Do u think that music creates anger?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by The Outsider, Sep 10, 2005.

Jakks

Jakks Point 0

For me it can relieve stress :wth:

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

word.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Some of the music i listen to is very angry and/or depressing but it makes me feel better. It relieves my stress. Sometimes it makes me feel angry but i soon get over that.

All these people who blame killings and shit on music need to get their heads examined. You may heard me say this before but for music to have any kind of effect like that on you, you gotta be pretty screwed in the head to start with.

palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

in ways i think it does but it all depends on how you take it in.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

I mentioned earlier that I believe music creates anger. Everyone has distaste for atleast some form of music. And if your distaste is big enough, you will not like it and when you hear it, it will anger you. I personally cannot stand when kids sing, country, or pop punk music. When I hear music in those genres I get angry. I respect the music but it just makes me angry.

Stick N move

Stick N move Well-Known Member

well, i freak on music sometimes.. but that is not anger.. i may get irritated of music i dislike. but music i like, i don't get mad or anything.. it just makes me feel good, and the songs make me feel i'm not the only one with problems on this world..

The Outsider

The Outsider Billy Corgan = God

i agree with the ppl in this thread that agreed with me that music doesnt create anger, but released it.
    I also think its another way for the bands to show what they have been put through, through their music and how some people can relate to it.

Runawy

Runawy Well-Known Member

No, music calms anger not creates it. When I'm pissed and wanna take my anger out on something I blare my music and it helps a lot.

Ether

Ether Well-Known Member

The only time I've seen music create anger....come to think of it....is when some 'up there' rapper 'disses' someone elses 'shit'....then you get feudal gang wars......but that then again doesn't happen very often...thank god ^_^

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Music doesn't rarely evoke many emotions out of me. I can tell you that there is no way in hell it can make me angry and want to do stupid shit.

ROFLcopter

ROFLcopter Well-Known Member

yes i think that music causes anger....

that fucking slipknot shit... la

HM-UNDERGROUND

HM-UNDERGROUND Well-Known Member

It helps increase adrenaline but...anger?! I hope not :lol:

I listen to my music for the adrenaline rush but that's about it...no anger in me.

~HM-UNDERGROUND

Spike RULES!

Spike RULES! Member

Alright yo.Here's wut i think.I personally think (like LP) that anger creates music.Music duzn't actually make people go out and kill someone.It's more like if u have killed someone (not that u have lol) but IF u did than that experience is probably what makes u write a song.Get it? :p

tunnelvision

tunnelvision Active Member

that depends what you define as "music", because everyone has a different interpretation. music as in what you listen to, or what you dont listen to?? music in general or all genres?? if you mean the music that supposedly is meant to be the source of all teen angst and cops the blame for everything that goes wrong, ie. the columbine shootings and marilyn manson, then i dont think it CREATES anger, i think it FUELS it. of course the columbine shootings weren't marilyn manson's or his music's fault, thats just absolutely ridiculous. the kids were already messed up. but say they already had all those thoughts in their head already, then went home and threw on a mm album, the lyrics and style of the music isn't going to exactly quench that raging fire inside them. in fact i firmly believe that it would have helped it along, metaphorically throwing more dry logs onto the fire. they listen to the music going "yeah...he's got the idea... he's famous and he knows what im feeling!! he understands!! man this guy is cool...what?? he said the answer is to go find a gun?? oh okay...thats a GREAT idea!!" now i have absolutely no idea if the boys responsible for the columbine shootings DID listen to marilyn manson at all, or whether the singer mentions guns in any of his songs, so everybody dont jump on me at once because im just using that situation as an example. but you get my point?? still using the situation as an example, things might have turned out way different if, say, the boys went home and listened to dido or coldplay.
    thas my opinion. but not only anger, the absolutely amazing thing about music is that it fuels many other emotions as well. love, hatred, sympathy, empathy, happiness, sadness....anything really.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

The point you're trying to make is right, but the example was so wrong.
    The people who shot the kids in Columbine hated MM, the kid who died loved him.
    But I still get what you're saying.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Actually I think music can create anger, or at least rile people up to the point of anger.

Intergalactic Christ

Intergalactic Christ Blood On Ice LPA VIP

^ I agree. It at least has some influence on people. If music can make people cry, it can make them angry too.

However, it pisses me off when people blame Rammstein and Marilyn Manson for Columbine, because people can interpret songs in their own ways, and the artist has not very much influence on that. Rammstein never encouraged anyone to shoot anybody.

I'm going off on an angry tangent here, I'll stop. I think listening to Faint is making me angsty. No joke.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

^ I agree. It at least has some influence on people. If music can make people cry, it can make them angry too.

However, it pisses me off when people blame Rammstein and Marilyn Manson for Columbine, because people can interpret songs in their own ways, and the artist has not very much influence on that. Rammstein never encouraged anyone to shoot anybody.

I'm going off on an angry tangent here, I'll stop. I think listening to Faint is making me angsty. No joke. [/b][/quote]
    Music will only make you cry if you're sad/angry etc.
    You definately won't cry if you're feeling perfectly happy/normal and just break down.
    Music will only make you angry if you're already feeling bad.

cece13

cece13 Well-Known Member

I think that angry music can fuel sadness and depression. In my case anyways. It flips the bipolar switch occasionally so I can see it causing others anger in some cases. I guess it just depends on how certain people deal with their emotions.

Intergalactic Christ

Intergalactic Christ Blood On Ice LPA VIP

Music will only make you cry if you're sad/angry etc.
    You definately won't cry if you're feeling perfectly happy/normal and just break down.
    Music will only make you angry if you're already feeling bad. [/b][/quote]
    I started crying yesterday because I heard With You for the first time in ages. I was fine before that. I don't know if it's different for you or not, but music can change my moods.