self mutilation

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by rosanna, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

A-freakin'-men.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

If it's voluntary, it isn't a disease. Full stop. The fact that you can become addicted to it means nothing. People are addicted to cigarettes, but that doesn't make them diseased.

I'm not taking that source seriously unless they have a PhD to back it up. That can be twisted in so many ways to further a point that's incorrect.

I think you need professional medical treatment, rosanna. I'd advise seeking it.

Like Nikki said, this feels more like an advertisement for self-mutilation, rather than an information session.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

i would advise you to never ever try to be a therapist as your profession. you would end up starving to death.

i did this to inform people of what is going on, and you are obviously ignorant of what is going on. whatever if you don't agree with it, but don't sit there and tell people to go kill themselves. that is cruel, and as people here have this problem, you are effectively telling people to kill themselves because they have no other way of fixing it. i myself don't agree with it, i think it's wrong, but it is a problem and people need help with it. i am not going to shun someone because they cut themselves. i would rather help someone than hurt them. you have to see the world through a cutter's eyes. it is not the same as you see it.

Mark

Who the hell is telling you to kill yourself?

Anthony

Anthony Active Member

well done, ros - you have discovered the power of copy and paste. and wikipedia too it seems. way to go.
    look, you're annoying the hell out of me. you can have your own opinion sure but you can go fuck yourself sideways if you try to impose your opinion on me (like you actually appear to be doing)
    no matter what long-winded and somewhat made-up definition you throw at me, my opinion will most likely stay the same

Last edited: Dec 25, 2005
    Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Look, guys. Cutting is something some people choose to do, it's not a disease, as Mark has already said, and it's certainly not a cure for your pain. While there may be a rush, in those few seconds after your blood has started to flow, it will soon ebb away, and leave you feeling emptier than ever. What a person needs is a close friend, to unload those troubles onto, and not take it out on themselves.

Personally, I prefer screaming into a pillow, or punching a wall, or a pillow, or letting everything out to a friend, but that's not always possible.

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

That's my approach to everything.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

what. the. fuck.

you need help. AND comprehension skills.

And don't you ever tell me that I don't know what it's like to feel pain. 2 of the people on this board know what I mean. I don't need to go into detail just so that I can get you off my case.

Back the hell off.

Please someone close this, soon. This is, for real this time, my last post in the thread. I just don't want to see any more fighting. It's Christmas for God's sake.

Mark

This is starting to get too hostile. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.