Remembrance Day

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Anthony., Nov 11, 2005.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

every country who lost people during the wars [/b][/quote]
    Oh. Yeah. Thanks for that. I know exactly which country you mean. South-Africa, Kenia, Mexico, Brasil.

Christ: If its not to much trouble, yes ^_^

The Outsider

The Outsider Billy Corgan = God

Ether

Ether Well-Known Member

Well even adults can be rude on such an important day. I mean yer sure exams are important but in my own opinion, there should still a minutes silence or two at 11:11. But no, exams are way more important! God if it wasnt for the ones who gave their lifes for us we probably wouldnt even be doing exams....silly people :angry:

With that out of the way,

*salutes*

linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

at school we had a miniutes silence and the last post was played on the buglenowone spoke throught the whole ceremony

Intergalactic Christ

Intergalactic Christ Blood On Ice LPA VIP

Wow, really? They should do that more often.

Ether: They could have changed the time... it's not the time that matters, it's the fact that you're standing in silence for 2 minutes.

Hugs for The Outsider :hugz:

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

My parent's homecountry was involved in one of the wars; Bosnia. Apparently from what I've heard it used to be beautiful etc [a few of the members on here can probably expand on this], but I was there last year and 2 years before last year, wow. Lots of ruins, it's terrible.

During 11:11 I was sleeping, so if I snored, it was an accident, I'm sorry. ;)

Ether

Ether Well-Known Member

I just think that its a matter of respect. I had my 2 minutes silence later but still...respect is good.

Intergalactic Christ

Intergalactic Christ Blood On Ice LPA VIP

Respect, yes, and rememberance. We must remember them.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I forgot it was rememberence day. I was in college & the fire alarm went off, I thought it was a drill but they only sound it for a few seconds to indicate the beginning of the silence. Me & My friend had no idea it was to begin the silence, so after laughing & talking, somebody told us to shut the fuck up. After the two minutes, someobody told me it was 11/11 & I'm like oh yeah, nobody told me.

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

I was watching Saving Private Ryan yesterday, and it was painful to see it. I never really took Veteran's Day as a serious commemoration, but ever since the whole Iraqi war and everything began, this topic of war has been weighing a lot more heavily. So even though I'm a day late, *salute*.

insanechica007

insanechica007 Well-Known Member

So was "Black Hawk Down". My favorite movie, but it just seemed to hit close to home, because my dad was in two wars (Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom). In fact, he's at the Marine Corps Birthday Ball right now.

My school had veterans coming around to different classrooms. That was it. No prayer, no moment of silence, no raising of the flag.. Fuck the school. I mean, just talking to a bunch of veterans..most kids couldn't care less.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Yes, all that death and destruction really has furthered the human race. Thanks a ton, armed forces ;)

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I'm all for rememberance but I don't think the school should be forced to stand in the cold by the cenataph (or however you spell it). It is boring and pointless.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Thank you for remembering the soldiers that, when asked to, fought for the freedom you love so much and seem to never get enough of.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

That's completely disrespectful.

I don't give a damn how much or often you want to shove your views on everyone else, there is a line where you learn to shut up when you have something cynical to say, and you've just crossed it.

Now, feel free to call my views uninformed, blast me for censorship, and write the subsequent and obligatory multi-paragraph philosphical mumbo-jumbo that only you can derive true meaning from, but that was unnecessary and utterly disrespectful. These men risked their lives when asked for their country.

Get mad at the country or government, but not at the veterans. They sacrificed their lives in the face of grave danger so people like you and me can live with freedom (of course your different view of what's "freedom" is up to you). But I'm not buying what you're selling, and these men deserve more respect than that. I've got a grandfather who fought in World War II, and everytime I think of him, I remember the things he went through to let me have this life I have now.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

That was completely disrespectful.

Like Mark said, you can blame the government all you want, but don't blame the brave people fighting.

I lost all my respect for you... I'm sorry.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I hope there's a draft and they only draft you.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I love you.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

It had to be said. I've never read something so disrespectful in my entire life.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I don't know about you, but I don't honour the Nazi's on rememberance day, I think of those who fought for our side and my country. just because they did something difficult doesn't mean you have to respect it.