Your Stance On The Iraq war

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Justin, Nov 18, 2005.

Justin

Justin See you there

If there are thugs, gangs, and rapists, aren't there some in your country too? Why did the US invade Iraq when there are still so many problems with thugs, gangs, and rapists in the US? Shouldn't Bush concentrate on the thugs, rapists, and gangs in America before 'liberating Iraquies'?

There are tons of problems going on in the US. Remember the poor people who suffered from Hurricane Katrina? How can you possibly say that Bush was right by playing tough guy because you have the right 'equiptment' to 'fight back', when the federal government takes 6 DAYS to get the National Guard into New Orleans? It's really sad that your 'equiptment' isn't good enough, and US soldiers are getting killed all day.

Do you get pissed off at the terrorists who set off IEDs that kill US soldiers?
    Think about what the Iraqi people must have thought when you bombed THEM. Even the very bestest equiptments in the world can't bring back all the innocent civilians killed in Iraq.

Iraq has NEVER bombed the US, that's completely ridiculous; that makes me think you have no idea about what in the blue fuck you're talking about.
    Never in the news have I heard that Iraqi Air Force planes flew to the US and dropped bombs on US cities.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

I would say that the Bush Administration has performed one of the greatest propaganda media campaigns since the start of the Cold War or maybe even since World War II. It has been able to capitalize on the fear and paranoia created after 9/11 to great effect, by linking terrorists and Iraq not too directly but just enough for people to "draw between the lines" and make that conclusions themselves. Americans love fighting for "freedom", and at the start sparked a patriotic pride that the Republicans were able to use to their advantage. And their control of the media has been SUPERB. After all of these reports that Bush has been in the wrong, and after they even admitted that Saddam had no WMDs, as well as the Vietnam-esque situation in Iraq, its quite amazing that the media has been able "report" these things but no analysis has been made so that the public can really disseminate the information properly. And with the focus on Iraqi elections and their constitution as well as "terrorist" uprisings, they have tried inadvertantly to reduce the effect of these reports. foofightersgroopie here is a perfect victim of the media control and propaganda.

insanechica007

insanechica007 Well-Known Member

So you're telling me that you can't trust an official statement from the WHITE HOUSE that what I gave you is all true, but you can trust the god damn 9/11 commission and some liberal news media source?
    Ha, I think not.
    The "thugs, rapists, and gangs" aren't something Bush can solve. What do you people think?..the president has magical powers and can just solve every single problem here? It's not like he can go around to every gang leader and tell them to stop. What is this??
    Don't even start with Katrina. Did you know the federal government can't just invade somewhere because that's considered declaring war on the state? The mayor has to ask for help. How do we know that he did? Then, the governor has to ask from the president. How do ANY of you know that it was Bush's fault?
    And you know, the funny thing is, I'm only 14. You're all listening to me as if "my opinion really counted". I'm also the only of the only few supporting Bush. Hopefully, the other people my age will stop saying "Oh, Bush sucks." "Why?" "Cause he's Bush." And hopefully, furthermore, the media will stop dishing out this bullshit.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me? The 9/11 Commission was created BY Congress. Are you telling me that Congress is all full of flaming liberals? It was carried out by an independent and bi-partisan group (http://www.9-11commission.gov/). News flash, last time I checked, as in 6 seconds ago, Congress has a Republican Majority, so sorry, the 9/11 Commission was not carried out by Liberals. Nor was it even a product of the Media to begin with. Do you make this stuff up as you go?

I agree partly with you here. But what's hillarious to me is that you think that Bush can't solve drug dealing and petty thieves and yet it is within his power to go and build an entire country from scratch, put a democratic government in place, protect it from invaders and warlords from seizing power again, building up its army, and do all of this within his stated 2 year deadline, oops that's already passed. That's such a phenomonally large job its not even funny. You're not making any sense.

Who here has said that Bush sucks because he's Bush in this topic? Point them out to me. So far I've seen a plethora of very valid, and well documented posts from a vast number of members. The board has a number of very good debaters, one of the reasons I love coming here. Each topic is sure to have a variety of views, supported as best as possible by linked sources. So far the only one I've seen spewing propoganda is you by claiming everything you don't agree with is the product of flaming liberals.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Well said, Shade :)

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

1. no
    2. no

the us is harming more than helping the iraqis. i'm not saying leave them there to drown, but someone else (without that political agenda i am talking about) should help them.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Exactly. The White House reports obviously are curbed to reflect the agenda of the White House, and therefore will not shell out negatives that are the cause of their agendas. What we're being confronted with here on insanechica's part is blind faith. That's a dangerous way to put trust behind someone. That makes it very easy for them to manipulate you. And they've succeeded.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

From the White House.... Bush is kinda in the White House...and filters everything that comes out of it...

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

He's trying.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

ehh...only three more years of hell and making us americans look like asses in front of the world, and he'll be out...

Justin

Justin See you there

It's unfair on Americans that their reputation worldwide is skewed because of their government. People often forget that the US spent a ton on foreign aid; they basically spearheaded the recovery efforts after the Tsunami.