anyone know about new LP new album

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by xera, Sep 9, 2005.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Hell no!

linkinpark4life_69

linkinpark4life_69 Well-Known Member

ive been hearing spring of 2006.....forget where I saw it yesterday but it was saying spring 2006..go figure

linkinpark4life_69

linkinpark4life_69 Well-Known Member

haha, didnt see this post :p

B7rent

B7rent Guest

im just gettin into this convo so... do get mad if i say what has already been said.
    1st, every1 knows mike is comin out with a new album called rising tied and he already has 2 songs out called Remeber the name and petrified.
    2nd, chaz is comein out with his own solo album two!... ive only heard the slower songs from the nw album and it was on the react now concert called Let Down. Ive heard from multiple sites that he is gonna have an album out by the turn of the year so...thats about all ive got.

Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

Disagreed :mellow:

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

You say that when your sig is the Reanimation album cover. Just thought I'd point that out because I like pointing out hypocritical statements.

My opinion on when the album's coming is late 2006.

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

CC is the closest you're going to get to a remix album.. if you look at things through the bands eyes you will see that they are doing alooot of work to get new material out.. 2 solo albums in a space of a year (one of them in a few months).. then an actualy LP album most likely comming out next year.. If their solo albums arent going to please you then they're not obligated to get an album to you asap..

honestly i think that the solo albums are a must for LP to grow and make this new album the best yet.. the band has come a long way since Meteora and its shown through their live performances, guest appearances and whatnot.. ill wait if it means a good, solid and fresh LP album..

Ether

Ether Well-Known Member

True LP fan = Plenty of Patience

B7rent

B7rent Guest

Thanks for ignorin my earlier comment...
    Just let lp come out with a new album in the spring...
    and yea lp has made way too many remix albums, ReAnimation was cool but i really didnt like Collision coarse, i could of made those songs at my house, combining JZ and LP songs together

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I had to wait 3 and a half years for a new 30STM album.

The less you bitch about it the sooner it will come. When it's released, you'll be like 'already!?!'

XVZ

XVZ Banned

The new album will be out in spring 2006 i hearded

ROFLcopter

ROFLcopter Well-Known Member

dude, do u know how fucking hard it is to write a song. let alone an entire album!

and whadda ya mean they needed an album last year. that would mean only 1 year after meteora *sighs in disbelief*

geki - i would have to agree - the shouldnt be working on their solo stuff. lol i mean - mike and chester both suck without LP (my opinion).

just be paient an we may see a new album mid 2006.

all i can say is it'll be worth the wait ^_^

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

i think the two had aniticapted some fan disagreeing with their projects because of fear the band might break up and the fact that the rock and rap elements are seperating so crowds go one way or another (or for the true LP fans, both ways)... I know its your opinion but i have to disagree with you.. Chesters part on RocknRoll is the best ive heard of him and it wasnt even an LP song.. and all of Mikes collabs with other artists have been tops (FM is still to be judged)

i think they should be working on their projects.. because they can both bring back something to the table when it comes to producing a fresh album..

then again we shouldnt be saying what an artists should or shouldnt do because in the end.. they make music because they want to.. quoting mike

"i like what i do.. i do what i like"

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

is that a word? :wth:

i heard the same thing

XVZ

XVZ Banned

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

i think the two had aniticapted some fan disagreeing with their projects because of fear the band might break up and the fact that the rock and rap elements are seperating so crowds go one way or another (or for the true LP fans, both ways)... I know its your opinion but i have to disagree with you.. Chesters part on RocknRoll is the best ive heard of him and it wasnt even an LP song.. and all of Mikes collabs with other artists have been tops (FM is still to be judged)

i think they should be working on their projects.. because they can both bring back something to the table when it comes to producing a fresh album..

then again we shouldnt be saying what an artists should or shouldnt do because in the end.. they make music because they want to.. quoting mike

"i like what i do.. i do what i like" [/b][/quote]
    I agree with you 100%.

Personally, I think that the idea of Chester and Mike having their own solo side-projects is awesome. Fort Minor's music, to me, has been awesome so far, but we still need a glimpse of the whole album. Chester, on the other hand, has collaborated with a bunch of people. DJ Z-Trip, DJ Lethal, Motley Crue, and...that's about it. His covers such as RocknRoll and Wish were simply amazing work. And his performance of his own, "Let Down" at the relief concert was awesome as well.

This allows us to see who they are without a band. By doing this, they show us what they can come up with on their own. And sometimes, going solo improves you as an artist. Because of Fort Minor, Mike will probably have different style, and since Chester has decided to go solo, he probably will too. Everybody wants something different and surprising from Linkin Park, and as far as I'm concerned, we're going to get it.

As tremulant said, not only are Chester and Mike bringing fresh material to the fans already, they're going to bring it to the table when they begin making their new album. It's going to be different, and hopefully, it's going to be good stuff.

Geki, you stated that all of their good songs were turned into shitty remixes and whatnot. First of all, Reanimation was Linkin Park's best album, hands down. That's not shit, Geki. That's creativity at its finest. Collision Course...I liked it a little. It's a good idea, to mash-up songs like that. It's interesting. But I guess you could say that mashing up In the End wasn't necessary. Everything else was actually pretty good, though.

b7rent...too many remix albums?! They've only made two. Reanimation, and Collision Course. And even then, Collision Course wasn't a remix album. It was a mash-up album. Sure, the songs changed a little, but it isn't technically a remix when you have two seperate songs mixed and changed.

Paul: :lol: That is so true.

Coldplay took 3 years to release X&Y. And you guys should actually be thinking about it a little. Why it takes so long? Touring, first of all, to support the recent album they released. And it's called pre-production. Then it's called production, then it's called release. It takes time to build. Writing a whole album may seem easy to you, but there's so much that has to go into the process. You have to make it good. No, not good, perfect. It takes time guys.

You guys keep saying that you're top Linkin Park fans and that you know the band well and that you still have faith in them as a band. Well, you know what? As Ether said, a true Linkin Park fan would have some patience.

That's my two cents, coming from other peoples' two cents.

boojitsu

boojitsu Well-Known Member

For everyone who cares:

my opinion !!

Harvey Danger (they did that song "im paranoid, im paranoid, everybody's coming to get me, just say you never met me... im digging underground with the moles, digging them holes..." flagpole sitta is the song) released their first album after 5 years of silence. . .. it's pretty good. But not enough to keep them in business in my opinion.

If LP does (which they probably will) the same thing... they have to be like blink182... LP is fine with their AWESOME style... but they'll have to sound either 10x as good as they did with same style.... or take music in a new direction (music industry is full of nuances... blink182 started as punk, then pop-punk, and now they're just rock for the most part...) LP can stick around but not if the next album is:

track 1 - intro
    track 2 - hardcore song (DIE, SHUT UP, I HATE YOU... etc.)
    track 3 - medium song (i hurt... it's your fault...)
    track 4 - ballad (i hurt.... everything is so sad around me)
    track 5 - hip-hop rock mix (balance of both worlds)
    track 6 - popular song (mike does verse, chester chorus, it's catchy)
    track 7 - another power song (emotions flying)
    track 8 - another hardcore song (more screaming and pain)
    track 9 - DJ hahn song
    track 10 - powerful song with an optomistic feel (things suck but hey... maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel)

yeah it's a formula... yeah it worked TWICE... but yeah... we need more than formulas and "what worked twice".... Once again, they have to either rock 10x as hard with the same style, or change at least a little to bring something NEW to the plate... what makes LP STILL a good band not a relic of the past

also.. u keep saying "mike and chester, solo, long time" whatever...
    DO NOT forget that Mr.Hahn is also getting into FILM.... FILMS can take longer than albums to make... if he gets on a "hollywood" budgeted movie... we could be seeing a release later (or hahn-less) than normal...

record company problems suck... but what else are you gonna do ? they can't sell their soul to the company... i mean if i felt like them, SCREW the company... i'd wait it out and wait until i'm on my own label or company.... that's fine... but when we're not getting any WORD of what's really happening (they are just saying they WANT to do this, no real reason as to the record company stuff that i've heard from their mouths) it's hard to just sit idley as they wait for more artistic control

thanks for reading...

-boojitsu21

FickMyDuck

FickMyDuck Member

good to see people here that think like me too hehe.

eventhough I'm not a fan anymore, I'd like to see LP put waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more progression into their music. No more 3 minute songs. No more simple drum, guitar, bass lines. More metaphorical lyrics. Perhaps an instrumental with a solo by all instruments? I just don't want to see an HT version 3. I also don't want to see songs written just for radio airplay. I don't know how talented these guys are, but I know Brad is a waaaaaaaaaaay better guitarist than the single fingered power chords.