Lp Rock Fans Enjoying Fm?

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by Linkin_JZ_Park 03.L¶.03, Oct 27, 2005.

thefaintone

thefaintone Active Member

I am enjoying what I've heard from FM, so far. Sadly, I can't download the mixtape because my home computer has crashed, but I did manage to catch "Spray Paint" before it conked out.

Anyway, I do prefer rock and listen to some rap/hip hop once in a while. I've been kind of a recluse when it comes it "who's hot" in hop hop, to be honest. There isn't a lot that has been interesting me. But Fort Minor seems promising. I'll have to get my computer back to form a better opinion.

lpjordy

lpjordy Well-Known Member

I like it because it's not all gangsta yo yo I fuck yo bitch wit ma nine shit.

Linkin_JZ_Park 03.L¶.03

Linkin_JZ_Park 03.L¶.03 Banned

yea! well i cannot wait 2 hear the rising tied! and chesters solo and another new lp album!!!!!!

thats wut i want the most is lp back 2gether with there new stuff! its a great feeling! lol

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

He wasn't saying Linkin Park is part reggae. He's saying that he thinks they should be their own genre completely. Like, for example, rap is a genre. So he could have said Dance, Techno, Rap, Reggae, Hip-Hop, Folk, Polka, Linkin Park, Emo, Punk. I don't agree with it, though. I think there could be a new genre made to describe what they do, but I don't think the genre should simply be called "Linkin Park".

Can't wait for The Rising Tied, either. The mixtape was excellent, and I'm sure TRT will be even better.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

I'm more the rock LP kinda fan and i like FM.

I like Mike raps more like Rock kinda lyrics you won't hear 50cent rap about Pain and stuff ike that ...

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

On the contrary, I do listen to more Rock music, rather than Rap and Hip-Hop. Rock music these days seems to be the typical, but so is the Mainstream Rap and Hip-Hop. So honestly, I prefer Rock music as to Rap music.

But Fort Minor? That's something else. Fort Minor's music is rap, obviously, but it's not typical. It's not mainstream. I can never ever enjoy mainstream because it's like every other rap song out there.. But honestly, Fort Minor is a different story, and a much better one too. Mike's raps have the hip-hop, but a lot of the songs have the dark edge that people know from Linkin Park, which is partly why Fort Minor's music is so enjoyable. A good example of this dark edge: 'Spraypaint & Inkpens', 'Believe Me', 'Be Somebody', 'Kenji', etc.

A lot of respect goes to Mike because of Fort Minor. It really shows us Mike's edge on solo creativity. Instead of having to work within the genre restrictions of Linkin Park, Mike's pulling a Hip-Hop edge that Linkin Park fans can still enjoy. He's unrestricted. This is under his own record label, for one thing, he's working with some amazing artists with extraordinary talent, and above all, he's under the advice of extraordinary artists.

Sure, song's like Petrified and Believe Me may have been a disappointment (Yes, I didn't like Believe Me. The tom-tom part ruined the whole song, in my opinion), but I doubt that Linkin Park could come up the music that Mike has come up with alone.

For those of you guys who don't like Fort Minor, that's okay. We're all entitled to our own opinions. What annoys me though is that some of you don't like rap, and therefore don't like Fort Minor. But you still enjoy Mike's raps within Linkin Park. It doesn't make any sense. Sure, the raps are dark-edged, but it's honestly not that big of a difference. It's still Mike, and it's still his lyrics. It's strange how you don't like Fort Minor's raps but enjoy the raps of Linkin Park.

We're all entitled to our own opinions, I suppose.

Off topic: Sorry if I'm not making a whole lot of sense (I feel like I'm just rambling), I just woke up so I can't think straight.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I've got no idea if I've posted in this thread or not so I'm going to post right now regardless of whether or not I posted in here already.

I like Fort Minor and I dislike rap/hip-hop. I'll listen to it every once in a while but I don't enjoy it on the whole. Fort Minor, however, has really appealed to me and not just because it's Mike. It's just... different. And awesome.

YomasterXBL

YomasterXBL New Member

I miss the old LP music. I want a new LP cd, not hip-hop/rap.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The mixtape and what I've heard so far have taken me back to days when hip-hop didn't involve all of this gangsta bullshit.

I'm a big advocator of underground hip-hop, and feel that Fort Minor is the bridge that will close the gap between mainstream and the underground.

There are some seriously talented artists out there that deserve better than to be in the shadows of the dregs of hip-hop.

Linkin_JZ_Park 03.L¶.03

yea ur totally right

like dead celebrity status... there amazing but yet so very underground you kno? lol

but mike is different...his lyrics r still dark like LP but he talks about different things that wont happen to me until im older but songs like ''believe me'' happens to me .... and i hope the new LP album isnt too mature

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm more into the rock side of LP but Mike's album is just amazing. I never thought I would like a rap album this much

EvilDude

EvilDude Well-Known Member

I listen to a lot of rock even punk etc and listened to very little rap before that but this album is amazing. I'm loving it, haven't been listenin to anything but this album the last few days. However this album isn't going to make me get into hip hop / rap etc as last night I went out and at a couple of places, all they placed was dance, rap and hip hop and I was very disappointed with the music. They played Petrified too (fits in well with the other songs, but also sounds a lot better than the other stuff!), but I don't know, for some reason Fort Minor seems a lot better than the hip hop I've heard.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

This album turned out to be way better than what i thought it would turn out to be. Simply put, Mike is genius.

JoMe

JoMe Well-Known Member

I really enjoy the FM record. But I'm more into rockmusic than rap so I would rather see a new LP record than a new FM record.

girl15

girl15 Active Member

i dnt like FM very much...remember the name and where d'ya go are the only songs i listen. but i think they r much better than 50cent, eminem, 2pac,... (or maybe is that just because of Mike...):mike: :p

flyboy51

flyboy51 Well-Known Member

As others have noted there is no gangster lyrics in the rising tied which is what i hate most about other rap songs. I'm much more into rock than hip-hop/rap but this album is great.

Ameen

Ameen Member

I like both genres so this type of music suits me very well

Linkin_JZ_Park 03.L¶.03

yea i kno

but do u think ppl just bought this record cuz of mike and hes in lp??

or ppl just bought it cuz they like fort minor??

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

FM is awesome! i was intp rap before so i didn't have a problem listening to the album. as a matter of fact i'm more into hip-hop. i like LP with a passion though. strange...

iamnumb23

iamnumb23 Active Member

That's not strange, or do you have passion, you just like LP more face it