September 11th

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by USAF.07, Sep 11, 2005.

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

Today four years ago it all started, life seemed much more normal then, I don't know if we'll ever have that security back again.

Anyways where was everyone when they found out? And what songs bring back memories of it? I was a junior in high school in Spanish class waiting for the bell to ring so I could go to lunch. I remember not being overly shocked because I followed world events at the time and knew we weren't invisible.

Songs:

"Outside" by Staind
    "Illume (9-11)" by Fleetwood Mac
    "Let's Roll" by Neil Young

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I was coming in from playing football (or soccer :rolleyes: ) when I found out. It was a really shitty day from what I remember aswell, like really dull and cloudy. I remember coming home that night and watching it on the TV and then going out with some mates and talking about it. Everyone thought it was gonna be the start of WWIII... Heh, I guess the 'war on terror' is WWIII...

The only songs that really remind me of it are the obvious ones that were written about it. Like Believe by Yellowcard.

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, it may seem harsh what I'm gonna say now. But you can't make a new thread every year about 11 September. I do have respect for the people who died and the people around it. But you have to let it go one time, right?

But yeah. I just came home and my mom just grabbed me and put me on the couch in front of the tv.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I agree

insanechica007

insanechica007 Well-Known Member

really. i think people spend alot of time dwelling in the past..what apparently could've happened if so and so did this, what should of happened if bush had done blah blah..

i was in third grade. none of the teachers told us shit ("something bad happened at the white house today.."), but when i got home, my mom told me and i watched fox for about two hours. it didn't hit me until later how much damage and how many lives were ruined.

i can't remember much about everything before 9/11. which is sad.

Ether

Ether Well-Known Member

Im on the other side of the world, so it was like midnight and mum and myself were watching a show when all of a sudden the screen went black and then we saw a plane crash into the twin towers....I was like WTF??? I spent 6 hours until 6am watching the news and shit....all I could do was sit there and think what the fuck are we doing to ourselfs?

That day at school was ridiculous....every class I had, the doors were locked and the blinds pulled down...I mean Im on the other side of the world... its not like they were going to come over and terroise us like 12 hours after the towers....crazy teachers :wth:

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I remember the day well. It was my 2nd week in secondary school and after playing football (Or Soccer as Dave pointed out) on my much break we all went back into class and I had RE. There was an announcement that there was an emergancy assembly and that everyone must report to the main hall. In the hall they hooked a TV up to a projector on a big white screen and the News was on and the first footage of the planes crashing into the towers was on. Alot of people including teachers were crying. I was just praying that they wern't gonna attack London aswell, I remember worrying like fuck about a world war 3. On the day it was very cloudy and drizzely,I remember it like it was yesterday.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

I agree [/b][/quote]
    Me too.
    It was a horrible event, I sympathize with all the families of the lost ones and have alot of respect for those who died but I don't know...I suck with words so, yeah, what Marj said.

USAF.07, I don't see that kind of security anytime soon because the president loves fear.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I agree [/b][/quote]
    :thumbsup:

I knew this was coming. A thread about 9/11 on 9/11 :eek: . Okay, I don't want to sound heartless here, but come on, we seriously do not need a thread to remember what we was doing four years ago and what songs remind us of that day. Yes, it was an important day and I feel for the people who died and the families surrounding them but a thread about the same thing every year is pointless. Marj is right, we should move on.

I can't help but see this thread being turned into a debate sometime soon too.

amanda_diane

amanda_diane Well-Known Member

I was only in the 5th grade, and they did let us watch the news. I remember I was in P.E, then we all went back to our classrooms and we were watching it. I don't think I really knew what was going on, I mean I was only 10 or 11. No songs really remind me of that time.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

it was really awkward when it happened, it was 6am in singapore and i was....10? yeah, then my cousin told me that the WTC collasped and i thought he was joking but when we reached school they showed us the whole thing...i was like......shit no.....man that day was really bad....sighs... :(

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

:thumbsup:

I knew this was coming. A thread about 9/11 on 9/11 :eek: . Okay, I don't want to sound heartless here, but come on, we seriously do not need a thread to remember what we was doing four years ago and what songs remind us of that day. Yes, it was an important day and I feel for the people who died and the families surrounding them but a thread about the same thing every year is pointless. Marj is right, we should move on.

I can't help but see this thread being turned into a debate sometime soon too. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed.

We all know what happened 4 years ago.

But now there are other things on our minds.

I wonder if people hit by Katrina suddenly stopped to think about where they were 4 years to the day.

USAF.07

Agreed.

We all know what happened 4 years ago.

But now there are other things on our minds.

I wonder if people hit by Katrina suddenly stopped to think about where they were 4 years to the day. [/b][/quote]
    Okay then let's just forget about it. Kind of a downer too I agree, certainly not worthy of the fine topics usually posted here like "Boy gets dumped by cyber girlfriend" or "Michael Moore writes letter to Bush". B)

Apathy...just as prevelant today as it was before 9/11. Half of you don't even know what happens outside your own little world. As people always prove to me over and over again, they only care when it happens to them.

Minus

Okay then let's just forget about it. Kind of a downer too I agree, certainly not worthy of the fine topics usually posted here like "Boy gets dumped by cyber girlfriend" or "Michael Moore writes letter to Bush". B)

Apathy...just as prevelant today as it was before 9/11. Half of you don't even know what happens outside your own little world. As people always prove to me over and over again, they only care when it happens to them. [/b][/quote]
    WTF, man?

We don't live in our own little stuck-up worlds.

We were all involved in 9/11.

My GODMOTHER, for example, was supposed to be on the plane that crashed in Sumerset.

I know people in New York. I was scared as shit.

But there are more important things right now. I'd rather dwell on the crisis at hand instead of on the crisis 4 years ago, thank you.

Rather than dwell on something that changed everybody's lives years ago, I think I'll continue donating money to those hit by Katrina and continue volunteering at the stadiums nearby where people are being temporarily housed.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Apathy...just as prevelant today as it was before 9/11. Half of you don't even know what happens outside your own little world. As people always prove to me over and over again, they only care when it happens to them. [/b][/quote]
    They never said they didn't care, it's just right now there are other major problems to deal with, like the hurricane. So before you go judging us, consider that.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I had just woken up and I saw the twin towers up in smoke on the TV. That's when I knew something horrible happened. I was in 4th grade when it happened. I was shocked.

No songs really remind me of 9/11, but I do remember it from time to time.

Minus

WTF, man?

We don't live in our own little stuck-up worlds.

We were all involved in 9/11.

My GODMOTHER, for example, was supposed to be on the plane that crashed in Sumerset.

I know people in New York. I was scared as shit.

But there are more important things right now. I'd rather dwell on the crisis at hand instead of on the crisis 4 years ago, thank you.

Rather than dwell on something that changed everybody's lives years ago, I think I'll continue donating money to those hit by Katrina and continue volunteering at the stadiums nearby where people are being temporarily housed. [/b][/quote]
    Quoting for the sake of USAF.07 seeing that we do care, but have other things on our minds at the moment.

It is a new page and all.

USAF.07

They never said they didn't care, it's just right now there are other major problems to deal with, like the hurricane. So before you go judging us, consider that. [/b][/quote]
    Understood, however can't there be seperate discussions? 9/11 may be way back in your mind but some don't see it that way. Sorry if you interpreted my words as saying you were apathetic overall, but Americans tend to be that way. No one cared about terrorism before until it hit us in our own back yard, and MANY had no idea why. It's sad how isolated we are, not just in how we view things, but how we vote and follow the important issues. Those that aren't active in making a difference have no right to complain.

Regardless if you don't appreciate Sep 11th being brought up anymore then you don't have to click on it and let those that want to talk about it talk about it. It's a perferctly decent thread, I was just trying to get some discussion in about it in honor of those who died that day and to remind people that it could happen again.

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

its very possible that it could happen again, but it may not be in best interest to say that on 9/11. too many people would be upset

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

I remember. I was in fourth grade, and we spent half the day just watching the news.

And these guys are right. We've done this every year since it happened. It's time for us, including we Americans, to move on.

You forgot Believe by Yellowcard, bee-tee-double-you.