"Faint" Video Description

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If you were lucky enough to be watching MTV2 Rock around 6PM EST you most likely got to see Linkin Park's new video for "Faint."

The video is a completely different video for the band as it features the band performing on stage in front of over 600 fans that look more like over a thousand. The lighting is dark, only illuminated by lightbulbs running the length of the walls which give the video a nice brown color. Even more different for the band, this video is shot from behind them, so Linkin Park's faces unlike in previous videos are barely shown except for when they turn to the side or when it is from above.

Chester isnt shown until the soft part after the bridge, as Chester walks towards the viewer, literally screaming in his/her face.

The rest of the band isnt shown from the front until the last chorus, in which the lights flick on and LP is shown performing in front of a old torn down wall that looks like it was literally 'cut out' from a building.

I won't spoil much more, as I think you should be left to see this video for yourselves.

If you would like to view the video, click here, or here to download it.

Magick

Magick Ambient

Good description there. :)

'Tis a great video. I just missed the first verse of the video so hopefully they'll air it again soon.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

I just noticed something after watching the video repeatly after the premier for one hour. I noticed that in the part when Linkin Park is shown performing in front of a old torn down wall, on the left corner of the wall there's a painting. It's a drawing just like the lonely boy that's on METEORA wall at the right of the painting.

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

thanks for the great description, Derek! i randomly turned on mtv2 as soon as i got to work and it happened to be in the middle of the video o.o your descritption matched up perfectly ^_^ gotta watch the first half that i happened to miss :*(

LProckon

LProckon Well-Known Member

ooh sounds ultra cool. but no mtv2 here. nor mtv... :'(

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

Yep I just watched the video on "Launch" but mu opinion is that the video is........ :wth: really not what i expected. It's nice after you see the background, which happens only during the last 30sec. but honestly i was bored when i watched the wirsht 1:45sec. :sleep: Maybe i'll give 8/10 but i don't think the video deserves more.... [maybe i'm being too critical..]

[Edit]: I watched it again and again and i think the more i watch it the better it seems. But i still think they could have made it a bit more interesting... :wth:

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

That video deserves a nice 10.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

did anybody else notic somebody up in the window of the torn down wall. i think its Joe.

Anyway i'm gonna give the video 9/10. It was good but i didn't realy like the whole behind-the-band thing.

MrGoBLiN

MrGoBLiN New Member

Rofl. I try to watch the vid before work and launch is experiencing technical difficulties.

We are experiencing technical difficulties right now, please try again later.

Please use the following error code when writing to Yahoo! Help. (ErrorCode: 15)

::Raises middle finger::

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

HOLY CRAP i love this video.....its different from any concert video Ive seen, and I love how you barely see the band until the end, and at that point everyone goes nuts, its a different approach for them, and they pulled it off amazingly.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

if you would like to download the video, go to http://www.zpgvidz.cjb.net

fast server, a good 30-40k/sec on a Cable Connection, i downloaded it in 15 mins. XVCD rip too. :D

the video is hella cool, it's one of the better performance videos I've seen judging by the Launch version (which was blurry on my comp). I've yet to see the XVCD version because it was completing while I drove to school.

9/10.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Definutally not what I expected but still good ^_^

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Time for "Mark's Observations"!

Brad's T-shirt says: "J'ai Confiance En Toi" which is "I Have Confidence In You" in French.
    Joe is in the hole in the wall, you can see him slamming his hand down on the turntable.

haha, Rob looks cool with his beard/growth.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

:lol: Cool :lol:

Now for 'Dave's Observations'

I just wasted 10 secs writing that :lol:

Chazzy

Chazzy Active Member

Oh thanks for this link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I finally saw the video. I was watching tv real late last night and it came on mtv. All I can say is "WOW!". I really like the concept of the video. I especially like the last minute of the video when you can actually see their faces. I love it! :)

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

(sits back in chair after watching the video) anyone got a cigarette? HAHA :lol: But anyway, that video was amazing!

chaz Shinizzle

chaz Shinizzle Well-Known Member

wooooohoooo!! finally saw it thanx for the link LPFAN05 now i can watch it whenever i want.
    definetly not what i expected but still rocks!!
    the guys sure know how to put on a good show!!

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

Okey after the video is out i have a question: "What was the part that was supposed to be cut off?" I think the whole song is ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.