Figure.09

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ArtistSpongebob8, May 7, 2003.

ArtistSpongebob8

ArtistSpongebob8 Active Member

Ok, I have been thinking about this since I first heard Figure.09. Does anyone else think LP only picked that name for that song because they already have one called "Part Of Me"?? It's just a thought, but I'd like to hear some other opinions too.

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

I don't know but if they sisn't have a song "Part Of Me" they'd probably call "Figure.09" -> "Part of Me" makes sense :wth:

LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Yeah, the whole "part of me" title did cross my mind.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

me too

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

heh same with me, although there could have been other reasons why they chose the name as well.

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

working titles are better

Steph

Steph Ambient

I thought that it was cool that "Figure.09" was song number eight ...y'know figure 08

Aurora Girl

Aurora Girl New Member

(w00t) I know, I thought about the "part of me" part too. If you listen to the lyrics carefully enough, it seems like the song is about pain that "never goes away". A figure 8, as you know (lol) is a shape that keeps going around and around ion an "8" pattern. When the song is called Figure 9, maybe they are trying to relate the endless pain to the figure 9. This is really hard to explain! lol. like if you were running in a figure 8, you would keep going and going., but if you ran in a figure 9 pattern, you would stop because there is a dead end... ;) wow i confused myself. oow my brain hurts lol

ArtistSpongebob8

ArtistSpongebob8 Active Member

I'm glad some of you guys realized this too. Now I don't feel like a complete idiot, haha. I told my boyfriend about it too, and I had him thinking about it for quite a while, haha. Thanks guys ^_^

SketchaMPM

SketchaMPM Well-Known Member

I removed what I have previously said on account of the fact that I am a complete idiot.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Part of Me and Figure.09 are very similar on the song meanings, yes. It's like Figure.09 is part 2 of Part of Me.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Or not.

SoniZero

SoniZero Member

This is my Figure.09 theory:

Every one has heard of a figure 8...Well LP is obviously making a mockery of this...A figure 8 is perfect and unending...A Figure.09 therefore would be imperfect and ending...This explains why LP has short songs...They end in about 3 minutes, don't run on, and aren't full of useless parts...The songs are imperfect as well (because nothing can
    be perfect)...Brad said in an interview that it isn't good to be a perfectionist because perfection cannot be reached...He said that him and the members of LP realize this and instead strive to be the best that they can be...Although this is very close to perfection it remains imperfect...A figure.09 is as close to perfection that LP can get...Therefore I believe the name Figure.09 is an analogy of sorts that explains LP's musical beliefs...

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

This may sound a little stupid but how do you say Figure.09? Me and my friends say "Figure 9." I was going to ask Mike but I got all shocked and he'd probably be like "...And I thought teenies were bad." j/p.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

That has been said so many times now, and its completly false. Figure.09 is a song that never lost it's working title. They didn't name it that as some secret meaning, it's just a working title. If you don't believe me head over to LP.com and go to the Q&A section, Mike says it there.

J Money: Figure Dot 09

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Or not. [/b][/quote]
    Actually he's right.

SoniZero

SoniZero Member

that may be so...but my explanation is a lot more interesting

Bryan

Bryan Guest

that may be so...but my explanation is a lot more interesting [/b][/quote]
    But it's wrong, so I don't find it interesting.

SoniZero

SoniZero Member

A lot of other people do...I suppose you think your explanation is interesting?...the fact that it never lost its working title may be true but it is surely not interesting...I'm sticking with my explanation...It's my opinion and I don't appreciate you bashing it

Bryan

Bryan Guest

A lot of other people do...I suppose you think your explanation is interesting?...the fact that it never lost its working title may be true but it is surely not interesting...I'm sticking with my explanation...It's my opinion and I don't appreciate you bashing it [/b][/quote]
    It isn't really an explanation what I said. What I stated was a fact. Facts don't have to be interesting, its just the way things are. Mike Shinoda said it was just a working title and they never changed it, therefore thats right.

So you can stick with your explanation if you want, but it will make you look very un-intelligent seeing as I just showed you where Mike said that.

Such stubborn people these days.