Do you believe in life after death

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by El Muerto, Aug 11, 2005.

?

No question avaiable to import.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Ant

Ant Ambient

Yes, it's a belief of mine.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

i believe that once your body dies you die.....maybe you're soul or memory and cling to this plane for a while. but death is the great black abiss.....nothingness....

at least in my opinion.

LD50

LD50 Well-Known Member

It sure would be nice to believe in life after death.

It isn't happy to think that when we die, we experience the nothingness that is so very hard to grasp. It isn't happy to think that once this life is over, that's all there is. But it's fantasy to believe otherwise.

You just gotta do what you can with what you got.

Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

i belive we come back to life as someone new and have no memory of it.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

A person cannot force themselves to believe in something. That's why it's called faith. It just happens, you believe in it deeply. Sure, a person can change and end up believing, but it wouldn't be from forcing themselves to believe. I wish I could believe there was a god of some kind, or atleast something besides "eternal sleep", but as he said I am too a logical thinker, and believing in a higher being, in a paradise after life, isn't exactly logical.

cam_KARMA

cam_KARMA Well-Known Member

EVEN THOUGH MY USERNAME...STATES kARMA..(HALF i BELIEVE ON IT).I DO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH...

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

there should be am 'I'm not sure' vote. because I'm not. and I don't think about it either. I'm just going to wait and see.

EDIT: yeah. that means Nullvote

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

well said

Unplugged

Unplugged Well-Known Member

Yes
    But no one never dies, cause you keep living in some people's hart and it's kinda crappy if there was only this life..maybe stupid to you, but that's mine opinion :lol:

Runawy

Runawy Well-Known Member

Sometimes I think it would be sweet if there was life after death, that it wasn't just over, but... No, I don't believe in it. When you die you die.

session0677

session0677 Well-Known Member

yes i believe in it i believe in reincarnation

cam_KARMA

cam_KARMA Well-Known Member

^ i BELIEVE BUT ONLY HALF OF IT...

BUDDHISM STATES KARMA...IN A WAY..THAT WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING TO YOUR LIFE NOW..WHETHER ITS BAD OR GOOD THINGS...IN THE NEXT LIFE YOU WILL GAIN OR SUFFER OF YOUR DOINGS...-THAT i BELIEVE ON IT..

BUT I DONT BELIEVE THAT IN THE NEXT LIFE W E COULD BE A PIG...OR SOME KNIDA ANIMAL THING...THAT i DONT BELIEVE ON THAT...

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

im not sure, but i have this weird theory about life after death...i think that we become a new kid all over again and another one is that, the Human Race has a swt number of people, meaning that when people die during a span of time, an equal amount of people will be giving birth to an equal amount of kids! but it sounds so dumb....

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I guess that could be a possibility if the birth and death rates were the same...if I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly. I'm not quite sure, but I think the global birth rate out does the global death rate.

Fantas_LP4ever!

Fantas_LP4ever! Active Member

I didn’t write everything in the last answer for this topic and what I will say next It’s serious.

The majiority of the ancient civilizations believed in the life after death, for example, the ancient Egyptian civilization. This civilization removed all of the organs from the body of the Pharaohs and of other riche and power people except their heart. They embalmed the bodies and beside the bodies were kept organs in vases. They did that ritual events cause they believed in the life after death, the deads turned back to the life with their last body.

When you go to a hypnotist he can know your last life. (I never went to one but I heard this in the television and read in the magazines.) It’s so strange, no? The hypnotists can know what you did in your past or/and last lifes. If you were a king or a slave. If you lived in the Renascenece’s era or in the Mediaeval’s era. Trought that he can know your fears and cure you from them.

One day I had lessons about ‘the body and the death’. We discussed that subject. I have ever seen some documentaries about the Egyptian civilization and I think I said some thing like that:
    ‘ The body is just a temporary address to the spirit. The spirit never dies except the body. So when we die we die physicaly and not spiritaly. The spirit is imortal.” The catechist said to me that I was right.

There are people that affirme they had or have some direct contacts with the spirit of the dead people. It’s frightenned but I believe.

Well, Christ after tree days of his death He resuscitated.

In Creed there is something like that“ And I wait the resurrection of the deads and the life of the world that is coming .”

Well, what do you want to say about that?

Link04

Link04 Ambient

And how would you ever possible prove him correct or incorrect? I could tell you that in your last life you were a fish, and what could you do to tell me that I was wrong? Even IF I accepted the premise for one second that reincarnation was true, no one KNOWS what you were in your 'last life.' They're either guessing to screw with you, or to put food on the table. Unless they were there to observe it, which, if they weren't a thousand years old, they probably weren't, how can they TELL you with a straight face what you were in your last life? There's absolutely no factual, concrete, tangible evidence, your guess would be as legitimate as his.

I'll say it again, I have absolutely no reason to believe that the body and spirit are two separate entities that work against each other, or in spite of one another. That's what the whole "life after death" argument is based upon. My body and spirit are nothing without the other, as two gears to my being. If the spirit didn't need the body, why does a body exist at all?

And the majority of ancient civilizations had slaves, that doesn't mean they were any more correct in believing in that. What you implied there is a logical fallacy.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

And how would you ever possible prove him correct or incorrect? I could tell you that in your last life you were a fish, and what could you do to tell me that I was wrong? Even IF I accepted the premise for one second that reincarnation was true, no one KNOWS what you were in your 'last life.' They're either guessing to screw with you, or to put food on the table. Unless they were there to observe it, which, if they weren't a thousand years old, they probably weren't, how can they TELL you with a straight face what you were in your last life? There's absolutely no factual, concrete, tangible evidence, your guess would be as legitimate as his.

I'll say it again, I have absolutely no reason to believe that the body and spirit are two separate entities that work against each other, or in spite of one another. That's what the whole "life after death" argument is based upon. My body and spirit are nothing without the other, as two gears to my being. If the spirit didn't need the body, why does a body exist at all?

And the majority of ancient civilizations had slaves, that doesn't mean they were any more correct in believing in that. What you implied there is a logical fallacy. [/b][/quote]
    damn right

laolith

laolith Well-Known Member

well if u count cyrogenics there is a life after death. wen ur frozen u die, and when ur unfrozen u r alive again. :D

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Death isn't the end of life, its just a path we must all take and move on to our next stages of existance...however I'll be damned if I'm gonna believe that heaven is a floating cloud in the sky...face it,if that was the case we would have discovered it by now :lol:

But I think paradise follows after death somehow.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

If heaven is exists in a metaphysical realm, to house our metaphysical souls, how do expect physical humans to "discover" it by physical means?