Your Stance On The Iraq war

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Justin, Nov 18, 2005.

insanechica007

insanechica007 Well-Known Member

Yes, I still would've supported Bush. Didn't you not read what I said about the Iraqis running out of their homes just to wave at my father's troop? Did you skip over the part where I said of the hospitality they all offered to them because they were so happy just to see them? I can give you pictures of people that my father's troop helped. Pictures of Iraqis greeting them. You want to talk to my dad? You want more proof??

Yes, there was proof. The media lies. They FOUND uranium. God knows what else could be hidden there. That's 10 UN Resolutions. Ten!! Eventually, someone was going to have to go in. WE'RE part of the UN. How do we know he wouldn't have used them against us, something much bigger that would kill more than 9/11. How are we bombing them? As I said, more people died under Saddam's rule than from us being in there. Now, who's court is trying Saddam? The Iraqis. Without us, they wouldn't have had the courts to do that because there was no such thing as a fair trial. Their 'leader' WAS evil. IS. It's not a matter of opinion. Bush isn't evil. He's not killing his own people. Yeah, it's a war, people die, but he's not raping people and killing them because he ramdomly feels like it. If Bush was in the least like Saddam, most of you would be dead. They couldn't have free speech. Where's the proof of Bush just wanting to get their oil?

Yes, it was completely justified. The point is not "gaining a foothold in an oil-rich part of the world". It's to free them. And to get them a fair government. Yeah, it's a war. It's not pretty. But from the start of it, the media has been completely left-sided. Democrats and regular people just lashing out at Bush. But, it's never analytical enough to make sense.

That's all I have to say about that.

girl15

girl15 Active Member

1. no :peace:
    2. no, i don't think so...
    short answers...

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

aww dude shut the fuck up, i would bet my life the reason that they were cheering is that it wasn't a group of american triggy happy bastards who decide to attack their allies.

The media DOES lie, but I think your dad lies aswell.

and apart from that, woow,fucking fuel unit, no one cares what rank your dad is.

oh and i believe that more people died in bushs attempt to free them. bullshit about the freedom though,he wanted oil.

bush fucking sucks,and so does the american army.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
    Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

If you actually believe that there were weapons in Iraq then I feel sorry for you. Everyone knows there weren't and Bush even admitted that there weren't. And if he didn't someone else in his cabinet did. That much I remember.

Uranium. Ooh. Scary.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

You say they found uranium, but where's the proof? Back up your statements.

It's true, the US is part of the UN. But it's not the States' job to do a job the UN could have done much more effectively and without you further jeopardizing your countries safety by pissing off almost the entire world. The US could've went in there with UN help if the UN saw fit that Iraq had WMDs. But there were no WMDs, and that's why the UN didn't go in. Surely you'd think if the US had proof there were weapons of mass destruction, they'd show their proof to the UN before saying "we'll do this ourselves". Why piss off the entire UN? There's a hidden reason for this war. Please explain to me why the US couldn't have done it that way. How is this logical?

Saddam was no threat to America. There was no link between Hussein/Irai gov't and Al Qaeda. Absolutely none. A complete fabrication by the Bush administration. (Proof). Saddam had no motive or capacity to attack America. It's all unfounded paranoia. Started by your government to keep the masses paralyzed with fear and forced into submission that "he knows best" for your country. It's an absolute travesty.

If it was the US' job to take out every "evil dictator" in the world, the army would be spread so thin that you'd have to start making clones of people to have sufficient numbers. Why was Iraq such a specific target? Why not Darfur? Columbia? Congo? Rwanda? All these places have citizens in which they're being terrorized by civil war or corrupt governments. If the US feels it's their job to invade a country with no credible evidence by masking it as a "liberation" of their people to install "freedom" and "democracy", why not go into a country where there's sufficient evidence to show that genocides and atrocities are occuring? That's right, there's no considerable amount of untouched oil in any of those countries. Surely you're not that naive.

If you gave the media and Democrats a chance to prove their points before dismissing it as slander in a self-protective attempt to shield yourself from doubting what you believe is the truth, you might notice that this war is an absolute mess that shouldn't of happened in the first place

Saunderitos: You're warned. Never tell anyone to "shut the fuck up" here. There's a difference between disagreeing with someone's opinion and just completely insulting them for having one. Calm down.

Will

Also, FOX News Channel, the most right-wing news source on cable television, has even admitted that Bush fucked up.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

I dunno about that, most of our troops are in Iraq.

and of course we should have gone! The man bought yellow cake from Africa

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
    Mark

Source?

Actually, both you and Insanechica are wrong about uranium. The white house itself admitted they were wrong about Saddam buying Uranium from Africa. The man LIED in his state of the nation address! It was based on forged documents!

And who said it was to use against Americans? Saddam couldn't have threatened you with it because he didn't have it, and even if he did he most likely didn't have the capacity to use it against the US.

That's why you fact check instead of believing everything you hear from your president. Can't exactly disagree with the man you idolize, can you?

Will

What's "yellow cake"?

Angel food cake?

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

Sorry I thought more people saw the Black Bush skit by Dave Chapelle.

This war is a pointless mess that is costing us not just money, but the lives of many soldiers. Sure, "we are winning" is a common response from Bush supporters but how can you win against a general enemy: evil-doers? A war against no common enemy is a war that will last years upon years. Now we have to stay the course because we have a new Iraqi government we'll have to watch over for years to come even though we were suppost to "hand over the power" to the Iraqi government July 30th of 2004.

Mark

You were being sarcastic? Try and make it more obvious next time, nothing with your post indicated sarcasm. ;)

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

One: Look at the spikes in oil prices due to the hurricanes this summer! This is due to a supply that is barely meeting the demand now and which cannot meet it if cheaper imports cannot come in. American oil companies make quarterly profits of $3-10 Billion (Exxon Mobil has profits of $10 billion the quarter of high oil prices), and companies that large have a HUGE, HUGE incentive on the government. If they want to keep their industry alive, cheaper oil imports from the Middle East is essential...and that means securing the supply. And yes, I know my economics I'm getting 93 in the senior course.

Two: Why would President Bush invade Iraq without any proof of nuclear or chemical weapons? Why would they go to such lengths to fabricate this evidence? Why would the Bush Administration use the media to spread lies about the alledged link between Saddam and Al-Queda? All of this because they needed a reason to invade Iraq to gain a foothold in this region, and they had no valid reasons.

Three: So, Saddam is a dictator and a murderer you say? Fair enough. Why, then, have countless dictators across the world gone unchecked, slaughtering millions? What about the murderous military dictatorships installed in Latin America during the days of Ronald Reagan? What about the supplying of weapons of mass destruction to Saddam by George Bush Sr., as well as supplying the Taliban (and Osama bin Laden) in Afghanistan? This is because Americans had something to gain by supporting these oppressive regimes, but you don't hear this on the news, do you? The only reason they went after Saddam is because their once-ally became uncooperative and they decided to invade to gain more control over the second largest oil producer in the world. Ironic? Definately not.

This is the largest Conservative myth I know...the liberal media! This is simply a huge propaganda tool used by neo-conservatives to justify scaling back the accepted limit of public beliefs and values. How would liberals have any control over the media? Almost all the outlets of media (newspaper, radio, TV, internet, film) are basically controlled by five international corporations, Time-Warner, General Electric, News Corporation, Disney, and Viacom. These corporations would all support conservative, economy-based policies of the Republicans, who will give them subsidies and tax cuts. The conservative voice is the voice of the media, since they are the ones who own it. See Noam Chomsky's and Edward Herman's Manufacturing Consent for twenty years of research and analysis on this subject. Of course there are some liberal ideas, but that is because dissent has to happen...but really the media rarely really analyzes the situation or makes conclusions other than the ones you would already know.

I hope your last sentence means that you were finished with your post, not debating with us :)

insanechica007

insanechica007 Well-Known Member

Washington Post. CBS. Mainstream, left-sided media. It's insane what they'll to to bash Bush..I don't even read my own newspaper but.. What the UN was doing wasn't helping at all. Something had to happen. I could post articles and interviews but I don't have the time at the moment.

Wow, I didn't know this would upset so many people. My father is no liar, hon. And he's not in the army. He's in the Marines. Saunderitos, that was really disrespectful. I respect everyone else's opinions because they're actually doing so in a sophisticated manner. They have their opinions and they back them up. You, you just told me my "woow,fucking fuel unit, no one cares what rank your dad is." How is that supporting anything? How is that helping? It's not right for you to say something like that because it sounds like you don't know what you're saying. If you give me a reason, I'll honor it, but telling me I "fucking suck" doesn't have anything to do with why you dislike the war. I could be alot more angry right now but I'm not.

Thank you all for not bashing out at me..I've left other forums because too many people started sending me hate mail and such..so thanks.

Methybrea

@Insanechica007: for my reply to your last post...look at my previous essay...I don't want to write another one :lol:

And I know the bashers you run into...however that kind of stuff is modded quite well as you can see and I like to debate rather than yell at people!

Will

The only thing that I can safely say that I find amusing is that Bush supporters never "have time" to back up their responses, nor do they ever provide legitimate sources.

Mark

You can call whatever media source you want biased, but CBS is hardly a left-sided media. You live in a country where over half of your people don't trust your "President" and think he misled you into war. The majority of Americans disagree with your "President"s motives, but does that make them all left-wing liberal nutcases? No. That makes them logical.

Besides, call CBS as left-winged as you want, but CBS was just reporting what the 9/11 Commission stated. You know, that commission your "President" was first against (probably because it'd expose his mishandling of briefings and warnings) and then allowed to investigate the 9/11 attacks. You cannot possibly disagree with that government-approved commission's report. It's completely baseless and contradictory.

The tactic you're using here is "smearing". It was the Republicans' main modus operandi during both the 2000 and 2004 elections. It's a tactic used when they know their backs are up against the wall and they're cornered, so they lash out at everything and try to de-credit the sources through slander. You're doing it, and it makes no sense. Instead, please try providing sources to de-credit my proof, instead of just saying it's not true. Good luck, though, since that proof is concrete.

Methybrea

Especially when the government who commissioned it was trying to cover it up! :lol:

Will

Going along with what Mark said, I've also stated that the FOX News Channel, which is, easily, the most conservative news channel on cable television, has admitted that President Bush was in the wrong, and they're the ones who spent the most time supporting him. FOX News Channel is a huge, huge news source, so the fact that even they're admitting that President Bush fabricated everything should be a testament to how much he's misled the nation. Just watch any news program on there now. Before the 9/11 Commission's reports, FOX supported Bush like they were his third leg.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

insanechica007: Everyone already said what I wanted to say but yes, there were some Iraqis that wanted the US to go there. Keywords: "were some". They just wanted Saddam to leave because everyone fucking hated him.
    As I said before, Saddam is acctually alive and well, while Iraqis/American soldiers are dying. I'm not saying your dad is going up to any random Iraqi and blowing his head off, I'm just saying that I don't think the 27,295 to 30,789 Iraqis that died were all evil monsters plotting against America. Btw, that isn't the number of total deaths, that's only the number of people killed by soldiers. Now there are stupid extremists going around blowing themselves up so add another few thousand dead so far.
    Not to mention the 2,113 US soldiers that died.
    Now tell me all those deaths are justified.

inventionofitstime1004: LMAO. Mars, bitches!

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

So you support a crazed president who invades a country for economical benefit but will not accept that I think your Dad lies?
    You said yourself that the media lies, why not your parents?
    Your Dad isn't perfect 'hon',and neither is mine. Everybody lies.
    Opinions need no backing, because they are opinionated. I can think whatever I like, and say whatever I like.
    I dislike the war because I dislike pointless slaughter of innocents.
    I dislike the war because the american system is hypocritical.
    I dislike the war because the american system only does what is for benefit of themselves. Whether it be to 'look good' to the world, or to have economical benfits.
    I dislike the war because america should have pulled out long ago, even though they shouldn't have entered.
    I dislike the war because my countries system followed like a puppet for no reason.
    I dislike the war because it is KILLING PEOPLE for some phoney reason.
    I dislike the war because I am sick of america trying to be the world police.

There are my views, are you happy?
    The REASONS why I dislike the war.
    I couldn't careless whether you respect me or not.
    Now I have shown my views in a sophisticated way, you have no reason try and say that my opinion is wrong. Which by the way I didn't say for you.

:( I'm sorry Mark.
    LoL I'll be more composed from now on.