September 11th

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by USAF.07, Sep 11, 2005.

Kris

Kris Well-Known Member

I was in 5th grade and starting my Social Studies class. Our school wouldn't let anyone watch TV or listen to the radio but teachers kept comeing in and saying stuff. I went home and watched tv for about 3 hours after that. I just remember really well that parents were absolutly panicing and going and getting their kids and not letting them come to school. It was pure chaos. Also soon after the attacks there was a big deal about the Dupont Chemical plant that's about an hour from my house. Accourding to the news if the wind was blowing right and they bombed the plant then it could really interfear with my town. I think that everyone in Charleston went on a vacation that week.

Justmuse

Justmuse Well-Known Member

Gosh I still cant believe it happened.I remember me sitting watching TV then suddenly all programes at every channel told that this tragedy had happened.I was so shocked.It was really hard.My regrets to all of u that have lost their beloved.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I was already home from school and was on the computer, then a friend was outside screaming that I should turn the TV on and put it on the news. I was pretty shocked.

I just have to say this but, America knew for a good year this was going to happen and they didnt do anything about it. The FBI caught a terrorist, but the higher chiefs said that they couldnt search through his PC. When 9/11 was over they had permission to look in it, and there were alot of documents about the WTC and other stuff.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I suggest you change your sig. The first plane to hit the WTC was American Airlines Flight 11, n00b. There was no plane called Q33. Stupid internet rumor that's been around forever.

Anyway...4 years ago...heh. 4 years ago, our government staged the biggest conspiracy the world has ever seen.

Yes, I'm a bigtime conspiracy theorist.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Yeah, I remember it. I was in grade 6. First period or whatever, a bunch of people where talking about it. I hadn't a clue what was going on, as I don't watch the news usually. Then I got home, went downstairs as usual to my computer and I saw it on tv, CNN or whatever was on tv and it was just repeating and repeating. Horrible. I was just, shocked that this happened.

If it wasn't for this attack, then the world wouldn't be as it is right now. The US wouldn't be so tight with security right now if it wasn't for 9/11.

But this was 4 years ago, let's just move on, try to not focus on what happened, as that's history now. It's time to focus on the present; the hurricane disaster.

Oh and something random. There's a storm here, right? Lightning and stuff. Power surge happens, computer shuts down on me, I turn around, my alarm clock was still on [last power surge my computer stayed on, and my clock reset..oO] and the time is 9:11. Coincidence? :lol:

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Are you sure that wasn't the date function? :lol:

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Are you sure that wasn't the date function? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    My alarm clock doesn't have a date function. :lol:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I remember where I was on 9/11. Skipping school because I was up late on the 10th for no real reason and pretended to be sick to get some extra sleep. And I could go on about the entire day, I remember it like it was yesterday. I know all the details down to what I ate for dinner that night. But, that's not the point of 9/11 anniversaries. In fact, there's not a huge point to them. 9/11 was sad and tragic, but I can almost guarantee you 3,000 people have died around the world since I started typing this post. Where's the day of rememberance for them? Where's the day of rememberance for the tens of thousands of civilians who have died in wars as a result of 9/11? The biggest attack on American soil is a tradgedy, and I'm not saying we should ignore it, but the deaths from the planes, WTC and the Pentagon are miniscule compared to the other non-attack related deaths that took place on 9/11, and there's no reason for people to keep getting upset, worried, and stressed over it.

Also, don't give me any "I had a friend who's mother's second cousin's father's uncle's friend's dog's previous owner was supposed to be on a plane but missed his flight so you shouldnt say that about 9/11" crap. My sister lived 2 blocks from the WTC at the time and was supposed to be in the WTC at the time of the attack but overslept instead. I bet myself and whoever said their godmother was supposed to be on the flight are the only 2 people here who actually came close to having their family affected by this.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I remember I was home sick from school, and I was online. (Big surprise eh?) Anyway I was online and my friend Nick (who lived down the street and was also home sick) said, "Turn on any channel right now, something big is happening." So I did and sure enough, I turn it on RIGHT as the second plane hit the towers. I remember getting so shocked I actually collapsed to the ground with my jaw hanging wide open. It was so scary.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

That would be me.

My godmother and her company were down there on a business trip during that week, and that day they were supposed to head back to California.

For some reason or another, her boss wanted to stay, while my godmother wanted to go home so bad she seriously considered getting on the plane by herself.

We are severely thankful that she decided to stay.

EDIT: And so it is this boss's decision that explains why there were so few people on the Sumerset flight.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

At the time, I was a freshman in high school on 9/11. I was in 1st period (English) when word spread around school about how a plane hit one of the towers. My english teacher went on teaching and didn't turn on the tv. Like, what the hell? :rolleyes: Then I went to 2nd period (Biology) and my teacher had the tv on and we all watched the unfortunate events unfold before our eyes on CNN. I was horrified. 2nd period was cut short and everyone was told to meet in the gym. We then got an announcement saying school has been let out early because there had been a terrorist attack in New York. I left school around 11:00 a.m. and came home to watch the news. I just sat and watched not fully realizing that something like this was actually happening.

rhyss

rhyss Member

i was in grade 6... i'd just woke up and watched the news every morning, i thought it was all an accident. tower one collapsed and i was like wow, it didnt hit me until tower 7 collapsed that "oh shit this is bad". this might suond awful but i didnt really care... i didnt even know what terrorism was until that day. we got to school and i had art, i remember the teacher saying for us to have a minute silence... i thought only a handful of people died and it would be forgotten in a few days. didnt stop hearing about it for the next 12 months.

songs that remind me of it are... definately

Linkin Park - Under Attack (crawling)

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

I was in grade 12 and heard about it by some little kids in the bus and i remember what the hell are those little shits talking about. Then igot to school and watched coverage for the rest of the day.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Are you sure it wasn't a repeat? They repeated the darn thing thousands of times.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Are you sure it wasn't a repeat? They repeated the darn thing thousands of times. [/b][/quote]
    Even if it was a repeat it is still sickening and devastating to see it for the first time.

salinameteora

salinameteora Well-Known Member

well it was my birthday n will b 4 every september 11th to come as it was for all those b4

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

What the hell did you just say? Sorry, I don't know the language of people who are too lazy to type out whole words and complete sentences.

Stick N move

Stick N move Well-Known Member

i heard a day later cuz i didn't watch the news.. it was my brothers birthday btw.. and my mom and dad decided to tell us a day later because it would ruin the party..