Halo 2 Question

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by arT saveS, Dec 1, 2005.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Alright, I've just lately become interested in the multiplayer aspect of Halo, and I was just wondering: By beating the game on different difficulty levels, does it give you access to new characters (i.e. Hunters, Brutes, or Drones), new vehicles (Shadow) or new maps on multiplayer?

What brought this question upon me was the fact that when you customize your player, you can choose from the Master Chief or a Elite. I never played multiplayer before I beat the game on normal, and I didn't know that if because I beat the game on normal I got access to the Elite...or because your able to play both the Master Chief and the Elite in the Campaign, they allowed you to choose one of the two in multiplayer also.

I looked around on the internet really quick, but I'm too lazy to be searching for it, and figured I would just come here and ask.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

No.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Multiplayer online?

The only two characters you can portray in Multiplayer Online are a Spartan and Elite. You can customize their colours and symbols, that's about it.

Nothing about your campaign effects your Multiplayer Online features. All characters can perform the same tasks and are pretty much the same. Elites have bigger heads and bodies so they're easier to snipe, but that's about it.

Will

They do?

I must be the worst sniper ever.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'm not a great sniper, but that's what I've gathered. And I do play, like, 25 hours of Halo 2 a week. Haha.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

No, I don't have XBOX Live, I was just meaning regular multiplayer. But I suppose it goes the same for that also. Thanks though.

Will

I've got a hard-enough time trying to snipe Elites in the campaign, let alone during multiplayer matches. Then again, I do tend to play the campaign on Heroic.

But also, none of my friends play as Elites... so I don't really get that much practice sniping them all that often.