Your Stance On The Iraq war

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Justin, Nov 18, 2005.

Justin

Justin See you there

1.) Do you believe the US invasion of Iraq was justified?
    2.) Do you want the US to 'win' the war in Iraq. (To create a stable Iraq without pulling out until after that happens)

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

1.) No.
    2.) Iraq will never be stable, and the world will never win the "war on terrorism", simply because even our government is a form of terrorism to some. It's an impossible war to "win".

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yes. Because of that, Saddam Hoessein was captured.
    Yes.

MegaRon

MegaRon Active Member

1.) Do you believe the US invasion of Iraq was justified?
    2.) Do you want the US to 'win' the war in Iraq. (To create a stable Iraq without pulling out until after that happens)

1.) No, we went in there under false intelligence and the president wouldn't let the UN just do their job and look for them first. Sure, Saddam Hussein is a bastard, but we went in there to find weapons of mass destruction and found, what, an expired can of mustard gas?

2.) I don't think we can win. Iraqis don't want the troops there and hundreds are being killed per day because of rebels.

I also hate it when people compare this war to the American revolution, Then again, in the American revolution, there was a militia that fought an oppressive force with guerrilla tactics... no, wait, that sounds just like Iraq. One problem- this time, WE'RE Britain! Know how we know? Our only ally is Britain! ...Oh, wait, I forgot Poland. :roll:

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

1. No. The 'justification' wasn't all true. Sure, Saddam Hussein was captured, but what about those 'weapons of mass destruction?' Did Bush really expect all those civilians that died (and are still dying) to be hiding weapons of mass destruction under their hijabs?

2. I seriously doubt that Iraq will be declared stable for decades. There are still people dying in every street, riots, invasions, suicide bombers. It's not possible to 'win.'

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

1. No
    2. Iraq is FUBARed, thanks to Bush. There's no winning or stability for the country in sight.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

Best.Quote.Ever. :lol: Ninjas are taking over the world.

1. No, originally they went to Iraq for WMD, there weren't any.
    2. Not going to happen for decades, so no.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

1. No.
    2. The US had no business being in there in the first place, and now they've created this mess. If they stay, they'll be there 10 years or more fighting insurgents. Iraq is a lost cause, and shouldn't have even been a cause in the first place. Glad to see some Democratic governors and lawmakers in Congress are voicing their support for a troop withdrawl. If you want the soldiers out, a Democratic president might be your best choice in 2008 (because I doubt they'll be out by then).

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

1. Nope
    2. No, and I won't rant on because the above posters have explained it pretty clearly!

Justin

Justin See you there

I know, but for Americans, they're your own people. If you read in the news that a soldier from your town or city was killed, you wouldn't be thinking "YES! They killed the bastard!" would you?

I was and still am strongly against the war, and I really hope that Iraq will become a stable country soon so that the US can withdraw. Just because someone is serving their country for a really shitty reason doesn't mean that they deserved to be killed. Sure, there are bound to be bad soldiers serving in Iraq, but the vast majority of them are just trying to survive so they can get back home to their loved ones.

Mark

What part of my answer has anything to do with that?

Justin

Justin See you there

I wasn't pointing that question at anyone in particular. I doubt that anyone on this board feels that way.

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

1) For Christ sake NO
    2) NO LEAVE NOW BEFORE MORE PEOPLE DIE

insanechica007

insanechica007 Well-Known Member

1) YES! Saddam had uranium there and god knows what else. He had 10 UN Resolutions to get his weapons out during CLINTON'S Administration, but he never did. And everytime the UN would TRY to search his estates and warehouses, he wouldn't let them in. He killed THOUSANDS of his people by torture and gases..he was like the Hitler of the Middle East. My dad was IN Iraq and he met people who knew people who said something bad about Saddam and were gone the next week, most likely killed. These Iraqis were in NO position to get rid of their dictator, for they were too terrified. What about the Kurds? How many of them where killed? Saddam is an evil bastard and yes, we had the grounds to invade them.

2) YES! We are doing great over there. All the shit they tell you about on the news..suicide bombers against US troops..insurgent attacks..is not that common. The media LIES. I mean, why do you think there are so many against Bush? The Iraqis are GLAD to have us there. If we were to pull out now, there are still enough radicals to throw the country into somewhat of a civil war. Yes, people have died, but MORE people died under Saddam's rule. LOOK what we have done! We made them free. They have a Constitution now. Free elections. In fact, people who voted had to risk getting killed to vote. People, my dad told me, would run out of their homes when his unit went through Bahgdad, waving and shouting praise. He told me he had random Iraqis come up and give them gifts, and young mothers would be out with their babies, waving their arms. THEY knew that their children won't have to live in the world they grew up in, of torture and fear. We shouldn't come out until the Iraqis are stable enough to rebuild and stand on their own two feet.

My dad is Lt. Col. Mark Bannach of the US Marines. His unit was a bulk fuel unit, giving fuel to US veichles.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

1.) Yes. They went in after WMDs, and found a slingshot and an unloaded pellet gun. I guess they found what they were after, so I give that guy in the White House a big :thumbsup:

Justin

Justin See you there

Yeah, the gassing of the Kurds was terrible. Ronald Reagan sold the chemical weapons used to kill the Kurds

If you have the right to invade another country because the President believes that their leader was evil, that gives other nations a right to invade the US if they think Bush is evil, right?

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah. But we'd kick their ass. AMERICA FUCK YEAH!

Mark

You had grounds to invade them? Where are the WMDs? The uranium? All I read is hearsay, where's the proof or evidence?

Saddam wouldn't let people into his palaces? That's a UN problem, not the US' priority. The UN could've solved this themselves. This is all about gaining a foothold in an oil-rich part of the world in a time where oil is becoming less and less available in the face of rising demand.

I have great respect for your father going over there and being a part of the army, but he was sent over there for malicious reasons against his or anyone else in the army's knowledge. I understand the obligation you may feel to support him in his cause, and I completely respect that, but there were no WMDs, and that means there was no reason for the US to invade Iraq.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

The invasion of Iraq was not justified. There was no proof that there were any weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and President Bush wouldn't let the United Nations look for themselves. He breached UN security by invading Iraq in the first place. He should've been banned from the UN just for that, which I'm surprised never happened.

Now that the United States is over there, sure, I want them to win the war. They're not going to, though. That's like the Boston Red Sox winning two World Series in a row.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

That made me laugh.
    How many Iraqis do you know personally that are happy you're bombing their country, since you're so SURE they are? Who's dying? Saddam is alive. Hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis who have nothing to do with the war are dead.
    I have alot of respect for your dad going there, he must be courageous and love his country but I don't think you would like the war so much if he didn't come back...