iTunes question?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Cale., Sep 11, 2005.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Is there anyway to import your smart playlists into iTunes. I had to change accounts because it was fucking up but I still want to have my Top 50 Most played the same as it was before. Is there anyway to do that?

If i'm not making any sense i can explain again.

LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

If you have similar songs that you critera for the smartplaylist, the songs should appear. Meaning, you might have to re rate your songs, if they don't appear to have any ratings on them.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

:hmm: I'm not quite getting it. All i really want to do is restore the Play Count for all of my songs from my other account on the computer into my new account. Is that in anyway possible?

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

Mine transferred over fine. Did you pay attention to the play counts before? Know that ITunes doesnt count a song a being "played" unless every second is listened to as well.

But yeah I have Windows XP and everything went smooth, all my ratings, playlists, smart playlists, and counts moved to 5.0.

LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

iTunes account or xp account?

you might have to move the library.xml into the new location of the library.xml... if you know what I mean. Playcounts, ratings are stored within the iTunes library database.

palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

i believe if you exported your library into a xml file you could use that for all the stuff you had previously including playlists.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

iTunes account or xp account?

you might have to move the library.xml into the new location of the library.xml... if you know what I mean. Playcounts, ratings are stored within the iTunes library database. [/b][/quote]
    2000 account :lol:

I'll try this library.xml thing and get back to you guys.

Edit: I love you guys :lol: