Schooling?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by hybridchild, Aug 9, 2005.

hybridchild

hybridchild Well-Known Member

Ok I want to get involved with the music industry. I'm talking about producing and editing music. I don't have a clue on how to use any of the equipment. I know its my passion and I want to mix music. With the correct schooling I can make this one hell of a dream. So i'm moving from where i've been living (for like my whole life) 2397.81 miles away all the way to california. I was wondering if anyone knew some of the best tech schools or the best specialization schools for this type of career that are located in Cali?

BTW ill be between San fran and San Jose

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

hybridchild

Thank tyou so much! I appreciate it. B)

Glenn

no problem. You should be able to find tutorials online and books to help. I dunno if schooling would be necessary but it's there if you want it.

hybridchild

You are the man! B) :mike:

Glenn

np. I wanted to help especially because I am interested in the same type of things and want to learn more about recording/mixing/etc.

hybridchild

Are you gonna try and go to school? Im so oblivious when it comes to the equipment!!! The most promisin school outta all of them was this one: http://www.larecordingschool.com/?fa=&mnc=74
    I filled out a thing online and they called me the next day with answeres to any of my questions. What exactly do u wanna do? Like a producer or editor?

Glenn

I know at least that I definately want to major in engineering because some of the classes sound so cool. I think it would be fun to work in a studio but I'm sort of confused about who does what. What kind of equipment do you want to know about? Maybe you can PM or IM me...