"Petrified" To Be Debut Single

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

In contrast to reports that "Remember The Name" will be the first single off of 'The Rising Tied', the debut album from Mike Shinoda's side project Fort Minor, MTV.com has revealed that "Petrified" will be the debut single from the highly-awaited hip-hop album. Mike will be shooting a video for the track before he goes on a US tour to promote the new album. Mike described the track to MTV;

"It's a change of pace from what people would expect me to do with Linkin Park. It's got that spirit in there because it's me, but definitely like a different kind of song, like it's a little bit of trash-talking."

Mike also commented on the status of Linkin Park and their new album, squashing rumours they were on hiatus;

"I would have never done this record if I didn't have the blessing of the rest of the guys. We're not, like, on hiatus. We're working. We're very serious about our records, and I know the guys are at home right now writing. Hopefully we are looking at next year for a record."

To read the entire article, which describes how the project came to be a full-length album, visit MTV.com.

Thanks to Faded!

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Sweet. Can't wait for both releases. I just hope we don't have to wait forever for the new album.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm willing to bet that Mike changed the single after we leaked it. He went on for months about Remember The Name, and I guess now that's it's no longer a surprise he's thinking..."Hmmm..new single time."

Either way it sounds good. Better have better lyrics than RTN.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It's cool how MTV is talking about the leak and we were the ones who leaked it. :lol:

Geki

Geki >.

Yeah, I never relized that! Well, I guess Petrified is going to ge great then, I really want to here it.

Derek

It's cool how MTV is talking about the leak and we were the ones who leaked it. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    I know, I said that to my mom. It's hilarious! :lol:

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Meanwhile with the rest of the band...

WHHOOOOO! PAAARRRTYYY! Mike's gone, pass the tequila. (w00t)

----

Sorry, I just HAD to. :lol:
    $10 says they changed it because of us leaking RTN. :p

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

Linkin Park record maybe next year :angry:

Derek

Stop being so greedy and grow up. All I ever see you do is bitch about how long its taking for Meteora's followup to come.

Did you ever think that maybe they're busy re-negotiating their contract so that Warner Bros. doesn't make them release another heavily controlled catered to the masses pop-metal record? Cause that's exactly what Meteora was. Like Ryu said, Mike's work in Linkin Park was "safe" and even Mike himself admits that.

I want them to do solo works and TAKE THEIR TIME on the next record. Because if their next record comes out any bit as bad as Meteora, I will be incredibly upset.

palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

always good news to hear

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Stop being so greedy and grow up. All I ever see you do is bitch about how long its taking for Meteora's followup to come.

Did you ever think that maybe they're busy re-negotiating their contract so that Warner Bros. doesn't make them release another heavily controlled catered to the masses pop-metal record? Cause that's exactly what Meteora was. Like Ryu said, Mike's work in Linkin Park was "safe" and even Mike himself admits that.

I want them to do solo works and TAKE THEIR TIME on the next record. Because if their next record comes out any bit as bad as Meteora, I will be incredibly upset. [/b][/quote]
    I don't understand why so many people hate Meteora. Sure it wasn't as good as Hybrid Theory but it was still good. Percides, they had Don Gilmore as their producer, hopefully next time he wont be producing it. I wanna hear some Montreal style songs or somthing similar.

Anyway back on topic.

I hope Mike releases a video for this, I'd like to see if Mike can come up with a really good video for it.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

At least I haven't even heard this one, let alone overplayed it two months before the album.

Lpimp

Lpimp Extremely H! Vltg3

i read the news on my cell lol,i got a virgin mobile and read them in the morning in my cell... :D

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

awesome track

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

It's cool how MTV is talking about the leak and we were the ones who leaked it. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    We as LPA'ers should get credit!

Nice Track

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

We as LPA'ers should get credit!

Nice Track [/b][/quote]
    I should take some credit for hosting it for a while. :whistle:

Derek

I should take some credit for hosting it for a while. :whistle: [/b][/quote]
    You never hosted the CD version (aka the REAL leak ;)). We always had it on e-gerbil then we linked to the link rap basement had.

You're thinkin of the live versions.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

You never hosted the CD version (aka the REAL leak ;)). We always had it on e-gerbil then we linked to the link rap basement had.

You're thinkin of the live versions. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, I know. I can't even get 1/10th of fame? >_<

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

oh my god!

Petrified is an awesome song! oh my god... lol.. the intro kicks ass and when the beat kicks in.. *drools*

Mikes verses though are very different.. the pace is very different to what im used to.. i like it, he's trying new things..

hes got attitood in this track :D

StreetSoldierTD

StreetSoldierTD Member

i never thought i'd say this....but i dont like petrified....its wayy to rap for me....it sounds like something from every other rapper out there :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.