Teens these days

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by The Outsider, Sep 13, 2005.

The Outsider

The Outsider Billy Corgan = God

Does anybody agree that Teens have become disrespectful and out of control these days?

rhyss

rhyss Member

Not really, majority of teens arent that bad. It' just portrayed by media and ourselves that the small group of vandals/rogues are teh majority. I think elders need to respect us and we'll return it. Lets face facts, times have changed, kids go with teh change... so should you.

Ether

Ether Well-Known Member

If that's not a tad disrespectful then I dont know what is... :blink:

Being in my last year of college and myself being a teenager I have deffinately noticed that my fellow pupils in the same year as me have matured a hell of a lot, with about 6 exceptions, but that's out of about 300 people. I've noticed that there just comes a time when we realise that respect, responsibilty and knowledge help us out in life....trust me Ive been there and done that... :D

So I spose that teenagers between the age of 14-17 could POSSIBLY be the most dis-respectful, atleast that is from my own observations... :)

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

thats true

Ether

Ether Well-Known Member

:D :lol:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

No, but I will agree that stereotypes have become more common these days. :rolleyes:

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

No, but I will agree that stereotypes have become more common these days. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Agreed. ;)

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

No, but I will agree that stereotypes have become more common these days. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    owned :lol:

Stick N move

Stick N move Well-Known Member

there's a lot of generalisation going on..
    most old people also just cross the streets whithout watching out.. and when you almost hit them with your bicycle they look at you with such a look in their eyes "todays youth"

there are a lot of people who are respectfull, but that is not everyone.. i am not like them.. and people I know are not like them.. so i think some are changing.. but others are growing up..

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Yes Grandma :rolleyes:

Sorry but you can't say all Teens have become disrispectful and out of control, people do alot of crazy shit when their young but I'd hardly say its disrespectful and out of control.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Some people are just idiots and some people are good....at any age group. I suppose teens are immature at times but those are the people who just haven't grown up yet.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Amd you're 16. Which means you are right in the middle of those "evil years" you speak of. And you can't tell me you're a little angel because that's probably bullshit.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Amd you're 16. Which means you are right in the middle of those "evil years" you speak of. And you can't tell me you're a little angel because that's probably bullshit. [/b][/quote]
    Meh I am 16 as well.

I'm such a perfect little angel.

:rolleyes:

Weezy

Weezy Well-Known Member

lol, I guess it really depends on what age group you're talking about.

It seems that in the last few years of high school, most people mature a whole bunch..

But middle schoolers, now that's a whole different story. :D

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

:bounce:

Lots of different age groups have disrespectful people in them

Tekkiji

Tekkiji Well-Known Member

every child is disrespectful in some way. at one point everyone is. but is it the kids fault, or the parents. my parents are driving me up the wall, but i love them and respect them and i do my best to respect everything they ask of me. but it's like they still get irritated at everything i do. who knows.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

This is a little silly, guys. How many of you can really think back and compare teens "these days" to generations of the past?

Trends and things that are socially acceptable do change (piercings, tattoos) but I don't think most view that as "out of control" or "disrespectful."

And more then that, what would you consider respectful behavior?Once upon a time a daughter was expected to be respectful of her family's wishes and marry who they chose for her.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

Couldn't agree with you more.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

Apart from thinking that I'd aged about thirty years when I read the topic title, I think this is ridiculous. Teenagers aren't any more disrespectful of others than any other age group. We just get blamed because we're young.

Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I think people think all teens are bad because they see a small group of them breaking glass or something and then think all theenagers are like that , i ain't a bad person and i'm a teenager and non of my friends disrespect elderly people.