretty sure I'll be playing guitar for a long, long time.

lp_sk8ergurl

lp_sk8ergurl Well-Known Member

I think No Doubt got me into music.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

It was probably my father who got me into playing the keyboard/piano. He's very good.

As for listening to music, probably Good Charlotte :chemist: (Yes, I wanted to fit in with all the kids at school. :lol: ) and The Allman Brothers Band, because I kind of grew up on them.

Brentaliath

Brentaliath Revived 2012

My Brother, had all this heavy stuff, Red Hot Chillin Peppers, Slipknot , Marlin Manson ETC. He used to play that when we drove around. Then as I got older, I watched MTV(when it was good) They had all theses diffrent bands, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Eminem. Then one day I saw Linkin Park In The End. I never heard of them after that. Until my friend came over one day, He had Meteora and HT. He played them for me. I like d them so I got addicted to them. Then from them I got into other bands. Like The Used, from when they toured with LP. Then That brought punk into my life. From them I got My Chemical Romance. And one day I surfing the web and I found a band called Lostprophets, so I went to the site and it had the making of Last Train Home. I feel in love with song. My friend had that cd too, so I asked him to burn it for me. Then here I today from the help of: The Tv, computer, and friends my music taste had developed. ^_^

emyly

emyly freedom can be frightening if you've never felt it

LINKIN PARK :mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob:

a life in ashes

a life in ashes mercury summer

My friend brought the Crawling single. then i heard In The End and bought Hybrid Theory. from listening to Linkin Park i checked out and started listening to the bands they listed in the bacl of the HT booklet, and then joined the LPA, which drew me into the proper Metal scene, or more specifically Metalcore, which is what I listen to now.

I started singing in a band after seeing The Chili Peppers live, and decided that it'd be cool to be on stage in a band, so me and my friends formed one.

Bexyboo

Bexyboo Well-Known Member

I didn't even know music existed before I heard the Spice Girls, when I was about 6. :p And then they made me start listening to stuff like Britney Spears, Pink etc...
    Then I went through a faze of not liking any music at all.
    And then when I was about 11, rock music came back into fashion, and I tried Linkin Park - and they got me into rock music.

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

i started off by playing the violin,i liked playing it,but wasnt into listening to music,then i heard crawling,and i loved it,i bought hybrid theory.

after that i stopped playing the violin and started looking for a musical path to follow,i chose drums,my high school gave me lessons,they rocked.i broke my collar bone just before my second lesson.but i still had lessons after the month it took to recover.

i then lsot my drum lessons and have now got my own kit :)

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

Well I always liked some of my parents music when I was really young but the first song I liked on my own was in 1994 when I was 9, Coolio's "Gangsta's Paradise" lol, guess I loved the beat.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

about six or seven years ago i would only listen to prodigy and nothing more. suddenly all my friends at school started to listen to nana which really got me into rap music. but then my younger brother saw a video for the offspring's pretty fly and he went out and bought their cd. i listened to the entire disc and was amazed.
    later i got all their albums and of course never played pretty fly again. that's how i discovered the offspring and rock music generally. later in late 2000 i bumped into papa roach's last resort and of course linkin park's one step closer.
    the rest is history.

so the band that got me into music that i listen today is the offspring and the band that got me into writing is linkin park