Chester Working On Solo Album?

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I think Reznor should just give it up and become a producer. He's always bitching about bad music, why not work with the artist who make the bad music and help them?

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Just to clarify things, I've thought this the entire time, I didn't just figure it out now. :p

It's a 10-release deal.

Fantas_LP4ever!

Fantas_LP4ever! Active Member

If you are right it changes the thoughts of Derek.
    So they can release more than 2 albuns with the Warner bros.

linkinrockrapark

linkinrockrapark Member

i hope it sound close to grey daze

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Yah I figured that Chester would have a solo cd on the way shortly after Fort Minor did one. I am definitely looking forward to this cd and i think it will be good for Chester to express his side.

This damn warner tihng is pissing me off, they should just work out some kind of buyout.

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

Yeah, fair do's. Maybe I'm just naive, but I have a feeling that Linkin Park's next album will be mindblowing if they can get a better producer, like Rick Rubin. [/b][/quote]
    We'll see what happens.....Once LP FINALLY releases an album....it will be a fork in the road....I beleive it could either save LP...or destroy them..so we will see.

Im looking forward to this if it is true....
    Curious to hear what it sounds like since Chester has sung in so many styles in his career.

Ant

Ant Ambient

I hope it doesn't sound like Julien-K, personally, but it probably will... in other words, think Billy Corgan's solo project. Meh.

Li

Li Well-Known Member

"Sorry this update took so long! Ryan Shuck & I have been really busy recording and writing new material for Julien-K, we now have 10 songs finished for the upcoming album, and have a few more to songs left to complete. Over the past two months we have put the completion of the JK album on temporary hold because we are producing a solo album for Chester Bennington of Linkin Park. We are planning on finishing Chester's album and the JK album within the year, so if all goes as planned both albums should be released early next year… "

http://www.amir-derakh.com/

More confirmation.

LP4ever

LP4ever Well-Known Member

i think it may be good for both mike and chester work on their solo albums, maybe the projects can inspire them with some brand new ideas which they can use in next lp studio album.. not a bad thing..

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Awsome news!

I'd definetly be happy with these two records for the year (Fort Minor and what Chester is working on). I mean, atleast it's something of LP of some-sort. Plus, we get to hear two different styles of music, from two people within LP, which is cool. It's like, since LP mixed (basically) rock/rap together, their now doing it seperatly, or something.

If 'The Walking Dead' is an indication of anything, Chaz's solo project should be amazing.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I hope it's not like "Walking Dead" and it better not sound like Grey Daze. That would suck, in my opinion.

It just better be something different and the cd better not feel 'rushed'.

LP_lova210

LP_lova210 Member

it's great that he's makin a solo album but i'm afraid that if he duz that the band will break up

palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

i'm thinking it is going to sound like grey daze or something a bit heavier if this whole matter is true.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Amir-Derakh from Orgy confirmed this. From his official website:

I found this over at Forfeit The Game.

~ immortal soul ~

~ immortal soul ~ Well-Known Member

soldierElite already posted this...

I'm so excited to see this project because I just love Chester's voice and Ryan Shuck is one of my favorite guitarists. I also love Julien-K so I'm really looking forward to Chester's solo album... I'm sure it will kick ass and these news really made my day :D I don't know what to expect regarding the sound of this album but I hope it will be a bit different from what he's doing in LP... More industrial or more like Grey Daze, like you others already said (I already loved his "System" solo track which was industrial for me)... But I'd also love seeing him doing really heavy stuff, just something that you didn't expect of him. ;)

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i hope it doesnt sound like grey daze... iam not a fan of their music

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Reading the Blabbermouth comments is always something to look forward to :lol:

linkinrockrapark

linkinrockrapark Member

i hope its Grey Daze style

BongKong

BongKong Well-Known Member

I think if Chester makes a solo CD he should envolve various rock artists. Maybe just maybe have his band play the backup to his vocals cause they are all good at what they do. LP just needs to make another CD and forget these solo side projects.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Agreed that they have to focus on their album instead of putting it off for all these side projects but if Chester released a solo album, then Linkin Park would not back him up because that is the point of a solo album: To show off your own talent and possibly involve other musicians.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.