Official XBOX 360 Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by TeMpEsT, Apr 25, 2005.

1. xero theory

xero theory Banned

Right, your first point, "the standerd dvd drive or something" relates to the fact that the Xbox 360 supports DVD disk formats rather than the Blu-Ray format that the Playstation 3 will support. What this means is that you can't fit as much data onto a disk. This makes little difference though, as you can still fit several gigabytes worth of information onto a DVD disk. I wouldn't call it a problem at all.

The "guy who is working on a rpg for the 360 says alot of the games might have to come out with 2 or more disc" is reffering to this said situation. The biggest games might not fit on a DVD disk. If this does happen, the simple solution is to put the game on to two seperate disks. Problem? No. Just slightly more costly for the publisher.

These two things aren't going to make a blind bit of difference to graphics, gameplay or anything like that so I don't know why PS fanboys keep bringing blu-ray up. All it is, is a way of writing information onto a disk using a blue ray rather than the standard red ray. It's a lot more efficient and means you can get a lot more information onto a disk. But in terms of games, that means almost nothing. [/b][/quote]
    your totally right ;)

2. NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

"September 14, 2005 - Microsoft stormed into Tokyo, Japan this week rearing to kick off the Japanese cornerstone of the Xbox 360 launch. The company that Gates built revealed the last significant piece of launch news by announcing Xbox 360 will hit retail store shelves Tuesday, November 22 in North America, Friday, December 2 in Europe, and Saturday, December 10 in Japan. "

3. heshboy

heshboy Well-Known Member

Our The Halo 3 GOTY2007. lol

4. xero theory

xero theory Banned

i preorder my xbox 360

5. ROFLcopter

ROFLcopter Well-Known Member

apparently MSN is ment to be on there.

and heaps of cool hardware. plug in keyboards microphones.... etc.....

aparently halo 3 is going to be the last halo.

there are two campaigns - play as the master chief "to finish this fight"

or play as the arbiter and go around with keyes, johnson (etc.) and destroy the oracle and wipe out all the other rings.

6. minor park

minor park Banned

for real thats the last halo

7. heshboy

heshboy Well-Known Member

How do you know this info on Halo 3?

8. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I can't believe that you've got the audacity to post false information on these forums. No-one outside of Bungie and/or Microsoft knows what's going on in Halo 3 and they sure as hell haven't told anyone. My bullshit detector went off the moment that I read your post. All you did was make an assumption based on the end of Halo 2. For all you know, we'll get something completely different that won't have anything to do with the end of Halo 2. Don't post false information unless you have a credible source backing you up. Also, why the fuck would they destroy the fucking Oracle? IT'S HELPING THEM.

Anyway, I've found this article:

And this is my source. I found the article on TorrentSpy.com.

This, basically, means that Halo and Halo 2 are going to look better on the X360 but no-one can say for sure, yet. My best guess is that the pop-in textures from Halo 2 will be gone and won't pop in anymore as they did on the Xbox simply because the Xbox 360 will be much more powerful and will be able to display the graphics the way they were meant to be displayed. On the other hand, it may also mean that updates can be downloaded from Xbox Live to make the graphics appear better on the X360. Obviously this means that you're going to have to play the "better-appearing version" on your X360 and not your Xbox but it doesn't matter since it'll look amazing. As for Halo, they might have a cumulative Xbox Live update that sits on the X360's hard drive and "activates" when Halo is being played. It depends on what Bungie wants to do, really, or if it even looks better in the first place.

9. Jakks

Jakks Point 0

10. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I'm concerned about the saved games we have on our original Xbox hard drives. How can we transfer the saves over to the Xbox 360 so we can use our saved data on the backwards compatible games. Is this possible?

11. Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

Rip the hard drive out, attach a USB cord, plug it into the 360.

I don't know.

12. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Just a couple question

Can you play with the first Xbox controller on the Xbox 360?
    Can you link the Xbox and XBox 360 with the same game?

13. Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

No, but a 3rd party company will probably make an adaptor in the future.
    Yes, on Live.

14. Brentaliath

Brentaliath Revived 2012

My friend won with the Mountain Dew caps. It comes with the Need For Speed game.

15. Ant

Ant Ambient

I'm not an XBox owner, but can't you just transfer the data from the hard drive to a memory card?

16. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Then it's just a question of whether original XBox memory cards are compatible with the 360.

17. Will

And also it's a question of whether you want to take the extra time to transfer all of your data. I mean, I've got days and days worth of saved game data on my Xbox. At least 300 games are saved on it. :lol:

18. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

300 games? Jesus Christ :lol: I only have 15 games, and I thought that was alot.

19. Will

That's what happens when you spend the whole summer renting games with your best friends. :lol:

20. LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP