50 Cent

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Aug 7, 2005.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, I realize most hate 50 Cent because, let's fact it, his singles are usually the same shit. But... 50 Cent was a fucking rap GOD before he got shot in the face. It's true.

"Power Of The Dollar" is just... wow. I'm sure it would have been a rap classic if it was released, but he got shot in the face, and then Columbia Records dropped him because they thought the shooting was bad publicity.

In hindsight, it's kinda funny, if you think about it. Fiddy's major selling point is (or was) surviving getting shot in the face. Columbia thought different, you can't fault them on that. But they did get fucked in the ass when Interscope picked up Fiddy. Hahaha.

Seriously, get a torrent of "Power Of The Dollar" or something. It's a great album if you're into rap. I just got "Get Rich Or Die Tryin" so I'll get back to you all on that, and I trust Paul when he says "The Massacre" was a piece of shit. So.

Yeah.

sytheticdivision

sytheticdivision New Member

he wasnt talented in the first place.

he cant be a 2pac or an eminem.

he got famous because of street cred,but never the rap...because he cant spit decent shit.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

50 Cent is alright, I mean, the guy has potential as a rapper but his music is always based on sexual innuendo or something like that. When I heard Just a Little Bit I was like, "Candyshop remix?"

The guy has potential, but he needs to widen the variety.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

^You guys are both talking about the Massacre's Version of 50. Like Casey said, go download Power Of A Dollar and than come and judge him. He's really smart and can come up with good shit. He said that he spend all of his energy on his buddies debuts and gave them all of the hits, including Game, to help them sell since he knows he can sell whether the album is good or not. Plus, The Massacre grew on me. Its pretty good if you don't compare it when GRODT.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The only thing that's really stopped me from getting into 50 Cent is that I don't find his voice very listenable. But that's just me.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I listened to Power Of The Dollar and Get Rich Or Die Tryin' back to back yesterday, and there is a very noticable change in his voice after he was shot, obviously.

His voice on POTD is much, much, much clearer and smoother. I suggest everyone find a torrent of the album, it's worth it.

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

I think 50 Cent has some great rapping ability. I heard the song that Casey was talking about, and it demonstrates some really good skill. But now that he's become "big", his songs are getting overplayed, overrated, and most of all, overprocessed. The beats are superficial, and the lyrics are perverted. Personally, I think one of the biggest reasons why he's become so big now is because of all the publicity he got off of "In Da Club" back in 2002 with help of his buddy Eminem. Eminem did a lot of press for him, and being Eminem and all, 50 Cent as his protege really looks good.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Everything Casey said in his post in right. "Power Of The Dollar" is an amazing album. Its production, flow, and lyrics were spectaculer and his voice was much more cleaner than what you hear on his mainstream releases. My top three on POTD are How To Rob, Your Life's On The Line, and Da Heatwave. Awesome album.

Get Rich or Die Tryin' was also an awesome album. It had that sound in POTD plus that mainstream sound that everyone was familiar with at that time.

The Massacre was...crap. Aside from Ski Mask Way, A Baltimore Love Thing, and the G-Unit remix to Hate It Or Love It, this CD sucked the big D. I feel like 50 wanted to sell more than what he did on GRODT so he just made almost every song on that album mainstream. He took a great beat in "Just A Lil' Bit" and turned it into trash. Whatever. The album cover was horrible too.

You know what makes 50 Cent a great businessman? The fact that anything he promotes turns into platinum. He made Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, and The Game go plantinum with their albums because of how he promoted them. I'm sure Olivia and Tony Yayo will hit platinum status too.

linkinrockrapark

linkinrockrapark Member

he sucks

Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

For me everything after Get rich or die tryin' just was garbage, the guys has the ability to be lyrical but he dosen't use it, he'd rather make some Pop record where he's singin like Gladys Knight on the hook. Sure it sells but c'mon man :angry:

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

Thank you for your time and open minded opinion on the matter. :rolleyes: -_-

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

NONE can be a 2pac or Em unless you're actually them.

Comparisons like that aren't very wise. It's like saying all of rock sucks because they aren't the Beatles.

50 rocked before GRODT.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

I still 50. Aside from the female-catered songs (Build You Up, So Amazing), The Massacre was still a good 50 Cent album. Except Gatman and Robbin. That was fuckin stupid. He's doing big things singing M.O.P. and Mobb Deep. If they still have DJ Premier, Hav and Alchemist producing their records, even more people will buy it. Probably 50's mainstream fanbase too.

Prodigy used to be able to flow. Now dude can barely rhyme. M.O.P. has always been crazy with the lyrical side of things.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

i'll second that.

E M P T Y BOX!

E M P T Y BOX! Active Member

I usually like him on a song if he only sings the hook, cuz nowadays all his verses suck big time.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

To be quite honest i dislike 50 Cent cause you see teh guy everywhere and I have just become sick of him. As Casey said his singles are just mass produced shit. But I will admit that Get Rich or Dye Tryin was a great album. I'm gonna try to find that other album to download. But yah i had no use for the Massacre. Piggy Bank was a terrible dis song. Honestly who does the guy tihnk he is, he has like two major albums and he tihnks he can just diss everyone in the game, i mean the guy is out of most rappers leagues that he is dissing.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

:rolleyes:

<!--QuoteBegin--Ryder Music

Here's a taste of my life, its bitter and sweet
    I put my heart out to the sounds of the drums and the beat
    I put my life on the line when I'm out on the street

My mama gave birth to a winner, I gotta win
    Pray to Lord, forgive me for my sins
    Still thuggin', cruisin', rims gleamin'
    Like the stones on my wrist
    Zonin', guess this is how it feels to be rich
    Homie, you hustlin' backwards if you chasin' a bitch
    Stupid, chase the paper, they come with the shit
    I'm fallin', in love with success
    Entrepeneure, kinda sewer, I maneuver the best
    Rowin', ruger on my lap, rubber grip on the handle
    Stunt I'll have ya homies burn a rest in peace candle
    As wise men speak, I listen and learn
    A man dies, a baby's born, my niggas the world turns
    Rappers, I make 'em sick when I say I'm the shit
    They mistake my confidance for arrogance, they hate on the kid
    In '99, I had a vision and made a decision
    Bein' broke is against my religion, now picked up
    [/quote]

Case Closed

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I think the reason he disses people is partly discussed in his book. I read an excerpt on MTV.com and he said that one time he was at a Jay-Z show and Jay-Z said that he was going to drop down on him and 50 didn't know what that meant at that time but Jay-Z dissed him on stage and then 50 realized that what it did, was give him publicity and actually helped him business-wise. He later thanked Jay-Z and Jay-Z laughed. :lol:

LPRibbonMonster

LPRibbonMonster Banned

"fiddy" sux...it's all bout Juelz Santana and da diplomats

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

<!--QuoteBegin--LPRibbonMonster

"fiddy" sux...it's all bout Juelz Santana and da diplomats [/quote]
    ...........so do u hate him or like him?