How well will it do?

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by JJ, Jun 11, 2005.

Geki

Geki >.

I'm better off in school since all the black kids that hate rock and metal and like hip-hop and rap will like me since Jay-Z made black people like Linkin Park. A lot of black kids in my school like LP now because of Collision Course. One kid named Jeric was even listening to Collision Course while I was wearing my LP Hoodie and said nice hoodie. I'm protected. A kid last week got stabbed in my town because he listened to metal and wore all black. Some black guy stabbed him in the neck 4 times until they found the guy who was stabbed lying on his kitchen floor dead as a rock. The kids said he hated goths and now all black people in my school hate and make fun of goths and metal-heads. I can predict a feud starting.

forgottenlp52

forgottenlp52 Well-Known Member

Yea im not going to burn the cd either. I want to support him to kep him going. Same way with Linkin Park.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

it will be pretty cool for mike i reckon. reaching out to so many people. i know he has already done that with LP but with this side project it will get him noticed even more across the different genres.

cant wait for the release, i'll be queing up outside my local music store for it! ^_^

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Me 2
    similar to the song Numb/Encore did in Belgium :blink:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

well, "remember the name" is definitely gonna do well. Styles of Beyond rock on that song - and that's the first time i've heard them! their verses fit the song among today's hip hop.

Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

I can't judge how well the album will do by hearing one track.

I have to hear it all - but if I were to judge, I'd say it'd go 1x platinum, just because of the LP fans.

It might become an MTV hit, though... maybe making people realize that most mainstream rap (50, etc) is GARBAGE...

Shinoda is by far the most talented emcee that I've heard.

JJ

i'd agree with that. mike is most definately an all-rounder.

after hearing some of their live show iam guessing it will do realy well. remember the name is perfect for a single. lets hope it will do as well as i imagine ^_^

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

i can imagine that it will do just as good as Collision Course. its got popular people on the tracks, and alot of people know who Mike is. some will buy it just for the fact that its related to [LP], but most ill buy it for its awesome sounds.

ShatterGlass

ShatterGlass Well-Known Member

I think its gonna do very well. Its already got an established fanbase of Linkin Park lovers. Plus, a lot of new people will pick up on it because of the leaking. It probably speread by word of mouth quickly, and from what I've heard of thier music they're pretty darn good! (I dont even like rap, and I like Fort Minor!).

Plus, they're songs seem like great single material. And I think that alot of fans are doing their part to spread the word. For instance, i've already told alot of my friends and family about it, and I know at least 2 of them are gonna buy the album. I've even told people about Fort Minor on another forum that I go to, and they're loving it!!!

Yep, I think it's safe to say that Fort Minor will spend a healthy long time at the top (or near it at least!). Heck, with all the good things going for it, how can it not be a hit? :chemist:

palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

i think it's clear that most of the sales will be lp fans. but you never know, i dont know. i know it's going to do well regardless of sales, by that i mean it will get rave reviews.

linkin_park_05

linkin_park_05 New Member

Well it is going to do well because all the fans of LP are going to get it so seeing that there are A LOT of linkin park fans out there it will be in the charts for a while
    Same for chesters side project

Justin

Justin See you there

Do you know for sure that that happened, or is that just some rumor that you heard?
    Where do you live anyway?

JJ

i saw a post over on lupe fiascos 'myspace site' and this guy said that Fort Minor is going to be the hottest album of the year