your earliest memory of linkin park

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ROFLcopter, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    ROFLcopter

ROFLcopter Well-Known Member

my earliest memory of linkin park is quite funny.

i was a lil 9 yr old brat watching a pop hit show on TV thinking "when is some good rock gonna come on"

then.... all of a sudden the one step closer video came on.... and i was headbanging around the lounge room to it :lol:

lpjordy

lpjordy Well-Known Member

I was 13. I heard One Step Closer on the Hybrid theory commercial and was like :eek: this song is effin awesome. Napster! Then I got the cd. Been in love ever since.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

i was 9 or 10, i heard "one step closer" on the TV one day. of course, back then, it wasn't so popular. but eventually, the bridge had quite a few people hooked, including me (though never would i have thought they'd get this far). then i heard "crawling", and "in the end", got Hybrid Theory and heard "papercut" along with the rest of it - and was a obsessive, dedicated perfectionist-to-detail fan ever since. and currently, i hold my title as the biggest LP fan in my school.

thatrsdude

thatrsdude Well-Known Member

I remember once hearing One Step Closer on Triple J and thinking "man, this is awesome". So I found out more about the band and soon they became huge, and the rest is history. I was 16 at the time (yes, I'm 20, some would argue I'm too old for this site, but screw them...).

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I was 15 when osc video came out and I watched the video on my TV several times while tone was on mute because I listened to some other music (The Offspring most of the time). So one day it wasn't muted when video began. The rest is history...

Boo

Boo Guest

I remember i always sat on the bus and this girl always wore linkin park stuff like this hoodie (every day almost). I was then started listening to the radioand fell in love with "In the End". An earlier thought is listening to the radio on the way to school when my sister drove us to school when I was like 10 or 11 and hearing Papercut all the time.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Can't remember my age, but it was a commercial advertising the album. It had the OSC video playing and Zane Lowe doing the narration. :lol: "Find out why Linkin Park are Americas hottest new band! Linkin paaaaark! - Hybrid Theory, in stores now"...

Yeah, it went something like that.

Geki

Geki >.

The earliest memory of Linkin Park that I have is listening to In The End and Crawling with my friend. In The End is really the song that got me into LP.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I can't remember how old I was and I can't be arsed working it out, but anyway... I was in my cousins house and he goes "listen to this band, you might like them. they're pretty underground but their first cd comes out soon..." He played a few songs off Hybrid Theory. Then weeks later I saw it in a shop (can't remember which one) and was like "I'm getting that!" I bought it and listened to the rest of it.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Crawling. Heard it. Loved it.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

Exactly.

...actually, that was my first good memory.

My true first memory was remembering that OSC was on this music video channel all the time and I was really really tired of it. lol (I like OSC now though.....)

meteoricgirl_kelly

meteoricgirl_kelly Well-Known Member

My earliest memory is sitting in my best friend's dad's car with her, her sister and her sister's best friend in front of the donut shop and waiting for her dad and then 'In The End' came on and they were all singing it and my friend looked at me and said, 'you know this song.' and i was like 'no i don't.' and this was when ITE first came out in like `00 or `01.

ROFLcopter

well i can say that if LP didnt release one step closer first..... i wouldnt of thought very much of them. one step closer really made a great first impression to me, but i dont think songs like "in the end", "crawling", "papercut" etc. would of had a bigger affect on me.

xero theory

xero theory Banned

its pretty funny i was watching tv with my dad and we saw a commercial for linkin park and my dad said there pretty good then i said they suck....like two weeks after that i got hybrid theory and then my dad said i thought they suck then i said no......i was like only 9 or 10

ROFLcopter

at my school around the time the OSC video came out... there was HUGE competition between linkin park - one step closer and limp bizkit - rollin'.

btw... ive never liked limp bizkit, their music is trash, and fred dursk is a dick

Ether

Ether Well-Known Member

You know that music that like plays in the public toilets in say.....a cinema, well yer, I heard OSC while doing my business :p Weird eh....I even stayed longer to hear the whole thing out coz it was so awesome.... :lol: God bless toilet music!! :D

Sorry...you guys probably didnt need to know that....but someone asked ^_^

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i was in France with my school and i had listened to all my cds. i ask one of my mates to see if they could lend me one of theirs..... hybrid theory poped out and ever since then i was hooked ^_^

thatrsdude

thatrsdude Well-Known Member

So while you were on there did it make you think "One step closer to letting it out"?!

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

'One Step Closer' video on MTV.

Ether

Ether Well-Known Member

So while you were on there did it make you think "One step closer to letting it out"?! [/b][/quote]
    nup :lol: but I always make sure to listen to the toilet music now...in case I'm missing something as great as LP.....but wait.....there isnt anything as great as LP ....is there?

:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.