The Official "With Teeth/NIN" Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Jan 31, 2005.

1. The Outsider

The Outsider Billy Corgan = God

:huh:

A.] Jeordie White ("Twiggy") plays in Nine Inch Nails now. Meaning he's playing with them at this very moment in Montreal. Meaning he's not an "ex-member".

B.] "Twiggy played really badly similiar to the ways that punks play their music." If I'm supposed to come up with a retort to this, then I'm lost, because I have no clue what you said.

C.] "i said that wasn't true. but is it?" If you said it wasn't true, then you should be educated enough on the subject to not have to ask as to whether you were correct or not. Of course, being the nice gentleman I am, I would've answered had I a clue of what you were saying. [/b][/quote]
    my friend was being an ass (i dont know deliberatly) and insulted Twiggy. and i was wondering if he played similiar to MCR and JEW.

sorry was in a rush to type that before.

2. Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Actually in my experiance punk bands tend to have strong rhythm sections. Yes, there are exceptions, but there are shitty bass players in all genres (that is, all genres that have bass players.) So that's kind of a silly comparison.

But I didn't notice Jerodie/Twiggy making any mistakes on the DC show...everything was pretty tight. I also can't see Reznor hiring a bassist he didn't think was good enough. The lineup on this tour is pretty new (especially with Jerome out) and I get the impression that a lot of preparation went into perfecting it. So why go through all that then hire a shitty bass player? I don't see the logic.

3. Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

my friend was being an ass (i dont know deliberatly) and insulted Twiggy. and i was wondering if he played similiar to MCR and JEW.

sorry was in a rush to type that before. [/b][/quote]
    ...Wait. You're an A Perfect Circle fan. Shouldn't you know if he plays similarly to My Chemical Romance and... whatever the hell JEW is?

4. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Jimmy Eat World.

5. Branden

<3 Thanks, Mark. But yeah, the Nine Inch Nails bass parts aren't exactly complex, from what I've seen.

6. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

JEW:

1. An adherent of Judaism as a religion or culture.
    2. A member of the widely dispersed people originally descended from the ancient Hebrews and sharing an ethnic heritage based on Judaism.
    3. A native or inhabitant of the ancient kingdom of Judah.

Usage Note: It is widely recognized that the attributive use of the noun Jew, in phrases such as Jew lawyer or Jew ethics, is both vulgar and highly offensive. In such contexts Jewish is the only acceptable possibility. Some people, however, have become so wary of this construction that they have extended the stigma to any use of Jew as a noun, a practice that carries risks of its own. In a sentence such as There are now several Jews on the council, which is unobjectionable, the substitution of a circumlocution like Jewish people or persons of Jewish background may in itself cause offense for seeming to imply that Jew has a negative connotation when used as a noun.

7. Mark

Smartass. :lol:

8. Minus

I'm just surprised someone else didn't think of it first.

9. Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Anyhow NIN and Queens of the Stoneage are at Rexall on wednesday. I am gonna own this pit. Now everyone please wish for my safety as there could quite possibly be a death in this pit. I heard thier show in Toronto earlier in the year was crazy and that some girl right at the front was getting her ass kicked.

10. a life in ashes

a life in ashes mercury summer

I wouldn't have thought NIN were particuarly pittable (is that a word ?) to but I'll wish for your safety none-the-less.

11. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

That's pretty funny. Nine Inch Nails not being a band with a pit.

I needed a laugh.

12. Branden

Some songs I can see it being. But either way, I've heard some crazy tales from the Nine Inch Nails Fan Tour Journal.

13. Minus

You don't see NIN as pit-able?

You win at life.

14. Ryan

LMAO, yah I totally wouldn't mosh to NIN I would just stand there with a lighter until i burnt my hand.

Anyhow NIN just got into town last night and I heard an interview with them on the radio and they said that Queens of the Stoneage got stuck in Winnipeg due to snow. I sure hope that they make it her in time to play, that would be a huge letdown to me.

15. a life in ashes

a life in ashes mercury summer

All right it was a stupid comment, hey I wasn't very awake what do you expect.

anyhoo on topic, I finally got hold of Broken and Pretty Hate Machine :D

16. Ryan

Good job in my opinion those are their two best cd's. Followed very closly by the downward spiral.

17. Ryan

Sorry for the double post, but nobody has posted since yesterday.

Just wanted to say that the concert last night was kick ass. Despite having about a 15 minute delay in the middle of the set due to security reasons Trent didn't miss a beat and got right back into the show where he left off. Funny thing was I told my friend that I would forget about the delay if he came right back on with Wish, and of course thats what he started up with. But yah the show was wicked and I would totally go see me again. The only weak part of the show was that some of the With Teeth songs kinda weakened the show. Other than that I was totally impressed.

18. session0677

session0677 Well-Known Member

very good album and tour

19. Branden

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but the We're In This Together video is now up on NIN.com's Visuals page.

I don't know when it came up, but the last time I checked the visuals page, it was still down. It's not too bad, actually.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  20. Mark

I found this song labelled "love.mp3" in my downloads folder and it turns out it's a cover of "All the Love In The World". It's a really great cover, in my opinion. But who does it?